PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 50 Poll: Broncos or Panthers?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is Winning Super Bowl 50

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given your error rate on predictions you've made over the years, your posts shouldn't (and aren't by most people) be taken too seriously. But you already knew that.

In the AFCCG, changing the outcome of either play swings the game in NE's favor based on the flow of the game, and quantitatively, their in-game win probability would have vastly increased (and would have outweighed Denver's.)
I don't know about Deus' "error rate on predictions," but he's right. And, by, my count, I came in third in Alamo's contest this year, four points behind the winner (that's an average of 0.2 points per game over 17 games). So, I think I have a pretty good feel for this team and how it performed this year. And...if you go back to the pre-season prediction thread, you'd find that I predicted they'd end up at...drum roll...12--4. So, don't try to tell me that I don't know how to assess this team.

Last edited:
Given your error rate on predictions you've made over the years, your posts shouldn't (and aren't by most people) be taken too seriously. But you already knew that.

In the AFCCG, changing the outcome of either play swings the game in NE's favor based on the flow of the game, and quantitatively, their in-game win probability would have vastly increased (and would have outweighed Denver's.)

Feel free to go try compiling my error rate, slick. I'm pretty damned good at predictions. Hell, there's a season where I did a list of predictions and kept coming back to it in the thread, marking off where I got them wrong and right, just to show that I don't mind being put to the test. Go check it out.

And, your AFCCG claims continue to be speculative at best, and idiotic at worst.

I don't have to start any countdown or start preparing for SB51 because I won't be playing in it.

The better team loses on occasion. It's part of football. I have gotten over it, but that fact won't change.
I really don't understand that kind of thinking. There is no way that I would respect the view of someone who said that their team was "better than" the Pats if we beat them twice in a season.
We had two shots at them and we lost both times.
End of story.

What happened, happened. The Patriots, after starting 10-0, finished the season going 3-5, including the playoffs. The Broncos, meanwhile, have won 4 straight, and are 7-2 in their last 9 games, again including the playoffs.

Denver was the better team.

I agree, but you will never get his point across. Being the better team is irrelevant. Being the team that won, and the team that is still breathing, is all that matters. History is filled with "the better team" watching the playoffs and SB from their couches. I'd rather be the winning team than the better team, whatever that means exactly.

Super Bowl 50 Poll: Broncos or Panthers?

Who do I think will win?
Carolina.

Who do I want to win?
The Meteor.

I think everyone here is familiar enough with the over-the-top homers that comprise the Denver media, the typical Bronco fan that makes Indy fans appear intelligent and unbiased in comparison, the Bronco players that couldn't stop yapping, and of course all things Peyton Manning.

However, no NFC team and fanbase (with the exception of the Rams) has been as fixated with the Patriots and the whole baseless cheaterz phenomenon as Carolina. Even the most jaded fans of any metropolitan area - Philly fans - are nowhere near as obsessed with the Pats as Panther fans are.

So which is the lesser of two evils?

I suppose I'll side with Carolina. Their fans have a bit more of an excuse: they are in an area where college basketball and stock car racing dominates the sports landscape. Their team has only been in existence for twenty years, and this is just the sixth time their team has had a winning season. Their team is in a division where rivalries are still in the infant stages, thanks to being comprised of relatively new franchises that have had a history of being shifted from one division to another.

In short, Carolina fans have a bit of an excuse for collectively being somewhat naive and exhibiting immature yahooism. Denver fans don't have that excuse. And most importantly, Carolina does not have a quarterback who not only gets an incredible free pass from the national media, but gets illogically fluffed up as some super great saintly hero.

I want Carolina to win simply because that means that Denver loses.

Denver will win.

Denver is a bit a blend of the 2006 Colts and 2012 Ravens. A team with a good defense and ton of lucky bounces both in the regular season and playoffs--that usually means something in the end. Make fun of Peyton's noodle arm all you guys want...but at this point they only have to win one game, and they have the experience, better coaching, and vastly superior defense to get it done. Cam Newton I think will get exposed in this game. I can totally see Ted Ginn having 12 drops like Lafell did against the Jets.

0fdb130f0989cd7a5624690b185cee97b8824375.gif

Hey Deus...Not only was this funny it was also useful. hahaha

Carolina got complacent and went to sleep in the second half of the divisional playoff against Seattle. Otherwise, they have physically dominated opponents in the playoffs.

