Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sununu race-baits, thinks it over, backs off

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Oct 26, 2012.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +340 / 6 / -8

John Sununu has backed off his statement that Colin Powell endorsed Obama because of his race.

He has now announced that he's sure it's nothing to do with race.

By the way, do we have a thread on the Powell endorsement?

PFnV
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 1 / -9

I wonder who Whoopi and Chris Rock are going to vote for..........:confused:
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 4 / -2

If you're referring to his comments on Piers Morgan, then I think Sununu said it right. I'm not sure if he made different comments on another show or not. I happened to catch the last couple of minutes of his interview on Piers, and when he first said something like "I don't know if it's cuz of something else" (paraphrasing), I was like don't go there, but then he continued when asked and said (again paraphrasing) that Powell maybe feels proud that someone of his own race has reached the highest office, and wants to support him. I thought he explained his point pretty well, and without controversy. Personally, I agree with his point.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Sununu is a POS who's adept at using code and claiming he isn't.

He said Obama was "lazy". Wonder what he meant by that? Is Obama lazier than Sununu? What does Sununu do for "work"?

Maybe Sununu doesn't want people to think about the real reason Powell is giving the finger to the R's...
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 4 / -2

OMG wistah are you implying that Sununu calling Obama lazy is some code word for racism? When Fred Thompson announed his candidacy for president in 2008, one of the criticisms of him was that he was lazy. This code word crap where saying "hello" is suddenly racist in some way, is really getting to the point of absurdity. If you're not implying that, then my appologies, but so many people are and I find it intellectually shallow when people do.

Powell may very well love Obama's policies, or want to give republicans the finger over his UN/Iraq deal. That's totally plausible. It's also very possible that Powell, and african-american, saw a fellow african-american (in 2008) have a chance to ascend to the highest office in the world, and the subsequent opportunity to hold that office this time around, and feels a certain responsibility, or inner desire to support him. To feel the former, or the latter, is to have an opinion. The latter of which, does not make you racist. I remember when Mario Cuomo was mentioned as a presidential candidate. Every relative I had, even though republican or ignorant of politics, was suddenly going to donate and vote for the guy. Do you know why? It's simply a part of being human imo.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +589 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I am sure there are people who voted for Obama because he is black. I am sure there were people who voted for Bush because of his religion. So it goes form all our presidents... plenty of people vote for singular race, color, heritage or religious reasons ... I don't see why that's an issue.
  7. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Huh? When did lazy become a quality with which race could be assumed?

I always thought lazy was a human condition not a black/white/red/green/yellow/blue condition.

I guess we found a new term - whazy.
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 3 / -10

I voted for Obama partly because he is black....so now can't I say I won't vote for him for the very same reason?:D
  9. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -1

Code? Really? Maybe some people just look to hard for racism and when it is not there they see it anyway. So, if I say I think Obama loves food, then that could be code for Obama sure does love his fried chicken and water melon. Code, what a joke.

I think Obama is lazy too. I think the real reason he voted present so much in the senate was because he was too lazy to do the homework and had no clue as to what was in the bills he was supposed to vote on. Golf and parties have to be more fun than reading proposed bills.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 1 / -9

How can liberals constantly babblle on about "racism" when it was Racism that got Obama elected, does anyboy really believe that A White, Wet Behind The Ears Senator who nobody ever heard of could suddenly come out of the woodwork and actually BEAT Hillary Rodham Clinton for the Nomination, anybody that does believe this should be in mental institution.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  11. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +283 / 4 / -9

'hardworking' is never a word that comes to mind when describing obama
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Or any other president since Carter. These clowns don't know the meaning of hard work. Nixon was a hard worker. Kennedy probably didn't know what work was until he joined the Navy. Not their fault, I guess. Rich folks don't work that hard in general. What's the point of being rich if you have to work hard.

And no. I don't always look for racism in every statement. I just know a bigoted a-hole when I see one. Sununu has no capacity for racism because he does nothing. He's a lazy arse political hack and now all he does is talk to the media. I guess now he won't be saying much in public until after the election. Heard on the radio that he won't be available to the press for a while.

Loser.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Suppose Romney said what Sununu did. Would that be any different or the same? The issue of racce has to be infused from time to time in this election. It's the oil that keeps Romney's campaign anywhere near close in this election. It's not everything, just a component. The margin of victory, if Romney wins, will be easily inside of the amount of dirtbags who want him out because he's black. Period.
  14. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -1

Ok, just so I know where I stand. So, I voted for Obama based on his message of changing Washington: No more pork, no more lobbyist, and transparency. Now, he did not deliver any of that, in fact he increased all of it. So, that means that if I vote against Obama now, then it must be because he is black?

I just want you to run your raciest-o-meter over me so I know if I am or not, thanks.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Oh, quit your freakin whining fakrissakes!

No one said you're a racist because you don't vote for Obama.

Just because I think Sununu is a bigot, doesn't mean I think you are. Use your head and stop absorbing the guilt of political hack dicks like Sununu.
  16. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -1

Stop, I'm going to cry! Hehe.
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's too bad we live in a society where honest opinions and true statements have to be retracted for political expediency.
  18. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +340 / 6 / -8

Okay, so he was being honest the first time, and then was lying the second statement, but it's not his fault.

Check.

"The party of personal responsibility" strikes again :)
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's all cool, Mr. If I was an Obama supporter, I too would be desperate to talk about anything but, ya know, like, the actual issues affecting our country.
  20. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Maybe that's part of the problem. We need a candidate who is hardened by experience, not one who appeals to demographics. None of them have all the answers, we should be looking for the individual who has the resolve of experience.
    Mitt Romney.