PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suppose AD takes most of his snaps at ILB

Status
Not open for further replies.
*I wonder how in the draft do we have to pick an ILB in order from him to start next to Bruschi from day 1?

Thomas will spend alot of time outside, Vrabel will mix with Bruschi and rookie* for ILB duties.

Alot of the reason the Patriots have been so good on D is the talent of the coaching staff rather than the talent of the actual D (except the d-line) - thats why this years potential line up excites me so much.

In a non-sexual way.

NM

*I wonder how in the draft do we have to pick an ILB in order from him to start next to Bruschi from day 1?

Thomas will spend alot of time outside, Vrabel will mix with Bruschi and rookie* for ILB duties.

Alot of the reason the Patriots have been so good on D is the talent of the coaching staff rather than the talent of the actual D (except the d-line) - thats why this years potential line up excites me so much.

In a non-sexual way.

NM

That is why I found that article posted on here talking about the best 3-4 prospects somewhat invalid. See, they only projected ILB/MLB who could fit at ILB in a 3-4, but they didn't list any DE's who could transition to ILB in a 3-4.

That is why I found that article posted on here talking about the best 3-4 prospects somewhat invalid. See, they only projected ILB/MLB who could fit at ILB in a 3-4, but they didn't list any DE's who could transition to ILB in a 3-4.

4-3 DE's tend to translate to OLB's in the 3-4 don't they?

Or was that typo?

Apologies if it was.

4-3 DE's tend to translate to OLB's in the 3-4 don't they?

Or was that typo?

Apologies if it was.

they do, but they also translate to ILB's in the Pats' scheme.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see how this finally turns out come draft day!

How many recent drafts have we all thought they were gonna try and get younger at linebacker, only to be shocked as they ignored the position?

I can't believe with Bruschi considering retirment soon, that they will continue to do that.

It will be nice to bring a first rounder into the fold at this position.

Think outside the BOX

We need to Stop thinking in traditional terms as to what a ILB, OLB, and SS responsibilities are.

I actually see his role as more of a safety than a linebacker.

I think he is primarily being brought in to stop the opposing teams tight ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back