PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl Party Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
To make a game more interesting and keep everyone at a Super Bowl (or other football) party we like to play small-stake pools. I know that scoring grids are the universal super bowl pool but I’ve never found much entertainment value in it. You feel pretty stupid cheering for an 8 and a 6, or at least I do.

Here’s a game we play when we attend our alma mater college games but works just as well for watching with a small group at home or in a bar.

Everyone drops $1 in a cup or hat
One person holds the cup for one offensive play of the team we are rooting for. Cup does not move when team is on defense.
During that particular play the following can happen:
Win $1 for a completed pass or a first down (still just $1 even if both happen)
Win half the pot for a field goal or other non-TD score
Win the whole pot when a TD is scored
Pay $1 if none of the above happen and $2 if they commit a turnover

So you pass the cup after paying or collecting on each play and everyone antes up again after a TD or whenever the pot goes to zero. At the end of the game the person holding the cup on the last offensive snap collects the final pot.

At the Super Bowl party we are going to be at we’ll have people rooting for both sides so I’m thinking of trying another game I just thought of.

Say you have 15 people and again everyone starts by putting in $1. Everyone draws for #s 0 – 14. The # you draw represents the minute of the quarter in which you win if there is a score by either team (14 is the first minute and 0 is the last 60 seconds of the quarter). Example: Steelers score a TD at the 8:15 mark of the first quarter, the person with #8 would win the pot and everyone antes up again. Any non-TD score (FG, safety or drop kick) would win half the pot. If a turnover of any kind (fumble, interception, punt, missed FG) occurs during your minute then you add a buck.

The person with #0 would have an advantage since scores in the last minute of both halves are more common than other minutes of the game so it actually works better to have less than 15 people so that you can continue rotating #s. Alternatively you could re-draw #s every quarter.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions regarding these games or know of others that work well. We play similar games for baseball too but I won’t get into that right now.

cool post.... i pass out this sheet and we usually have about 25 entries

Super Bowl XL Prop Bets

Name___________________

$5 to play. Circle one answer for each question. If you answer correctly, you get the number of points that are in the parentheses after the answer.

Check box
if correct
1. Coin Flip will be: Heads (10) Tails (10)
2. 1st Commercial after coin flip: Not Bud (5) Budweiser (6)

3. First score in game: Odd-numbered player (8) Even-numbered (13)
4. 1st First down of 2nd quarter: Seattle (10) Pitt 10)
5. Total completions in 1st half: Odd (10) Even (10)
6. Anyone score in last 2 mins of 1st half? Yes (7) No (15)

7. Any lead change in 2nd half? No (7) Yes (15)
8. 1st time out in 2nd half: Seattle (10) Pitt (10)
9. Total 2nd half FG’s will be: Even (9) Odd (10)
10. Total 2nd half turnovers? Even (9) Odd (11)

11. Last score: TD (8) FG or safety (13)
12. Last Score: Pitt (10) Seattle (11)
13. Total score: Under 54.5 (5) Over 54.5 (13)
14. 1st team to score wins? Yes (7) No (13)
15. The MVP will be: Not a QB (9) a QB (10)

16. Final score (Circle only one)
Seattle Seahawks win by 1-3 Points (14)
Seattle Seahawks win by 4-6 Points (18)
Seattle Seahawks win by 7-10 Points (16)
Seattle Seahawks win by 11-13 Points (26)
Seattle Seahawks win by 14-17 Points (24)
Seattle Seahawks win by 18-21 Points (44)
Seahawks win by 22 or more Points (36)
Pittsburgh Steelers win by 1-3 Points (10)
Pittsburgh Steelers win by 4-6 Points (14)
Steelers win by 7-10 Points (10)
Steelers win by 11-13 Points (20)
Pittsburgh Steelers win by 14-17 Pts (14)
Steelers win by 18-21 Points (22)
Steelers win by 22 or more Points (14)

Payout

All money is paid out:

1st place 80%, 2nd place 20%

For me, it seems the drunker you get the stupider the games become

Aside from the old standard "bobbing for clamcakes" one of my favorite drinking games from college was "Butt in the mouth"

All you need is some relatively fresh cigarette butts from an ashtray. In an odd twist on russian roulette, each participant sits about 5 or 6 feet away and gets to take a shot at tossing a cigarette "butt in the mouth" into the gaping open mouth of his opponent.

No flinching, or moving is allowed, with one required to keep one's mouth fully wide open during one's turn as the target (I suggest keeping one's eyes closed).

Its a high risk high reward game, but the expression on the losing participant's face when he actually gets a "butt in the mouth" is both classic, hilarious, and will live on in your memory for eternity.

The prop bets point system is a great idea.

No such thing as too much going on for the Super Bowl so we might have to throw that one in too.

How about drinking games? Take a shot every time _______________

SoCal Bong said:
The prop bets point system is a great idea.

No such thing as too much going on for the Super Bowl so we might have to throw that one in too.

How about drinking games? Take a shot every time _______________

Take a shot everytime Cowher grimaces?

Too many shots?

Take a shot everytime Cowher lets spit fling out of his mouth when shouting?

Still too many shots?

Try taking a shot everytime Bettis does his annoying "Angry Monkey Dance" after a 12+ yard run.

One I would NOT suggest: Take a shot everytime Pittsburgh runs the ball.

A possible good one: Take a shot everytime the announcers call it a blitz when it's not a blitz. They do this quite often when watching the Steelers defense.

Take a shot everytime the announcers talk about Polomalu's hair.

Can you tell that I know more about the AFC teams than Seattle? Holy crap I can't even think of one thing about Seattle to take a shot to.

another: take a shot everytime the announcers gush about Big Ben's second year development.

alternatively, if ben blows it - take a shot everytime the announcers chalk his poor play up to second year SB jitters yet still manage to comment on his development.

a seattle one - take a shot every snap that Hasselbeck is bald. Oops!

Games

I have always prefered "I drink, You drink"

One of my all time favorites...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes