PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Surprise move?? Try to call it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Surprise move?? Try to call it......

After the good play (for the 2nd week in a row) of the O-line....without Mankins, I'd call Dallas and trade them Mankins for any reasonable offer.

Last edited:

With 24 days till the season opens - might there be a surprise player addition upcoming?? Could be trade, signing a released player of significance or even one of our own (logan)?

Go ahead and take a shot - if you nail it, I will buy you a cup of coffee and donate in your name, to Miguel's sisters charity - bread of life.

My guess is they pick up an experienced all pro offensive lineman - Logan Mankins.

The, hopefully, "mighty" Quinn does not qualify as the "surprise" I had in mind here..............

Quinn cannot be a surprise, because the picking up a vet OG off the heap is SO Belichick.

Quinn cannot be a surprise, because the picking up a vet OG off the heap is SO Belichick.

Said it once, say it again.... I think they may dump Crumpler. I just have a gut feeling....

No way they dump Alge. No way.

Said it once, say it again.... I think they may dump Crumpler. I just have a gut feeling....

This guy has been mauling people in two preseason games as a blocker, and both Brady and Belichick have talked about what a professional he is, and what a leader he is. I would be truly shocked if Crumpler got cut. I'd put him in as a 100% lock right now at this point, personally.

Since its gunna be a surprise.....and we ALWAYS trade with the dumb Raiders...

Mankins for Robert Gallery....straight up.

Here is one that will get some of the draftniks heart beating faster.

Schoeble signs with Houston. Patriots trade a conditional draft pick for Conner Barwin.
beating_heart_2.gif
The pick could be as low as a 3rd or as high as the Patriots 1st depending on performance and contract extension.

*grumble grumble Mike Vrabel clone grumble grumble grumble would still have been better TE than Chris Baker grumble grumble while learning 3-4 OLB grumble grumble grumble*

Very rare to happen but how about a player for player trade (as someone mentioned earlier). Mankins is not in camp by week 1, we pull the trigger on sending him to:

1. Carolina for J. Stewart

2. Oakland for Bush

3. Bengals for Keith Rivers - Jackson has been playing outstanding for them at OLB

I know both backs have injury histories but I'd like to see some young blood in our backfield. Seeing Taylor at the age of 34 as our best running back scares me in a 16 game regular season schedule, never mind playoffs

Rivers is only 6'2 and 242 but He's a player and they appear to have depth there

There's got to be a way we can fleece Al Davis again.

Sanders for a 4th would be a steal. I'd expect more like a 6th or 5th. Think about what they gave up for Hobbs.

Mankins may get us a 1st. He considers himself the best guard in the league :)

They gave up two 5th rounds for Hobbs, which they immediately swung for a 4th round pick (Ohrnberger). I think a 4th rounder seems like fair compensation for Sanders. Maybe a fifth and a sixth. NFL teams recognize that he's a solid starting NFL safety, we just have a logjam of defensive backs.

They'll trade a 2nd or a 3rd round pick for a washed up player.

Since its gunna be a surprise.....and we ALWAYS trade with the dumb Raiders...

Mankins for Robert Gallery....straight up.
The dumb Raiders made the Pats look dumber for trading for Burgess.

Last edited:

OK, here it is...
We trade Mankins to the Raiders for a 2012 1st & 3rd. Mankins continues his holdout, citing that, on principle, he refuses to play for any team who does business with the Patriots.

They'll trade a 2nd or a 3rd round pick for a washed up player.

The dumb Raiders made the Pats look dumber for trading for Burgess.

Randy Moss? It all evens out... Plus Burgess came around at the end of last year...

(worst trade of all? .... Doug Gabriel)

This guy has been mauling people in two preseason games as a blocker, and both Brady and Belichick have talked about what a professional he is, and what a leader he is. I would be truly shocked if Crumpler got cut. I'd put him in as a 100% lock right now at this point, personally.

+1 totally agree

We will be resigning Seymour in 2011. So it costs Al Davis a #1 to rent him for 2 years.

:bricks:

Randy Moss? It all evens out... Plus Burgess came around at the end of last year...

(worst trade of all? .... Doug Gabriel)

Gabriel was only a 5th rounder. If basing the acquisition on the cost to get him, oh well.

Burgess is by far the worst. 3rd and 5th. Sheesh.

A healthy and motivated Jevon Kearse is brought in on cheap money to chase down the qb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back