PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Superbowl XLVII Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questionable playcalling. Not a single run inside the redzone.
Wouldve been a penalty of it was the Patriots defense.

If it was our defense, it would have been a touchdown.

Uhhhhh they have the best team I'm the NFC IMO :D

Id love to have the cardinals,rams, and seahwaks to play every year.
Its would be a given for NE or NO. weak division. SF will be back.

I think Randy Moss is cursed really..
To get serious, Flacco beat New Manning, Manning, Brady, semi Brady(taking job from injured...) and he did not throw a single pick.

Well what makes a QB elite? He's a superbowl mvp, his team has been in the playoffs every season since he's been a qb, he's won some games, you and I may not like him, but his accomplishments speaks for themselves.

As Matt Cassel showed at the end of 2008, teams can win because of their QBs. As he showed at the beginning of 2008, teams can win in spite of their QBs.

Still see GB right back in there....NO will be back.....SF showed alot of character tonight...but also a TON of weaknesses. I think DC will begin to figure out Kap the way they did against Vick and all the other hypermobile QB's.....Really like Kap tho and was hoping he and Randy would get a ring

QUOTE=patsinthesnow;3366837]Uhhhhh they have the best team I'm the NFC IMO :D[/QUOTE]

Joe Flacco is a Super Bowl MVP

I'm about to vomit my chicken wings

omg no please ray dont me puke

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of seeing teams I dislike winning the Super Bowl. No poetic justice in this one especially.

I think Randy Moss is cursed really..
To get serious, Flacco beat New Manning, Manning, Brady, semi Brady(taking job from injured...) and he did not throw a single pick.

And that is why the man has to be considered a Elite QB now.....he is very similiar to ELi.....can be streaky....But in the big games...the guy is generally clutch/money and gets the job done......I mean he did his job last year against us...WR dropped a TD in the EZ..PK missed the layup....The guy is good....Hate the fokkin ratbird bastids....but the guy has won a SB now....

WE WILL All REMEMBER THIS DAY IN A FEW YEARS WHEN SUGGS AND LEWIS SIT DOWN WITH OPRAH AND CONFESS TO ROIDS/HGH :rofl:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of seeing teams I dislike winning the Super Bowl. No poetic justice in this one especially.

I know and the phony will be on TV all the time next year

I have already moved on to next year. While this was not the desired outcome for me, no outcome other than the Pats
winning it all is truly satisfying. Although seeing the Peyton and then the Steelers lose in consecutive years was a nice consolation prize.

exactly what i was thinking mate................ Imagine what the family of the two murdered victims must be feeling watching ray lewis dance like a BALLERINA ..... no justice in the NFL..

There seems to be some justice in baseball though with A-FRAUD getting busted etc... but not in the NBA and the NEW NBA i.e NFL

Same, although it is difficult seeing as I dislike all 31 other teams...

This time next year there will be a big party in New England :singing:

Dont worry danny, his past will come back to haunt him in about a year when he becomes just another washed up ex-nfl player.

Dont even think the mediots will take him in...something about past criminal activity on his record....
He already has a job at ESPN.

So since Ray Lewis now done with football, what will he do now?

Personally, I think it wouldn't be a bad option for him to go down to Georgia and play a zombie on the Walking Dead. The irony would be delicious >_>

No, I kid. It was a good 30 minutes of football.

Hey....got to give it to the guy....He won (and teammates) when he had the opportunity to do so....Tom has had TWO SB's to get it done within the past 5 years and he and team could not get it done. Have no problem having people say Flaccid is elite now...same as I have no issues with them saying it about Eli. Why? They get it done when it counts....and they are clutch in the BIG games. Tom has to prove that he is still that BIG game QB...when it counts and ALL the chips are on the table....Unfortuneatly, I do not think he is THAT guy anymore. Legendary QB for us.....and one of the greatest of all time....But unfortuneatly, just feel that he has won his last SB (04') in NE.....

Flacco's post season performance this NFL season has been better than anything Brady has done in the post season, with the possible exception of 2004...Flacco was just sublime today and made the plays when he had to and his receivers caught the ball when they had to...it'd be nice to see that back in Foxboro instead of key dropped third down passes and multiple interception/turnover games from our QB in the post season

Same, although it is difficult seeing as I dislike all 31 other teams...

This time next year there will be a big party in New England :singing:

I hope so. Not holding my breath though. We seem to have become good at shooting ourselves in the foot in the playoffs since 05.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes