Super Bowl revenge !

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
with whom would you like to make a Super Bowl revenge between Bears and Packers ?

i'm divided...but...ok: Chicago !

i really would like a huge payback...as i have not yet able to forget 1985 massacre...

but GB is near too (on that game i thought we could have won...)

That's good you picked the Bears, because the Packers won't be going back any time soon. :D

italianpatthepatriot said:
with whom would you like to make a Super Bowl revenge between Bears and Packers ?

i really would like a huge payback...as i have not yet able to forget 1985 massacre...

The Bears broke my heart early in that game and I really would love a chance ot even that score. But I have to say.....sitting there in N.O. after watching the Patriots draw to within 6 points following an impressive drive with a great run by Curtis Martin, only to have AV kick it right to Howard AGAIN (I will never forgive Parcells for that blunder) and then AV missed the tackle that would have kept us in it was one of the lowest of lows I have ever felt.

I would love a shot at both of these teams as it appears we have pretty much evened the score with all of our old nemisis.

We got back at Pittsburgh - repeatedly

We certainly avenged 1976 with the Raiders.

Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Colts, Jags, Eagles, Cowboys, Giants and Titans have all been left in the dust inhaling Patriot gas left in our wake. Poor poor Manning wil never live to see the day when he beats us, just will not happen.

We have taken care of the Broncos a few times but we do owe them a big one after last year. Beating them in AFC Championship gamewill be most satisfying this year.

Then, I guess it can only be the Bears this year...I agree with Pats1.

Uhh...we got back at the Bears if I recall, in Foxboro, 2002, Patten catches a reviewed game winning touchdown catch.

I guess Chicago. I didn't start watching football until the year after though. The team I would love to see us beat the most (in playoffs) is Denver. I have always seen them as a bogey team and this year was just another example of that.

fgssand said:
But I have to say.....sitting there in N.O. after watching the Patriots draw to within 6 points following an impressive drive with a great run by Curtis Martin, only to have AV kick it right to Howard AGAIN (I will never forgive Parcells for that blunder) and then AV missed the tackle that would have kept us in it was one of the lowest of lows I have ever felt.

AV missed the tackle because he was blocked in the back, which the referees so conveniently missed.

Kdo5 said:
Uhh...we got back at the Bears if I recall, in Foxboro, 2002, Patten catches a reviewed game winning touchdown catch.

Actually, we got back at them (if you want to look at it that way) in 1988 when Doug Flutie threw four touchdown passes leading the Pats to a 30-7 rout in Foxboro.

Kdo5 said:

Close enough. The game was in Chicago (but at the U. of Illinois). It was actually an interception thrown by Brady a few plays before the Patten touchdown that was reviewed and reversed.

pats1 said:
Close enough. The game was in Chicago (but at the U. of Illinois). It was actually an interception thrown by Brady a few plays before the Patten touchdown that was reviewed and reversed.

Beating them in the regular season does not do it. Need to trounce them in a Superbowl.....much sweeter.

Last edited:
Coast2CoastPatsFan said:
AV missed the tackle because he was blocked in the back, which the referees so conveniently missed.

I used to think that up until about three months ago....now, he missed the tackle and blew it....:bricks:

Living 30 miles from Chicago I can definitely say i'd love to see us play the Bears and beat them..... I don't know what i would do for the game since 99% of my friends are Bears fans... If we all go out to a bar and the bears win ill never hear the end of it and probably take a dive in front of traffic, and if they lose id probably get my ass kicked cuz im wearing a Ben Coates jersey. But it'd all be worth it

You should see how all these morons talk, i witness it first hand. They STILL talk about 85' all the time. And if i start talking about Brady (they are very jealous of him and its obvious), they just say "well what happened in 1985" or some stupid random comment about Ditka.

Till this day my buddy still says that Brady wears a glove on one hand and copied it off of McMahon.

Bears fans are insane, but they are good fans.

fgssand said:
Beating them in the regular season does not do it. Need to trounce them in a Superbowl.....much sweeter.

correct !

a revenge in a Super Bowl is totally different and i hope one day we will give CHI the due payback

Last edited by a moderator:
correct !

a revenge in a Super Bowl is totally different and i hope one day we will give CHI the due payback

Why aren't you in the streets celebrating that other game of "football"??

Congrats to Italy and what an awesome game!!!

As fanatic a Patriots fan as I am AND as much as I love to hold a grudge, I have no thoughts about beating either the Packers or Bears in the SB.

Now, the Giants, that is another story. I've hated them even before there was a Patriots team.

So, my wet dream SB is, that we play the Giants and put a beating on them that will eclipse any other beating that any team has been given in SB history.:rocker:

Other than that, I have no strong opinion on this.

pats1 said:
That's good you picked the Bears, because the Packers won't be going back any time soon. :D

Neither will the Bears. The only reason they will make it back to the playoffs this year is because of how sorry that division is. Bears win the North with 9 wins.

Can you say jinx?

I've been to two Super Bowls - yup, you guessed 'em, XX and XXI. Any revenge (if I can even call it that now) would be aimed at the Bears. Chicago shell-shocked us Pats fans in '86. We had no idea what hit us. I was left sitting in the upper deck of the Super Dome, stupid Patriots headband on my head, "Piss on Chicago" pin on my shirt, and a blank expression on my face.

As for the Packers, my ire was more directed toward Desmond Howard and his egotistical chest-thumping rather than the team as a whole. So, of the two, I'd pick Chicago as the team I'd want the Pats to beat

One other thing, if I were to guess which team has a better chance of returning to the ring in 2006 - I'd go with Green Bay over Chicago. Can you say swan-song? I have no faith in the Bears quarterbacks (and little belief in their offense as a whole). Just my 2 cents.

fgssand said:
Why aren't you in the streets celebrating that other game of "football"??

Congrats to Italy and what an awesome game!!!

thks fgssand ! a very good game playied from Italy, i agree.

cannavaro is like bruschi

The answer is .............GREEN BAY...We could have, should have, and would have beaten them if the team was properly prepared.

The Bears...forget about it. They were just a great team.

The beat down of the Bears by Flutie & Co. was great. I won bets with Bears fans at college. The Pats also knocked that overated loudmouth McMann out of the game too. A great moment for the Pats in an otherwise disapointing season.

Revenge against the Packers would actually have to come against Parcells. He is the reason we lost that game. BG had a great column about this last year.

So my vote is for a Pats-Cowboys SB.

thks fgssand ! a very good game playied from Italy, i agree.

cannavaro is like bruschi

Anybody but the French, PLEASE, Go Italia!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey