PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sure, Randy's awesome...but how 'bout that Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to see how well they work when their backs are up against a wall. I can see Randy catching a long ball in triple coverage for the go-ahead TD capping a 4Q rally.

The long TD pass to Moss was one of the nicer passes i've EVER seen Brady throw. He put the ball ONLY where Moss could get it. Moss was well covered, but the ball was so well placed that it didn't matter. It was scary.

1) Moss
2) Welker
3) Improved blocking from the O-Line
4) Brady's spent a lot of time this year working on his long ball accuracy.
5) He seems to be entering the season a little more healthy.
6) It's been pointed out by more than one person that Brady's spent even more time working on his strength and visually appears stronger.
7) Giselle

Last edited:
1) Moss
2) Welker
3) Brady's spent a lot of time this year working on his long ball accuracy.
4) He seems to be entering the season a little more healthy.
5) It's been pointed out by more than one person that Brady's spent even more time working on his strength and visually appears stronger.
6) Giselle
The protection by the offensive line so far needs to be included as well. They've been downright dominant and he has had all day back there, which has played a huge role in how great the offense has done.

The protection by the offensive line so far needs to be included as well. They've been downright dominant and he has had all day back there, which has played a huge role in how great the offense has done.

I agree, the O-line is doing an unbelieveable job and should get their recognition as well. Brayd hasn't been touched nearly as much this year (so far) as in the past.

Another person that isn't getting much recognition and has been blasted on this board is McDaniels. The game plans he and BB are putting together are a thing of beauty.

Yup, they have been great. I wonder how much of their improvement has to do with the addition of Welker, Moss, and Kyle though? Teams have to commit more defenders to covering these new WR's and when they do bring extra defenders the Patriots have one of if not the best blocking TE in the league.

The long TD pass to Moss was one of the nicer passes i've EVER seen Brady throw. He put the ball ONLY where Moss could get it. Moss was well covered, but the ball was so well placed that it didn't matter. It was scary.

You have to give a lot of credit to Moss as well. He played it just right, continuing down the field without moving over to the sidelines for the pass so that the DB couldn't touch the pass with an obvious PI call. Then he just calmly reaches over to his right - while continuing to run straight ahead - and pulls in the pass. I don't ever remember seeing a receiver do that. :eek:

You have to give a lot of credit to Moss as well. He played it just right, continuing down the field without moving over to the sidelines for the pass so that the DB couldn't touch the pass with an obvious PI call. Then he just calmly reaches over to his right - while continuing to run straight ahead - and pulls in the pass. I don't ever remember seeing a receiver do that. :eek:

Yeah, it was another Randy "Matrix" moment. I am convinced that in Randy's bizarre frame of reference that ball was stationary. That's what it looked like, like he was grabbing his car keys off the mantle, not hauling in a long pass.

Last year, that's a guaranteed drop.

Okay I want to throw some communal cold water on us: the year is young. Brady and Randy are hot. There is no guarantee they stay this hot, even if uninjured.

But I will say, I don't see any reason to believe that this isn't the new "business as usual" for the New England offense.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back