PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Superbowl Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gostkowski for 3

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
A few days ago NESN reported that the Patriots would wear the MHK on the superbowl jerseys, and also the superbowl shield. If this is true, howcome I can not find an authentic patriots superbowl jersey even on NFL.com? Anyone know if this information is correct and if there is any place to buy a legitimate patriots superbowl jersey?

A few days ago NESN reported that the Patriots would wear the MHK on the superbowl jerseys, and also the superbowl shield. If this is true, howcome I can not find an authentic patriots superbowl jersey even on NFL.com? Anyone know if this information is correct and if there is any place to buy a legitimate patriots superbowl jersey?

The Pro shop and Modells I believe has the SB Jerseys with the SB logo,but there is no place to get the 2 patches together......you might have to purchase an MHK patch and sew it on yourself or have a tailor or sports shop that specializes in uniforms do it for you.

I'd advise against buying any jerseys from NFL.com until Nike takes over the apparel license in April. Reebok stopped making jerseys months ago, so what is being sold on NFL.com isn't by Reebok or Nike. I don't know who is producing them (they are being called "Pro-Line") but the quality is apparently poor and the jerseys aren't completely accurate either.

Secondly, the Super Bowl jerseys for the Patriots are only available in white, which makes no sense because they are wearing navy for the game. Darren Rovell of CNBC says this is due to shortages and the expiring Reebok deal:

Due to Reebok's expiring deal, there are NFL jersey shortages. The NFL will only offer Super Bowl jerseys in white.
Twitter

Here is the link for the Pro-Line Super Bowl jerseys:
New England Patriots Jersey - Patriots Super Bowl Jerseys (XLVI), Authentic, Throwback & Replica Jersey

As you can see, only the white ones have the Super Bowl logo on them. The collar is also wrong (it should be navy and silver) and the striping down the sides is missing. Also, the wrong Super Bowl logo is used. What is shown on the NFL.com jerseys is using the regional logo (it has Lucas Oil Stadium in it); the actual uniforms will be using the national logo (no stadium):

di-TZOL.jpg

A guy at another board I post at ordered a Pro-Line Gronkowski jersey and is returning it immediately. The shoulder numbers and lettering is screened on and the front/back numbers are weakly pressed-on. He said the quality is way worse than the replicas Reebok was making.

tl;dr Reebok's expiring apparel contract means Pats and Giants fans get dinked over on Super Bowl jerseys this year. Don't waste $90 on these low quality "Pro-Line" jerseys.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys. I did see some with the superbowl logo on the wrong side. Very disapointing that the public can't have access to these jerseys one way or another. This is 2012! And Danny, where did you get that photo from? That jersey looks great, and I wouldn't mind having one of AH #81

Every year nfl shop sells super bowl jerseys with the patch and gets new stock right before the game. However with reeboks contract expiring we get nothing this time.

The jerseys in the link above look like the $40 replicas with the SB patch on them. You're better off going to Jerseys from China or whatnot and buying your stuff there. At least you can get the blue jersey and I guess they're tossing in the SB46 patch for free.

Gronkowski - Patriots Home Jersey

Crazy cheap, which weirds me out a bit, but there you go.

$25 shipping is a bit steep however, but still pretty good deal.

And Danny, where did you get that photo from? That jersey looks great, and I wouldn't mind having one of AH #81
McCourty posted that picture on his Facebook page last week:
check out the Fresh... | Facebook

For SB45 the Steelers and Packers had iron-on patches instead of the sewn on ones like in years past:
http://www.packers.com/media-center...Prepared/643ac611-47ee-4c7a-a382-c138a08c605c

It's the same this year (iron-on). You can find Super Bowl 46 patches on eBay, but all I've seen so far is the embroidered version that aren't being used.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots