Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sununu -The Ultimate Hypocrite

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Yesterday, John Sununu, former Governor of New Hampshire, former WHite House Chief of Staff and Republican spokesman, said that he wished President Barak Obama would "learn how to be an American," playing on the old conservative belief that a man born of an African father and an American mother who spent a few years in Indonesia and lived in Hawaii can't possibly be a "real" American.

Pretty hypocritical because John Sununu was born in Havana, Cuba and is the child of a Palestinian father from Jerusalen and a Greek mother who was born in El Savador.

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +347 / 12 / -11

Sounds like a Muslim Communist spy. I think we ought to investigate.

3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: :rofl: Oh noes! Some guy who has been out of politics for about 20 years now said something mean about Ofailure! This is certainly worthy of our attention! :rofl: :rofl:

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Who gives a sh!t.

5. Hebeill

Hebeill 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You do or you wouldn't have bothered to post.

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Ummm.....fail.

He was a senator until 2009 (that's 2 /12 years ago, not 20 years ago in case you have trouble with the math) and he currently serves on the Congressional Oversight Panel (COP) for the Troubled Asset Relief Program funds. He was appointed to the position by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

REAL Americans use military aircraft for private use.

Cost of Sununu's trips detailed Bush orders review of policy Price often far higher than commercial fares - Baltimore Sun

The records show that Mr. Sununu paid back $17,578 for the 21 personal and family trips that are estimated to have cost the government more than $108,000 -- a figure based on estimated flying time, aircraft speed and other data provided by the Air Force and the travel industry.

So a REAL american runs up the tab on the taxpayer...and pays back about 15% of it...

sounds about right, you pile of crap!

8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Wise choice to put on an oversight committee.

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I remember reading about how people marveled at his high IQ. Funny, for a smart guy, he sure is dumb.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 14 / -28

Sununu apoligized today for yesterday's transgressions, see page B11

11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

How convenient.

12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow. You are totally making a complete fool of yourself right now. :rofl: :rofl: Talk about FAIL!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: If you were a little bit more humble in your sad attempt to correct me, then maybe I would politely set you straight, but you deserve this, Mrs. :rofl: :rofl:

Your original post talks about "John Sununu, former Governor of New Hampshire, former White House Chief of Staff ... was born in Havana." NEWSFLASH: That man retired from politics when he was fired from the White House in 1991. Like I said before, 1991 was about 20 years ago, in case you have trouble with the math.

The guy who was a senator until 2009 is the former governor's son, also named John Sununu. When you looked him up on Wikipedia, his picture didn't strike you as a guy who is a bit too young to have been governor of NH in the 80's and Chief of Staff for President George H. W. Bush?!? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In other words, your pathetic attempt to correct me has backfired miserably.

Now what was that you were saying about FAIL...?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

The point is that Sununu did learn how to be an American, wherever he was born. obama hasn't learned to be an American, wherever he was born.

14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

My bad, I mixed my Sununu's. My Sununu (the one you said had been out of politics for 20 years) was not a senator until 2009 - rather he was the Chair of the New Hampshire Republican party until 2011.

As for "being out of politics for 20 years," and "not worthy of our attention," he is the current national co-chair of the Romney campaign, you know. As such, I presume that Romney thinks he is very worthy of our attention.....usually a candidate holds his chief surrogate in very high regard.

Thank you for pointing out the senator/son thing to me, though. As always, I appreciate the heads-up when I've made a mistake.

15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know what I like about you the most, Mrs? Unlike several of your liberal friends, when you mess up you actually have the fortitude to admit it. :rocker: :rocker:

I could name several of your cohorts in here who would rather die than ever do such a thing, no matter how badly they messed up. I give you credit for being smart enough to realize that when you make a mistake, you look much less foolish admitting it than defending it. :singing: :singing:

16. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Pot, meet kettle.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012