PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Superbowl refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat middle of the road. Higher on holding calls and and pass interference. Lower on illegal contact. Not a great combination for our cause.

My GF knows referee DiFilice #53 personally out here in SD, and she says he's really bummed because his crew was up for the SB this year but he sprained his ankle and couldn't go. So maybe they replaced him? Kept the crew? All new crew? None of the above? All crap?

Anyway her details are sketchy, take as is for now. I'll try to get more info.

These are all star crews assembled from the supposed highest rated crews of the season. Not sure whether it's a good or bad thing that these guys get shaken and stirred, although maybe that is what they should do in season, too, so that crews don't develop group think trends. There are also backups in place on site and I believe the backup ref is the one from the AFCC.

There is some talk that after this post season they will begin to seriously look at shifting these guys over time to full time. Talking about starting with 10 refs. Possibly as some of the oldest or worst bow out. There is plenty to do to keep these guys busy in the off season. They could help write better, clearer and more uniform rules, they could work OTA's and rookie camps and mini camps and they could attend more classes as a group to insure they all call the same game.

And Mr. 4th and 2, and did not make it?

They didn't make it. Maybe, MAYBE if Faulk hadn't double-clutched, but he did, and they didn't make it.

Last edited:
As previous poster mentioned; this is an all-star crew. So it is not the whole group who made ____ fill in the blank bad call.

Between the only two names i recognized (Parry & Steratore) they are both good refs I think or at least they called I thought good conservative games.

So I am hopeful.

As long as we dont get some nfl slash job like the seahags got versus the squeelers and they only make honest mistakes and they balance out....MHK should put in a good word for us and send the rest of the good karma our way.

i wanted Gene Steratore, he didn't overturn that gronk TD in the Denver game and became my favorite ref.

Bad crew. Don't like the dude at all. I would have much preferred Gene Steratore, who did the Broncos playoff game.

Are you sure its the crew and not just him and the highest rated official at each position regardless of which crew they were on???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes