Welcome to PatsFans.com

SuperBowl MOVES: trade up and get both WR Cordarelle Patterson and DB Xavier Rhodes

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by bbell31, Feb 19, 2013.

1. bbell31

bbell31 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 10 / -3

#11 Jersey

We should resign Arrington, Edelman, Woodhead, Franchise Vollmer if no long term deal is done and somehow trade up and get both Cordarelle Patterson wr and Xavier Rhodes cb/s both in the 1st round. This team would basically be complete with these transactions. Think about it and start campaigning. thx:)
  2. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 8 / -1

After someone figures out how to trade up for Patterson and still have a first for Rhodes, please give me Kate Upton's number. I could use a date.
  3. manxman2601

manxman2601 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +481 / 7 / -2

#24 Jersey

Yup. If we trade every pick we had, assuming the traditional trade chart is right, we get to #12 only - and even that might not be high enough for Patterson. Heck, if Rhodes runs sub 4.5, it might not be high enough for him (remember Stephon Gilmore @ #9).

To the OP.

I'm afraid you are engaging in wishful thinking on this one.
  4. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +321 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

Funny you say that. Especially after Mayock said yesterday that he only has 1 CB rated as a 1st rounder. Though, Mayock did cover himself by saying a lot is going to depend on how these kids run.

I don't see Rhodes going top 15. Same with Banks.. But I do think there will be a run on CBs late in the 1st round.
  5. FredFromDartmouth

FredFromDartmouth Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 5 / -0

Re: SuperBowl MOVES: trade up and get both WR Cordarelle Patterson and DB Xavier Rhod

Is this statement by Mayock still "operational" (as Nixon said)? Only one CB in the first?
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Re: SuperBowl MOVES: trade up and get both WR Cordarelle Patterson and DB Xavier Rhod

Patterson is more likely to make it to #29 than to go at #12. There's a lot of talk that he may slip to the second round. That said, even if he did make it to #29, first I don't think we would take him and second we still wouldn't be able to trade up for Rhodes.
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Milliner will go top ten, Rhodes willl likely go top twenty, and a ton of guys will go between 25 and 45. Mayock may have only 1 CB as a first rounder but CB are like QB, they go higher than they may be ranked.

I don't know what Mayock's meaning there is, he now has Hayden over Milliner so does he not have Milliner as a #1 pick ? That sounds . . . not right.
  8. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -0

You lost me at "up."
  9. FredFromDartmouth

FredFromDartmouth Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 5 / -0

Here is an explanation of Hayden's rise:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...den-rises-to-mike-mayocks-top-corner-in-draft
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Obviously it isn't. I know I could have looked at the date but bumping this thread from February kind of sucks.