Welcome to PatsFans.com

Support for supervised herion injections rising.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by fleabassist1, Oct 17, 2007.

1. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/10/16/BA78SQEG7.DTL

Are these people insane? Let's legalize homicide while we are at it!:bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

3. fleabassist1

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I understand the thought process - Legalize a behavior and you can control it... but this is nutty... they didn't even legalize marijuana :singing:

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree that it's possible to understand the thought process and the theory... but heck, even communism sounds great in theory. The problem with these moonbats is they look down from their ivory towers and refuse to acknowledge their silly theories just don't work in the real world.

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +833 / 7 / -3

What a Banana Republic we live in.

6. fleabassist1

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Communism sounds great in theory as much as anarchism sounds great in theory. (Cough, IranisadictatorialnationandneedstoberecognizedassuchBECAUSEtheyaretargetingamericansincoldbloodASWELLASsupportingterrorism, cough.)

7. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

What a tremendous idea.

What will they think of next. How bout "sex in kindergarten". Naaaaw The Norwegians are way AHEAD OF US on that one.

I said it once, I'll say it again - "We're fukcing DOOMED"

Hey, that reminds me............. SWEARING at work boost's morale in the workplace. Gotta be true if it came out of a University study, right?

8. fleabassist1

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah, I heard that on Hannity yesterday (the sex in kindergarten). Discusting :(

9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +485 / 20 / -17

The article reports that there's some evidence that such ceners can actually help people pursue a detox program. It probably makes to try it in some sort of controlled manner to gather information. For instance, what kind of people would opt to use such a center? Maybe for those who are worried about their safety, this could be a first step towards getting unhooked. I've known two people who took heroin; one was an addict, who repeatedly tried to quit but in the end always failed. She's probably dead by now. (The last I heard, about 15 years ago, she was making a living as a Dominitrix.) The other was a friend of mine who tried heroin and described as "so wonderful that she'll never try it again." I suppose that makes sense; that's why people do it in the first place.

10. Patters

Ratings:
    +485 / 20 / -17

It is a bizarre idea, but it's not sex, and it is rooted in theories of psychology that chances are you grew up with. It's the belief that we learn on our own, through exploration and curiosity. The idea, which has been around for at least 100 years, is that adults should respond to young children more than direct them so that their cognitive skills develop naturally.

It's also worth noting that Scandinavians, unlike Americans, distinguish very much between sex and sexualty. Sex is at least as private in Scandinavia as it is here, but nudity and sexuality is not nearly as big a deal. If you can comprehend that, their proposal is not as strange as it sounds. Of course, you immediately read it as "sex in kindergarten," so maybe the cultural differences are too much for you to grasp. I will say this about Scandinavia, kids are far better off there than they are here. Childhood is very much protected, and if you ever visit the Scandinavian countries (and if you're at least 50), you'll discover that kids are still kids, not living in the neurotic and paranoid world that American kids live in today.

That said, I don't support the idea because to my American way of thinking it carries too many risks, not only with bad kids, but with bad adults as well. Also, the idea of kids being allowed to masturbate would seem to cross the line from sexuality to sex even if the kid doesn't perceive it that way.

11. fleabassist1

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Allowing children to touch each other, masturbate with each other, and "play house" is disgusting. You can say I don't have a cultural grasp on that all you want - I don't want to grasp that.:bricks:

12. Patters

Ratings:
    +485 / 20 / -17

As I said, we don't disagree, but it appears so bizarre in part because of cultural differences. When I lived in Sweden more than one person told me that in many families there kids would go into the bathroom and brush their teeth or shower while the mom or dad was on the toilet. It's just a cultural difference. Strange, but we have to judge in the context of their culture, rather than look upon them as perverts.

13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +709 / 20 / -30

That herion stuff is almost as bad as heroin..

14. fleabassist1

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Besides, I thought we where done with personal attacks:cool:

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +485 / 20 / -17

Yeah, sorry about that.

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +833 / 7 / -3

Some people are truly fukced up. This is why we need a voucher system immidiately, and this is also why you won't see one if the far left, and their union buddies lives depends on it. Vouchers means choice, and competition, which would mean the loss of a half a trillion dollar monopoly on indoctrinating our children. This will be here, if it isn't already, very soon. Listen to this crack pot, and tell me she doesn't sound like some principle from Newton or Cambridge.

Children, she said, should be able "to look at each other and examine each other's bodies. They can play doctor, play mother and father, dance naked and masturbate.

"But their sexuality must also be socialized, so they are not, for example, allowed to masturbate while sitting and eating. Nor can they be allowed to pressure other children into doing things they don't want to."

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article2050710.ece

17. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +728 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Think of the possibilities when combining this with HillaryCare - free Heroin for all; what a platform.

:bricks:

18. Patters

Ratings:
    +485 / 20 / -17

It would ruin this forum. We'd all chill and agree with other.

19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it's interesting all the outrage about how the indigent take their drugs...

but does anyone on the 'right' here want to confront the FACT that the CIA has been importing heroin into this country for decades and laundering hundreds of billions from it? since the Nixon administration?

anyone who would like to discuss this and their hypocritical outrage regarding the "war on drugs"... i'm ready...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +833 / 7 / -3

Having lost a friend to heroin addiction, and having seen at least another half dozen lives go the way of the gutter because of it, I'm not sure it's use, even if free, would be a good thing. Heroin is one of the most addictive, and destructive drugs around. It's not like ecstasy or weed. Any drug can do you in if your not strong enough to control your use of it, but drugs like crack and heroin can kill even the strongest willed people.