Welcome to PatsFans.com

support a union ..... pay more for a movie

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by tanked_as_usual, Sep 8, 2009.

1. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

Yea, but don't they get the same royalty on each sale of the video to the rental agent???.. not matter who buys it, it is the same profit margin..

It makes no sense, I belong to Netflix.. in reality Redbox would be more expensive... Netflix is a whole lot easier.. do not get this whole thing.

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

oh man, they are not gonna be happy when they hear about bittorrent.

4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

it is more expensive if you watch 9 movies a month.......not that this was a redbox versus netflix issue to start with

I figure its got its own spot at the supermarket........if you go there all the time anyway, then I dont see how it is easier....not in any substantial way anyway

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What movies are worth seeing these days????

:confused2:

Most are schlock.

Where's the new Ben Hur or Casablanca??

//

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

My supermarket does not have redbox... the movie still costs the same whether it is bought by Redbox, Netflix or Blockbuster... live in a rural area, so coming to my mail box is easier and more cost effective..

7. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Still cheaper by mail anyway...in your state it's $5.34 a month for cheapest deal, which averages down to about $.66 a movie if watched at night and put in the mail box the next day.

All this is a load of garbage, the stores got undone by what they had done in the past to the movie theaters...The fact that they are right next to things that are connected with movie nights is no coincidence, it's smart marketing. People go out to buy popcorn, soda, crackers, wine, cheese etc. from the market for the movie nights so placing them in a crowded place that sees lots of foot traffic and impulse buying will automatically bring in big business for the makers.

What's next, going after pulbic libraries for lending movies for free too? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 15 / -13

Not surprising that conservatives expose their true colors, when this issue is about small business owners being driven out by Redbox.

"Video Business reports that the Video Buyers Group, a trade organization for some 1,700 independent brick-and-mortar video stores, is prepping an ad campaign that'll paint Redbox as a threat to the film industry as we know it."

The only mention of unions in the article was this:

"Also on the attack against DVD kiosks: Gary Cook of UA Local 87, the union that represents movie studio plumbers: 'It's going to kill the industry,' Cook warned the Times."

So, perhaps tanked should change the title of this thread to: Support a small business owner ... pay more for a movie.

I love it when righties trip over themselves. LOL!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009