PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"SUPER"stitions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with superstitions, but I have none in regards to watching professional sports. I feel the same way watching the Pats no matter what I'm wearing, eating or drinking. But whatever all of you have been doing, keep doing it!;) :D

Last edited:
My group of friends pass around a bottle of Dr. Mcgillicutty's every time the Pats score a TD or FG...sometimes after a big sack or INT if they haven't scored in a while.

I drink Sam Adams on game day...and I only crack my first one at kickoff.

I don't wash my #54 jersey except when the Pats lose. Needless to say, it's pretty funky right now...and I always wear a Red Sox shirt underneath (since mid-October its been the AL Champions t-shirt).

I have been wearing my same personalized Pats Jersey all year, along with the same Pats socks,earrings, & necklace. I sit in the same chair and use the same pats beer "huggie". I go out the day before the game and buy New England beers: Sam Adams, Harpoon, Magic Hat, & Shipyard.

I call my Dad in Portland before each game for good luck also!!

I thought i was crazy with my game day routine-glad i am not alone!!!!
:)

Also we drink out of a mini Pats Mug after each TD & the Mug is kept in the same cabinet until there first score!

Last edited:
And for God sakes make sure you do it next Sunday?

The behavior in response to a superstition is not the superstition.

The superstition is one of a million different forms of fear-of-failure.

The answer to fear-of-failure is what you should look into, not a comfortable non-answer in the form of bizarre and ritual behaviors.

I know, I know, I'm no fun. Well, what did you expect - fun or a real answer?

I wear my Patriots workout pants and any old sweatshirt. I drink ONE beer per quarter (which isn't the best idea because the games usually come on at 10AM here)

I stand 3 feet from the television for almost the entire game. I HATE when other people are watching the game with me and try not to speak to anyone.

I scream obscenities a lot at the TV and mix in some hand gestures too..

Not very original, but I decided when the playoffs started I wasn't shaving until the Pats season ends. I'm starting to look like a very light (170#) member of our OL.

Growing in nicely, but I'm looking forward to getting rid of it next week...

I wear my Patriots workout pants and any old sweatshirt. I drink ONE beer per quarter (which isn't the best idea because the games usually come on at 10AM here)

I stand 3 feet from the television for almost the entire game. I HATE when other people are watching the game with me and try not to speak to anyone.

Dude, I like your style! GO GET EM!

As long as you don't dance like that Jets fan in that HDTV commercial.

My girlfriend and I each have different superstitions that we follow for games lol.. she wears her Tom Brady jersey the day before the game, but not on gameday. We dont have a set place to watch for the year but playoffs have been, and will remain this week, her place. Started reading "Let's Go Patriots" to my pre-school class this year midway and now it is required for me to read it to them every Friday, and they all cheer along with the final line of every page which is, if you hadnt guessed, "Let's Go Patriots!" I am getting them started early haha. My girlfriend also has an "Irish Forever" stone with a pot of gold on it that she holds in her right hand and she kisses it when they need a big stand or play. My biggest superstition is food related.. I have mexican food as the main meal for everygame haha. Have been all year since week 1. I usually start with mexican, tacos, burritos, or an excellent mexican casserole I make at the start of the year and go with that until they lose then switch to pizza until they lose again.. and so on.. but they havent lost this year so it has been a steady diet of mexican every sunday haha. Tio Juans Margarita's Salsa is also a requirement.. and for good luck if they are playing poorly in the 3rd or 4th quarter the good luck bringer is , strangely enough, the Red Sox line of Hood Ice Cream, specifically, Peanut Butter Nation... works everytime haha.

Last edited:
As long as you don't dance like that Jets fan in that HDTV commercial.

This reply made me laugh, the Dude on the commercial is hilarious. It kinda looks like a Ho-DOWN Dance! HA HA HA! Nice catch!

4 pack of Guiness Draught. Cans, not bottles (don't think they had bottles yet for SB XXXVI.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots