PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl XX on NFL Network (8:30 pm eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the replay last night. The whole thing was a blowout, no question, but the energy level changed a bit when Grogan came in. I wished he had started. They would have lost, I just think it may not have been as bad, they were already down by 20-3 when he came in.
Grogan should have started. He was the better QB vs. that kind of pass rush. Eason had the flu earlier in the week as well. Grogan called his own plays and you can see his smart thinking with the early WR screen he threw to slow down the pass rush. Unfortunately, any energy level he brought was dispersed when he threw that awful pick-6 to backup CB Reggie Phillips in the 3rd quarter.

Regards,
Chris

Why the eff do they keep showing this? It's on again now! Why can't they show one of our last 3 superbowls that are, you know, still relevant and not depressing?

Grogan should have started. He was the better QB vs. that kind of pass rush. Eason had the flu earlier in the week as well. Grogan called his own plays and you can see his smart thinking with the early WR screen he threw to slow down the pass rush. Unfortunately, any energy level he brought was dispersed when he threw that awful pick-6 to backup CB Reggie Phillips in the 3rd quarter.

Regards,
Chris

They hadn't gained any positive yardage when Grogan came in, and then they get a first down on his first series. Yes he hurt them, but not as much as what happened prior to his coming in. Andy Johnson fumbling deep in his own territory as he was thrown around like a rag doll by Richard Dent didn't help either.

God that was awful.

...but anyway we should also credit Tony Eason if we arrived there...

and he had overall two awesome seasons

concerning the Super Bowl XX: ok...it was a massacre...no doubt...it was the first FULL game i was able to see...i was happy (very happy) when Tony Franklyn made 3-0...but then...

I just looked up the stats for Eason in the 3 playoff games. Not remarkable but managed the game. He didnt turn the ball over which helped a lot.

vs NYJ 12/16 for 179 1 TD 0 Ints
vs LA 7/14 for 117 1 TD 0 Int's
vs Mia 10/12 for 71 yds 3 TD 0 Ints.

Against Miami the running game was 59/255.

I credit the ball hawking special teams and defense causing 16 turnovers those three games. While the Pats turned it over only 4 times.

Why the eff do they keep showing this? It's on again now! Why can't they show one of our last 3 superbowls that are, you know, still relevant and not depressing?

To appease the haters.

The outcome Sucked.

But the Ride was great. That was a great year to be a pats fan.

But those 85 Bears were the best team ever assembled.

Until Now.

I just looked up the stats for Eason in the 3 playoff games. Not remarkable but managed the game. He didnt turn the ball over which helped a lot.

vs NYJ 12/16 for 179 1 TD 0 Ints
vs LA 7/14 for 117 1 TD 0 Int's
vs Mia 10/12 for 71 yds 3 TD 0 Ints.

Against Miami the running game was 59/255.

I credit the ball hawking special teams and defense causing 16 turnovers those three games. While the Pats turned it over only 4 times.

and looking Tony Eason on those 3 years...:

1984 3228 yards rating 89,2
1985 2156 yards
1986 3328 yards (23 td) rating 93,4

let's say he made 2 very good years with us

he could have done more as we know as he was very very talented

still i respect him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back