PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Supplemental Draft - August 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike McAdoo from UNC is the most intruiging guy to me in the supplemental draft. He's 6'7" 250lbs, is super athletic but he is RAW. He hardly played at UNC because of the depth of the defensive line, but he has some talent.

By the looks of it he got a pretty rough deal from the NCAA being ruled permanantly ineligable. He was found guilty of accepting improper benefits and was suspended for the entire season, however these benefits only totaled $110 which he repayed to charity. While Marcel Dareus accepted more than 10 times that and only got suspended for 2 games. Later he was charged with 3 counts of academic fraud, however 1 count he was found not guilty and another there was insufficient evidence. In the end he was found guilty of one count, where his tutor re-wrote his works cited-page. I'm not condoning his actions, but to me it sounds like this kid got a bad deal.

Now I wouldn't use a pick on him because we don't have any late round picks to use, but if he goes undrafted I would love to add him to the practice squad.

DE Michael McAdoo Scouting Report | Buffalo Bills Draft

Mike McAdoo from UNC is the most intruiging guy to me in the supplemental draft. He's 6'7" 250lbs, is super athletic but he is RAW. He hardly played at UNC because of the depth of the defensive line, but he has some talent.

By the looks of it he got a pretty rough deal from the NCAA being ruled permanantly ineligable. He was found guilty of accepting improper benefits and was suspended for the entire season, however these benefits only totaled $110 which he repayed to charity. While Marcel Dareus accepted more than 10 times that and only got suspended for 2 games. Later he was charged with 3 counts of academic fraud, however 1 count he was found not guilty and another there was insufficient evidence. In the end he was found guilty of one count, where his tutor re-wrote his works cited-page. I'm not condoning his actions, but to me it sounds like this kid got a bad deal.

Now I wouldn't use a pick on him because we don't have any late round picks to use, but if he goes undrafted I would love to add him to the practice squad.

DE Michael McAdoo Scouting Report | Buffalo Bills Draft

I was going to ask about him when I started the thread, the name was somewhat familiar. Thanks for the info. Also good point about our 2012 draft picks, none after the fourth, right? That assures the Pats will sit out the Sup. draft.

Last edited:
Like this kid. He could help out the pass rush and he doesn't seem like a bad kid.

As mentioned earlier, the Pats are basically OUT of the Supplemental draft unless they want to cough up a 4th rounder. You can only bid in a round in which you have a pick in next year's draft, the Pats do not have any picks later than their own fourth round pick.

As mentioned earlier, the Pats are basically OUT of the Supplemental draft unless they want to cough up a 4th rounder. You can only bid in a round in which you have a pick in next year's draft, the Pats do not have any picks later than their own fourth round pick.

This is true, but they could obviously trade someone by Monday if they have interest in someone.

Seems like a good move that they didn't grab any of these guys. They're all up for grabs now and we didn't have to lose a pick to get them.

FWIW, Mike McAdoo signs w/ Baltimore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey