PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see what this flood of NFL tickets does today and tomorrow
IF that flood happens, it was speculation from a broker that probably stands to lose half a million if it deosn't happen. I'd be speculating about a golden goose if I was him too.

Yet another article:
Over the past weekend, the supply on ticket sites suddenly dwindled.

"A consolidation of supply this year has led to a handful of sellers being able to manipulate the market and make it nearly impossible for last-minute fans to go to the game," StubHub spokesman Glenn Lehrman said.

So on Sunday, brokers who still hadn't purchased their tickets, started buying tickets at more than $5,000 apiece, losing as much as $3,000 a seat just to save the integrity of their businesses, according to those on the buying and selling side, who spoke anonymously.

The alleged collusion between brokers also squeezed the websites that make up the ticket marketplace. Sites like StubHub guarantee that tickets sold will be delivered, so the company started buying tickets to protect itself from people who sold tickets but didn't appear to have the ability to actually deliver them, sources told ESPN.
Source

Yet another article:

Source

From your article:

The most famous case of a short market was the 1997 Masters. That's when Allen Caldwell, who owned an establishment across from Augusta National, committed suicide after he couldn't fulfill the badges he sold when prices climbed too high. Some four-day badges that year were selling for more than $11,000 each, as fans clamored to see a young Tiger Woods win his first green jacket.

I'm wondering if we could see a rash of ticket broker suicides this year.

The SB prices that are being asked for right now are insane. If I was trying to get into the game on Sunday, I'd stand outside the stadium until game time. and if I couldn't get something for less than 2 grand, I'd make my way to the nearest TV.

So the takeaway from the ESPN article is that the prices won't drop significantly?

I wonder if since we are seeing such a high rise in tickets right now that it's just going to crash significantly over the next day or so as hard tickets become distributed...

Kinda like the housing/stock market in 2008 lol

They are gonna drop.. They always do

Do you have faith that there will be more tickets available? Where have you been checking, stub hub has under 200 right now..

From your article:

The most famous case of a short market was the 1997 Masters. That's when Allen Caldwell, who owned an establishment across from Augusta National, committed suicide after he couldn't fulfill the badges he sold when prices climbed too high. Some four-day badges that year were selling for more than $11,000 each, as fans clamored to see a young Tiger Woods win his first green jacket.

I'm wondering if we could see a rash of ticket broker suicides this year.

The SB prices that are being asked for right now are insane. If I was trying to get into the game on Sunday, I'd stand outside the stadium until game time. and if I couldn't get something for less than 2 grand, I'd make my way to the nearest TV.

I mean.. $10,000 for nose bleeds now?? I'm literally going to be standing in front of stadium 2 hours before the game to get tix

I like how it's all over the news now and that's gonna scare people from going to the game... Good for me

They will drop but 3k will seem like a bargain at these prices.

Never seen this before and Ive been to 4 SBs.
They will drop but 3k will seem like a bargain at these prices.

Never seen this before and Ive been to 4 SBs.

3K would be good for me... I think ill be getting them lower though as desperate brokers try to make money

Where exactly can I find a broker on sunday? Are you guys just going to stand outside the stadium and try finding them?

Stub hub starting to add tickets, prices are dropping. Dont give in guys!!!! get your moneys worth!

Near the stubhub tent
Thanks man,

Guess i'll be hanging out around there.

I'm noticing the tickets always get back to 200, I think StubHub is withholding inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes