PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Surprise of the 2010 TC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
signbabybrady;1945407 2 said:
Add Cunningham to that OLB surprise with Murrell and I am pleasantly surprised with how we look versus how we thought we were going to look.

What about guys who might surprise by making the team? I keep seeing Sergio's Brown name as a possibility. Many positive reports on his ST play. Reiss today said he could sneak his way onto the active roster.

Isn't his position coach from Notre Dame his coach here as well? Maybe that's helped him a little.

Last edited:
I would say the Biggest Surprise is Welker coming back... i know when we all went to sleep at night we didn't think about it too much, we expected Welker to magically be back in time for week 1 of the season, but in realty we could of easily lost him until AT LEAST week 6 of season, it actually would of made a lot more sense.

Wheatley hands down

Last edited:
I would add Tyrone MacKenzie to that list. Did not know what to expect (if anything) out of him but it seems as if he is doing well. Would like to see more playing time for him on Thursday

I would add Tyrone MacKenzie to that list. Did not know what to expect (if anything) out of him but it seems as if he is doing well. Would like to see more playing time for him on Thursday

According to what little I've read on him, he's fizzled a bit in recent practices. Apparently, he's been lost in coverage a lot and isn't making as big an impact in the running games as he did during the first few training camp practices. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of him in the next two preseason games.

How so? did he show you anything positive? outside of not getting hurt of course.
photoshop-upsidedown.jpg

Last edited:
I was seriously asking for you're input on things, i guess you don't have any? i just don't see anything very positive in Wheatley this off-season.

Last edited:
I was seriously asking for you're input on things, i guess you don't have any? i just don't see anything very positive in Wheatley this off-season.

I agree, not sure what people are thinking on Wheatley. Aside from his one good play in the 4th quarter last Thurs vs. the Saints he hasn't done anything to be concidered a surprise. Bodden, Butler and McCourty are ahead of him on the depth chart. From what I have read he has struggled some in joint practices.

My biggest surprise of TC is definitely the return of Welker. Some speculated he wouldn't come back till midseason, if at all. No one ever thought he'd be back for TC and participating fully.

I would also say that Spikes is a big surprise. I think he is going to step in and start in the middle alongside Mayo. I think people thought he had the potential to be a starter, but actually seeing how talented he is has been a bit of a surprise

Spikes has been a pleasant surprise so far.....he looks faster than his timed speed...but then again, he doesn't have to run 40yds to tackle the RB in the hole :D

I haven't read all of the posts, but I'd like to cite Floyd Reese's role. I think that his having replaced Pioli in the draft room helped to shape the last two draft classes...and for the better. Scott and Bill had perhaps grown too comfortable with each other to be as objective as they needed to be. I don't know. It's just an assumption.

I need some help here. As you can see, I had to type 5 different answers to 5 different posters... so How does one use the "multi-Quote" function???

Hit the Multi-quote button for everything you want to quote except for the last post - hit the Quote button for that one.

I need some help here. As you can see, I had to type 5 different answers to 5 different posters... so How does one use the "multi-Quote" function???

multipass1.jpg

Ty Warren was a surprise - does that count?

I couldn't disagree more--not many surprises at all.

Wow, TC and one pre-season game and people are ready to declare that:

1. Wheatley is starter material all of the sudden,
2. Gerrard Warren is as good, if not better than Ty Warren,
3. Brandon Tate is not only ready to be a starting WR in the NFL, but is going to terrorize opposing defenses on the other side of Moss,
4. Hoyer could be the second coming of Tom Brady,
5. Mankins gone? No problem--meet Dan Connolly,
6. Julian Edelman is the next Wes Welker (only better because he has better physical tools!).

Seriously, I'm totally pumped about exactly two things: Brandon Spikes and Wes Welker. To me, neither are surprises--Spikes had "natural" written all over him. And Welker is Welker (just keeping fingers crossed--the way he plays, he is injury waiting to happen.

I wish I could say what Edelman has done was a surprise, but it really wasn't. We saw flashes of this last year. He's a real threat. We know that, but I hope the rest of the league hasn't caught on yet. Imagine what it will be like when both he and Wes are on the field at the same time!

Judging from what we've seen from Edelman against the Ravens and the Saints (although Aints might actually be appropriate here. . . . :D), I'm not sure it's going to matter much if the league "catches on to him" or not. . . .

Crable getting released was the biggest surprise so far. Never saw that coming;)

Biggest surprise? Ty Warren going down with a nagging injury that turns out should have been taken care of 18 months ago or even six months ago.

Brandon Tate showing that his abilities may be the real deal possibly putting him into the steal of the '09 draft for the Patriots.

Edelman. Great play so far, great return ability, and getting reps(even if just for show) at RB lighting a fire under Law Firm and the fringe RBs.

Gronk and Hernandez. In step with Crumpler looking like the Patriots finally have a decent TE corps.

Holt's injury and IR placement. Rumors surrounding the reasoning but anytime a team ends up losing a future Hall of Famer without actually losing talent at that position is a good sign.

Crable getting released was the biggest surprise so far. Never saw that coming;)

Crable being injured was more of a shock! He was like a man of steel before! He knew how to hit; just watch his game highli... oh wait! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back