There's two scenarios where Carolina could lose. If they get fat heads and lose their focus (see second half against Seahawks) or if they turn the ball over. A lot. Denver has a puncher's chance if they decisively win the turnover battle.

More often than not, the more physical team wins. Carolina qualifies on both sides of the ball. In addition, the Panthers have a playoff caliber QB; the Broncos do not. If Denver falls behind by more than one score, it's game over.

Carolina should dominate for any easy win.

Last edited:
I agree, but you will never get his point across. Being the better team is irrelevant. Being the team that won, and the team that is still breathing, is all that matters. History is filled with "the better team" watching the playoffs and SB from their couches. I'd rather be the winning team than the better team, whatever that means exactly.

Agreed. The "better team" is both subjective and irrelevant. The only thing that matter is who won and who lost.

Stop fighting each other my friends... At this point in time it is all water under the bridge.

Carolina got complacent and went to sleep in the second half of the divisional playoff against Seattle. Otherwise, they have physically dominated opponents in the playoffs.

There's two scenarios where Carolina could lose. If they get fat heads and lose their focus (see second half against Seahawks) or if they turn the ball over. A lot. Denver has a puncher's chance if they decisively in the turnover battle.

More often than not, the more physical team wins. Carolina qualifies on both sides of the ball. In addition, the Panthers have a playoff caliber QB; the Broncos do not. If Denver falls behind by more than one score, it's game over.

Carolina should dominate for any easy win.

Denver doesn't have the offense to come back like Seattle did. Of Carolina takes a 14pt lead it's check and mate.

38-13 Panthers.

I am trying to care about or elicit some response to this game and find the whole process difficult.. the Bronco's are "dead to me" and for that reason predict the Panthers will win.

Wasn't Coach Rivera mentioning people on some roof watching practice the other day, paging Marshall Faulk time to start your redundant, "red ass" commentary once again..

Feel free to go try compiling my error rate, slick. I'm pretty damned good at predictions. Hell, there's a season where I did a list of predictions and kept coming back to it in the thread, marking off where I got them wrong and right, just to show that I don't mind being put to the test. Go check it out.

And, your AFCCG claims continue to be speculative at best, and idiotic at worst.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Broncos will win and Peyton Manning will be the Super Bowl MVP and anointed the best NFL quarterback of all time. What else could Nostradamus have possibly meant when he predicted that 2016 would be the year of The End of The World?
Top 10 Nostradamus Predictions for 2016

Is this where I make my prediction? I hate to say it but Manning gets his second ring this Sunday. The Donks defense will stifle the Panthers passing game. Their secondary is very good and can shut down that average group of receivers 1 on 1. They will need to double up Olsen. That leaves 6 or 7 to shut the run down and contain Cam. They are more than fast enough to limit Cam's impact. The Panthers best LB is hurt and will not be effective. They will score just enough to win. 17-13, 20-17 something like that. It could even be a blowout if Cam turns the ball over enough. Take the 6-points and at least win some $ from this abomination of a game. Also you know Peyton will get 1 or 2 critical calls. They want him to win. It will be a sad sad day. Uggh!

Panthers absolutely KILLED Seattle's defense a few weeks ago. I doubt they'll have much trouble against Denver. This is not the Pats. Denver's front 7 won't be licking their chops so much considering Cam actually scramble out of the pocket, and when you factor Carolina's o-line, running game, option reads, etc., they won't be blitzing as much as they did a couple of weeks ago against what must have been the 5hittest o-line in the league, and QB that can barely move. Denver's D will be kept honest. Also, while their front-7 is very good, their secondary is just 'good', not 'great'.

Honestly don't care about this game and if I didn't see a minute of it I'd be more curious about the great commercials I missed than the great football action I didn't see.
Having said that I'd like the Panthers to destroy the Broncos.
Black overcoats, black pants, black shirts, witness intimidation.........awwww shucks!!!!!

Happy Annual Peyton Playoff Choke Day everybody!

I picked the Panthers to win but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Broncos won. Everything seems to be going their way this year. After losing back to back vs Oakland and Pittsburgh, the Broncos got to play all home games, including a game against Cincy without their QB, San Diego, the Steelers without Antonio Brown and a hobbled Big Ben, and the Pats without RBs and hobbled WRs and OL. Now they face a Panthers team with one of their top LB's injured from the NFCCG.

Unless the Panthers turn the ball over a few times and give up some big special teams plays I expect them to win big. I don't know if Peyton puts up double digit points for the second straight SB.

Panthers 24-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes