PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Superbowl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even get me started. That thought goes through my mind everytime I see Holmes play. Heck there are WRs drafted in the later rounds of that draft that were more productive than Jackson. :mad:

Holmes was a 1st Round Pick. We took Maroney 4 spots ahead of him. In our defense, Holmes had character issues.

I hate this time of the year no football....

Not that it matters at this point, but the league should investigate at least two of the refs from tonight for any allegiances to the Steelers

Fixed your post for you. :D

How much did Roethlisberger climb this ladder?

Brady
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Peyton Manning
-
-
-
-Roethlisberger

2 superbowls for roeth totally over-rated. hate the steelers.

If a Pats player caught the SB winning score and used the ball like a salt shaker, there would be cries to overturn the game...

Last edited:
If a Pats player caught the SB winning score and used the ball like a dalt shaker, thee would be cries to overturn the game...

I think it was the chalk dust thing, like Lebron James does.

Post edited...:eek:

The Lebon chalk thing was definitely a penalty. A billion people saw it, and no call. It wasn't the worst that the refs did tonight though, they have many to choose from that were so biased

The Lebon chalk thing was definitely a penalty. A billion people saw it, and no call. It wasn't the worst that the refs did tonight though, they have many to choose from that were so biased

Ben Watson gets flagged for putting it under his jersey as a tribute to his wife. A Pittsburgh player uses it as a prop on the stage's biggest game and not even a whiff. It shows that some refs are more alert to the rules than others.

Ben Watson gets flagged for putting it under his jersey as a tribute to his wife. A Pittsburgh player uses it as a prop on the stage's biggest game and not even a whiff. It shows that some refs are more alert to the rules than others.

... only if by "alert", you mean biased against the Pats in that game, and for the Steelers tonight

This was an incredibly crappy Super Bowl for 3 quarters, lots of penalties and lots of farts on offense. Just an embarrassment. The 4th quarter was a lot of fun, but Goodell is out of his mind if he thinks this is one of the best Super Bowls. Penalties and more penalties was not fun to watch.

How James Harrison didn't get the MVP is beyond me. Santonio Holmes made a lot of good catches, had a lot of YAC, and made a clutch catch at the end. But Harrison not only changed the whole complexion of the game with his TD INT return, he forced the Cardinals into 4 holding calls by himself, and that killed those drives. Sacks, INT reception for TD, holding calls that killed drives. If the Steelers had to do without either of these players, they'd lose tonight. But they'd lose much much worse without Harrison.

I have no idea what Arizona was thinking playing that weak defense on the long Holmes catch at the very end.

I have no idea what Arizona was thinking playing that weak defense on the long Holmes catch at the very end.

It wasn't "weak" defense as much as it was bad execution and good counters by the opposition. Holmes and Ben took advantage of the rookie with a pump move on one play, a Cardinals defender slipped on another, and the db played the ball (badly) instead of the man in the endzone while his two helpers failed to ge over in time.

I'm not praising the playcalling, but the players didn't get it done.

Terry MacAulley was going to do everything in his power to guarantee the 6th Title for the black and gold. Nice job Terry !!!!!!!!!! Can some creative person out there please photo shop Terry MacAulley weating a Steeler cap with the T-Towel in his right hand and send this to me ? I'm handy with Fireworks, not photoshop.

Sorry, had to rush, got to work Early tomorrow.

SteelersRef.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey