PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 36 Broadcast: Tonight at 8PM on NFL Network!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, what a staff this team had.

BB
Weis
Romeo
Mangini

This has to be one of the greatest staffs in history.

I didn't remember Law almost making that pick in the end zone.

4th and goal too. Damn this upcoming play sucks. I had the "too good to be true" feeling whenever Tebucky is running it back.

BB
Weis
Romeo
Mangini

the 1990 Giant staff. Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Ron Erhardt, Tom Coughlin, Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis.....am i missing anybody? or adding?

BB
Weis
Romeo
Mangini

And Josh McD editting film tapes :)

the 1990 Giant staff. Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Ron Erhardt, Tom Coughlin, Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis.....am i missing anybody? or adding?

Damn, whatever happened to people who were ACs for more than 2 years? :confused:

Here's the hold. That just about killed me.

Damn it Willie! This could've been a blowout! :bricks:

how tired out D became towards the end...played their hearts out

Damn it Willie! This could've been a blowout! :bricks:

Haha, I remember that moment. At the party I was at we were all jumping up and down like crazy when Tebucky brought it to the house off the fumble. Then we saw the flag and then the Rams scored, and it was "...Here we go again..." like we were used to as Red Sox fans.

But Faulk was the guy Warner wanted to go to. If McGinest hadnt held Faulk, there never would have been the scramble, the fumble, and the run back.
The Patriot defense was tired as it was. the runback and all the energy they used up in the excitement, thinking the game was virtually over, and the letdown of having it all come back, really gassed them out.

That's probably impossible. Maybe they could do if they had no commercial breaks throughout the entire day.

just 30 min capsules of all SB's ..they do it every year

NFL films has a great archive of tape ...

this is better but those old narrated NFL shows were pretty good.

I think on Sunday theyre broadcasting all 40 Super Bowls.

they are showing the 30 minute highlight films. Still great. they'll be showing more of these full SB games, not sure which one is next. Ive read they'll be showing some old ones, like SB 10. I would imagine SB 3 as well since that full game has been out in internet circulation for a few years.

just 30 min capsules of all SB's ..they do it every year

Ohh... so they're not actually broadcasting them, they're showing the highlights. OK I see.

Hopefully they show SB 38. While this game was more historic, I think 38 might have been a better overall game than this.

I'll bring it up now so theres time to think about it. one strategy i always questioned Belichick on was when the Patriots had the ball before the 2:00 minute warning no times out left, and 3rd and 8. They ran and let the clock run down to 2:00 warning before they punted. I always felt we should have tried to win it with a pass. A first down, and even with the 2 minute warning, the game would be over because the Rams had no timeout. Even if it was incomplete, there would be like 2:12 left. and you'd still punt.
At the time i remember thinking, "if we lose Belichick will be questioned about this for a long time"
Maybe he felt it was a risk but Brady had shown he was too cool to throw a pick or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes