PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl 36 Broadcast: Tonight at 8PM on NFL Network!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best halftime show ever ... Prince will be right up there this year.

Winstrom would have made a great Patriot.

Last edited:
Brady looks so young, can't believe it's been six years already.

Gotta love the cheesy Fox graphics like the player intros, but sad to say there's been no improvement (like that stupid robot Fox has).

Brady looks so young, can't believe it's been six years already.

Gotta love the cheesy Fox graphics like the player intros, but sad to say there's been no improvement (like that stupid robot Fox has).

5 years and yea he looks young and scrawny. I thought the player intros were excellent with the Marines, robot is whack though.

Not to pimp the Colts but I think Addai will be as good as Marshall Faulk.

Bobby Hamilton was a great tackler ... one of the best IMO.

Last edited:
5 years and yea he looks young and scrawny. I thought the player intros were excellent with the Marines, robot is whack though.
Oh I didn't even notice they were Marines, now it makes more sense.

Last edited:
Not to pimp the Colts but I think Addai will be as good as Marshall Faulk.

Bobby Hamilton was a great tackler ... one of the best IMO.

Haha, i dont think hes nearly as quick. Looks to be real good though, wonder if they are glad we got Maroney and they had to settle for Addai.

Oh I didn't even notice they were Marines, now it makes more sense.

Yea, they actually had their rank/names of them at the bottom of the screen too.

Haha, i dont think hes nearly as quick. Looks to be real good though, wonder if they are glad we got Maroney and they had to settle for Addai.

I'd put up Corence Dilroney against any pair out there right now...gotta love the mix.

Maroney doesn't have the opportunities Addai has nor does he have the receivers around him of the caliber of wayne and harrison.

I'd put up Corence Dilroney against any pair out there right now...gotta love the mix.

Maroney is in high school at the time ... watching this game
telling everyone he's gonna be a Patriot one day .....yeah right...:cool: :rofl:

Notice how much speedier Troy Brown was then? Boy, that secondary was studly. Wish we had Law and Milloy this weekend.

Maroney doesn't have the opportunities Addai has nor does he have the receivers around him of the caliber of wayne and harrison.

I agree ... in the end we got the best RB ... better than Bush even IMO.

Yea, not saying i think Addai is better in any way but he seems to be working well for them. I think Maroney is a better change of pace from Dillon than Addai would be.

Kurt Warner really impressed me with how he hung in there in this game. He proved his toughness.
However, he was never the same after this game.

Kurt Warner really impressed me with how he hung in there in this game. He proved his toughness.

I agree ... IMO he really did not have great talent.
He did well because he was tough and had a great offense
with a great offensive mind coach in Martz. Martz was a great coordinator
and was a lousy HC.

Pokey Smith still had a little punch in 2001.

Man Brady was way slow back then ... he's faster now.

Last edited:

I think that this game gave the roadmap on how to beat him, and the Rams never adjusted. Disrupt the routes, punish the receivers, pressure. And the team cost too much to last...

This was the point of the game I was starting to think "we have to score somehow".

Remember, up to this point, we still lived under the "these are Patriots, bad things happen" syndrome. So when Ty Law ran it back I was waiting for the roughing the passer call on Vrabel.

I think the sack by Willie, which was pictured on the cover of SI, was the beginning of the end for Warner.

I think that this game gave the roadmap on how to beat him, and the Rams never adjusted. Disrupt the routes, punish the receivers, pressure. And the team cost too much to last...
I always wondered if the physical beating he took had something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back