Welcome to PatsFans.com

Supreme Court Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

No it means he already did and the Court is satisfied, move on to the next internet conspiracy theory...

This is the Donofrio case, held closely by Icy Pat..
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

The one he showed us was a fake-------------------:p

WHERE WAS BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA BORN
  4. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

"At least one other appeal over Obama's citizenship remains at the court. Philip J. Berg of Lafayette Hill, Pa., argues that Obama was born in Kenya, not Hawaii as Obama says and the Hawaii secretary of state has confirmed." ---AP

audacity of hope?
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

Hey obsessed one #2....you already posted this in another thread.

I have a question for you.

Do you like Barack Obama?
  6. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

aw gee, this is a shame. Does this mean that its
    PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES BARACK OBAMA?

YES!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IN YO FACE NUTBALLS!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 7 / -9

LMAO Lifer.

Where arrrre you, Icy?

Come out come out wherever you are....
  8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

Still waiting for an answer NEPatriot.

If you don't like Obama, I'd love to hear what your reasons are.
  9. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

How come nobody worried about where Bill Clinton was born. Id take Kenya over Arkansas anyday.
  10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Busy day today PFnVA ...

Oh well ... still think he should show it.

I still think we at least need some case somewhere that will better define the rules for the future.

I don't mind Obama as President ... he's picked a very moderate Cabinet, some are even a tad right of center.

I just think our Constitution needs to be upheld and furthur defined.

Someone will come along and file a suit properly that will hopefully fix all of this ... our future generations will reap the benefit.

Regardless of the cheap shots I think this is a very serious issue ... IMO.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  11. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +554 / 7 / -9

I don't think it's anything of the sort. I think it's a red herring, and it's been raised to the status of "serious issue" by a bunch of fringe types, in this specific case.

I also think that it's being elevated to a loonie right trial balloon for the purpose of Swartzeneggar's 2012 or 2016 campaign.

Or it could just be a ludicrous sore loser reaction in its own right. It seems to me in this country lately there is alway SOME cherished "principle" greater than "One person one vote."
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

Were you as concerned about the Constitution when George and his crew took tremendous liberties with it.. or are your concerns specific to Obama???
  13. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +554 / 7 / -9

You know they're specific to Obama... why even ask?

I remember all the nazi wingnuts a few years back talking about how "in a time of war" the Constitution becomes unimportant. How many right-wingers here did you see defending torture, suspension of habeus corpus, the drumhead trials set up just for "enemy combatants," who deserved neither the protections of the geneva convention nor, heaven forbid, our domestic justice system.... and saying that Abe Lincoln did exactly the same thing during the Civil War (as if the two times and the measures enacted were remotely comparable?)

They have no respect for the Constitution, Darryl. The whole thing is beginning to smack of an extension of the jingoism of that same time period. And I think they're being played like fiddles by a couple of puppetmasters throwing the red meat out to the blogs, in order to get an Austrian governor a leg to stand on in 4-8 years.

Mark my freaking words. Ahnold is going to stump on this in 2012 or 2016. The argument is going to be that McCain was Panamanian and Obama was from Kenya, despite the fact that only the first of these snippets is true. So why this antiquated rule that Ahnold can't run?

This "sacred Constitution" bull**** tactic would have been way more convincing, had they done their legwork prior to the vote. But of course, they did, and it came to nothing.

The prima facie facts say Obama is a native-born American citizen, and the burden of proof is on the detractors to make a case otherwise.

Instead, they shift the burden of proof and demand documentation above and beyond what has been provided and is public record.

And what has been demanded and is public record is already above and beyond what has been provided by any other candidate, including the Panamanian-born McCain.

It's a non-starter, and this desperate attempt to drape bad logic and bad jurisprudence in a "defense of the Constitution" argument (to the detriment of the largest mass of American voters ever to choose a candidate) is beyond desperate and beyond ugly.

How is it when George II loses by 500,000 votes, he's got a "mandate" to f*** this country 12 ways from Sunday, but now that we have a legitimate, clear winner who's captured the hearts and minds of the great majority of Americans, these guys keep throwing hail marys to try to steal the election ex post facto?

Sounds elitist.

How is it many of the same people who were proud to be lockstepping dittoheads, screaming and whining about how "Hollywood" is liberal and "the Media" is foisting "elitist ideas" on the American people, can't stand the choice the American people made?

Sounds elitist.

Don't get me wrong. There's a reason you call a leader a leader. We don't take a plebescite on every issue. The Constitution does acknowledge that "the people" can be mercurial and extremist when passions are inflamed, and that direct vote on every issue would be cumbersome and divisive. Hence our electoral democracy.

But the idea of getting rid of democracy altogether, as represented by this phony campaign to void the results of the election without a scrap of evidence that there's a reason to do so ("Give us more documents! We got nothing, and we have a right to invalidate you I mean a right to know yeah that's the ticket!"), is repugnant.

Per the wishes of the founders, our form of government is a republic. Our means of choosing our leaders is democratic. Some of these nut-jobs have just gotten too bold from being able to tweak the interface betwen the two in 2000 (dude I know elderly Floridian Jews, and they did not want to vote for Buchanan,) and have concluded that we don't even need the democracy part at all.

Maybe that's what they mean when they call themselves "Republicans."

Or in Icy's case, even when they don't.

PFnV
  14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

I posted about those concerns Darryl ...

However the democrats in Congress helped him and refused to impeach him ... you're barking up the wrong tree.

To this day I am the only member of this forum who was against both Afghanistan and Iraq wars and posted as much.
  15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

I'm sure it's because this board is not the focus of PatsFans.com, but the continued posting of new thread after new thread on the same tired old topic of Obama's birth certificate should not be allowed.

It's just a total waste of space on this board. I commend our mods for combining them over the weekend and I'm sure it's just a matter of lack of time to stay on top of this.

Our members SHOULD be responsible enough to manage this themselves and stop posting new threads but I realize that's a tough request for people obsessed over this issue...which is very sad.
  16. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

how many are Obama's BC cases on the court?
    Let hear them all.
  17. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Boo Hoo ... catch that falling sky PR ... so is this end of new economic sky is falling threads. :rofl:
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

The court will hear none, no matter how many fedex's that Farah and his crew send in.. that is one of the lamest strategies that I have ever seen.. look Clarence it must be a constitutional violation there are 15,000 fedex's... I would check Farah's portfolio, bet you Fedex is a prominent player.
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

Did not the Republicans go along also??, or are constitutional violations the exclusive venue of the Democrats.. not sure everyone knew about the wiretaps and torture.
  20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

If you believe creating thread after thread on the singular topic of Obama's bc is the same as threads on the economy, you're more deranged than you appear FBN. The economy is about as broad a topic that can be discussed.

Any other non-points you care to bring up?