PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Superbowl Day Rituals/Routines .. What are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errands this morning with my BB Hoodie.. proudly displayed.

Come back to the house, will don my "Belichick University T-Shirt"... get some food ready, go to a Superbowl Party around 4:00 PM.. stay sober, monitor Patsfans.com.

Will avoid most of the talking heads today.. have had a enough, my head is in the right "fan" place.. because of this board will probably know more than anyone at the party, then the balance between "smartass" and "wisefan" will come into play..
Not watching pregame stuff anymore...just made the mistake of tuning into ESPN. They're still at it.

1. No shower today...I don't shower on game days...nothing to do with football I'm just lazy so lay on the deodorant, where my Pats long sleeve T, KTM sweatshirt outside but off for the game
2. Family only, ok one boyfriend and one fiancé can come over for the girls, but otherwise no non-pats allowed
3. As noted in another thread, Caserta's pizza flown in from RI to Denver, first time doing this so hope I don't screw it up
4. One beer at lunch
5. Watch the dirt bike races
6. No beer for me during the game, unless they are killing Seattle otherwise I wait until the game is in hand 4th quarter or after the game
7. My son has to watch upstairs n the family room, not allowed in the basement, same for daughter #2 and no one can sit in the last chair st my bar! it is banned.
8. I will not watch any pre-game shows, never do anyway and those idiots just sound like d bags.

Had to pull out the snowblower this morning to clear 8 inches of snow, it was frigin 72 last Tuesday, strange place here.

Watching it with my dad at my house. Kids will be in and out of the room. No parties, no distractions. Already feel like I'm going to puke from nerves and excitement. Gotta go do some pull-ups or something to burn off some energy.

I'm going "*&$% its still 7 more hours" and expect to say something similar continually until kickoff

I'm roasting an 18 pound turkey. Mashed potatoes. Gravy. Cranberry sauce. Went in oven just after 10 AM and should be ready by 4-4:30. Gives me something to do besides watching the haters on ESPN.

Saving a turkey leg for the post-game red-white-and-blue confetti!!

Watching it with my dad at my house. Kids will be in and out of the room. No parties, no distractions. Already feel like I'm going to puke from nerves and excitement. Gotta go do some pull-ups or something to burn off some energy.

I thought you were a runner, PJ?

I thought you were a runner, PJ?
I used to be. I switched to high intensity interval training workouts with some pull-ups thrown in to give me some "pull" exercise for my biceps and back. It's a lot faster than running and works pretty well for me. Plus I hate running in the cold and the treadmill is so friggin boring. Are you running?

Great hearing others' preparations... first time I've ever started a thread anywhere so glad folks are sharing.

Sharing moment: Went out to toss the ball with the pups. We have a flimsy stuffed Ravens football left behind by my mother in law (Ravens fan) after our loss to those **** ,,,, anyway, after about three minutes the three dogs decided it was tug of war time. The ball didn't last a minute. I've never laughed so hard while cleaning up a mess left by my dogs.. the poetic justice was just too ripe. Good pups.. they get some treats. Now I wish I had a Seahawk ball.. I'd figure out how to Youtube that one.

Lots of nervous energy right now. I hope the team feels they have something to prove.

I was going to have a few friends over, my fellow season ticket holders. However, my kids woke up this morning and started puking all over the place. Now it will just be my kids and wife, plans canceled.

No friends at family is allowed to come in my house. We do no parties or other shannanigans. Me and my wife and that is it. Last two patriot superbowls there was family/parties involved... Never again.. There is another thing I am doing . but I not gonna tell here out of fear I'll jinx it.
Ditto for me. Hosted/attended parties for the last two sb losses. Today, I'll be watching at home with my wife and kids. Changing the karma a bit I hope.

Okay, so what, 5 1/2 more hours... now I be like...

Got yoohoos for the game. We drank them back when I was a kid for SB 38 & 39, didn't have them for 42 & 46.

I used to be. I switched to high intensity interval training workouts with some pull-ups thrown in to give me some "pull" exercise for my biceps and back. It's a lot faster than running and works pretty well for me. Plus I hate running in the cold and the treadmill is so friggin boring. Are you running?

Yes, I started running in Afghanistan in 2011. I saw incredible results, I went from 220 to 180 in 5 months. Haven't looked back since, its a part of my life now. And yes, treadmill running kind of sucks, but I only do it below 20 or if the roads are snow/ice covered.

Good for you. I just remember you saying in 07 you ran before the game, that's why I asked.

Pulled out my Super Bowl coverage from the Globe - 2001, 2003, 2004 - that have been sitting in my closet.
Church in the morning.
Pulling out the playoff gear, including signed Troy Brown game jersey.

Making seahawk wings and seahawk eggs to eat. Roasted osprey wings in buffalo sauce (or you can substitute turkey wings...) and deviled eggs in hollowed avocado shells. Pulled osprey (you can substitute pork).

Watching the AFC Championship.

I got so antsy that I took two of my kids duckpin bowling just to kill some time. My 14-year-old daughter kicked my ass, but the good news is she was wearing a Brady jersey while doing it.

I'm wearing my lucky red pats t shirt. I bought it new before the season started and I only wear it on game day and only game day.

And no I didn't wear it the night of the Chiefs game, I wore it the Sunday before. So never again on that epic f up.

Also my recliner has a lucky side that I need to lean on. It changes during the game however. Once I find a spot I don't move until it loses its mojo.

Yes I'm insane.

Wearing my oldest Pats t-shirt.
Drinking Maker's Mark Bourbon.
Eating hard boiled eggs.
Watching the Walking Dead marathon.
Following twitter as a way to keep connected...ignoring the sport networks.

Wearing my oldest Pats t-shirt.
Drinking Maker's Mark Bourbon.
Eating hard boiled eggs.
Watching the Walking Dead marathon.
Following twitter as a way to keep connected...ignoring the sport networks.
Your breath must smell terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey