PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Superbowl Opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
If the Patriots were to make it to the Superbowl, and you could pick the team they played, who would it be?

Obviously the team has to be from the NFC. And it can be any team, regardless of how bad they are in reality.

I think I would pick the Saints. I kind of like how they are such a bad franchise historically but seem to be turning things around.

I'm gonna go with the Eagles. I see them as sort of like the Steelers where last year was more of a Mulligan, the core of the team is still there and they'll be much better then last year's record suggests. Despite them picking a QB in the 2nd round, I think selecting Hunt and other offseason moves have really improved their team.

I'd have to go with the Bears or Packers. Either one would do.

I'd have to go with the Bears or Packers. Either one would do.

Revenge for Super Bowls XX and XXXI respectively? ;)

Honestly should the Pats make it to the SB this year, I sure hope Chicago has the chance to make it there again as NFC champs. Packers? Well, that would be considered as one of the NFL miracle stories should they even the reach the SB.

BTW its still frustrating to know that Chicago made it last year and knowing how close the Pats came to meeting them last February. We'll never know if that NE-Chicago SB matchup will ever come again...

Last edited:
Revenge for Super Bowls XX and XXXI respectively? ;)

Honestly should the Pats make it to the SB this year, I sure hope Chicago has the chance to make it there again as NFC champs. Packers? Well, that would be considered as one of the NFL miracle stories should they even the reach the SB.

Yeah-buddy. :rocker:

I am not saying the Packers are going to make it (I know they won't) but the original post said something like... any team in the NFC regardless of how bad they have been lately.

Last edited:
37Harrison: I understand. I too would love Green Bay to make it to the SB, while Favre is still there (he has to be the last player remaining from that SBXXXI team?), just to prove our team can beat him in the Big Game after all. Too bad practically no one on the GB coaching staff is there anymore (correct me if I'm wrong).

But yeah, Chicago has the more realistic shot of winning the NFC when compared to GB.

Honestly, what longtime Pats fan wouldn't want either GB or Chicago to be there??? At least that next championship would feel more worthwhile and at the same time getting even with that other team that beat you in that last SB matchup. If its any NFC representative other than the Bears and Packers, it doesn't do much for me.

I really don't care. I'd just love for them to make (and by default win) the superbowl. It's been a tough two years :).

First Choice....

Destroy the Seahags.

Second Choice

Destroy the Bears.

Would have been the Cowboys if Parcells were still there. Would love to beat Holmgren & Branch but I don't want them to make it to the SB. Probably GB or maybe Philly again.

Do you think if the Colts and Patriots had been in different conferences the past few years (and future few), they would be the only Superbowl teams?

Have there ever been two Superbowls in a row with the same teams?

Dallas or New Orleans, those teams would hype the game big time.

Would have been the Cowboys if Parcells were still there. Would love to beat Holmgren & Branch but I don't want them to make it to the SB. Probably GB or maybe Philly again.

I would be OK with the Seahawks making the Superbowl because that would mean the 49ers would probably have a worse record. But I do share the same dislike for the Seahawks as you do. I can't stand Holmgren and we all know about Meion.

On a side not, I would love for Marshall Faulk to come out of retirement and for us to play the Rams. I wanna beat that whiny ***** again.

Most definately I dont want New Orleans in the superbowl.....

Yuck the katrina ********* would be nauseating....:bricks:

Do you think if the Colts and Patriots had been in different conferences the past few years (and future few), they would be the only Superbowl teams?

Have there ever been two Superbowls in a row with the same teams?

Dallas and Buffalo in the 90's played in two straight super bowls.

I say the big 3 in the NFC is between Dallas, New Orleans and Philly, which isn't saying much.

If we didn't have their pick, I'd want to face the 9ers in the super bowl. A team with a lot of tradition. Plus the Brady-Montana comparisons would start up again.

First Choice....

Destroy the Seahags.

Second Choice

Destroy the Bears.

Total agreement here, living in WA state, my family and friends are all nerdy Seahawk fans. That would shut them up FOREVER. :rocker:

As long as it's not SF I'd be content with beating anybody. :D

Like others have said a massive beat-down of the BEARS

I would want to play a team that has not been to the Superbowl ever or at least in decades. I think there are two types of Super Bowl teams. The "just happy to be there teams" and the "this is a business trip" teams. Obviously the Pats have been on three business trips in this era.

Last year you could tell that Chicago was just happy to be at the Super Bowl and did not have a chance to win. I would be afraid of them coming back this year hungrier and less prone to the SB week hype and distractions. Same with Philly, who after 4 trips to the NFC championship seemed to forget they had one more game to play. Seattle also seemed to suffer from this ailment. Of the NFC contenders, it seems like New Orleans would probably be the most likley "happy to be there team"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes