Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sunny vs. Shady side of Gillette Stadium

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DynastyDriven, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DynastyDriven

DynastyDriven Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I know there are many season ticket holders on here so I figured this would be the place to ask a question like this.

I was fortunate enough to get two pairs of tickets to see Buffalo in week 3 one pair in sec 240, the other in sec 218. Last time I went to a day game at Gillette was also week 3 vs Buffalo in 2007 and I got absolutely roasted, skin peeling, the whole works so I am hoping to avoid the same fate this time around.

Can someone tell me what would be the better end or shady end to sit on? Thanks a million

[​IMG]
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +823 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Re: Sunny vs Shady side of Gillette Stadium

I think you'll be at enough of an angle either way to avoid the direct sunlight, but 240 probably is your safest choice. (I'm in 227 -- never a sun problem on that side of the stadium.)
  3. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +337 / 4 / -10

Re: Sunny vs Shady side of Gillette Stadium

in 218 you will have the sun to your back.I think both locations will fare well for that game

101-111, 201-212 and 301-314/315 are like being on the surface of the sun at times
  4. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +531 / 5 / -1

#95 Jersey

Almost all of the Patriots side get the sun for a 1 pm game as well as the endzone where they come out of the locker room
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  5. the wrothbroughterer

the wrothbroughterer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Definitely go shady if it's possible. I sit in 132 and every time the sun comes out I just slowly roast. Add that and a dozen beers before entering the stadium and you have a recipe for disaster.
  6. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 16 / -12

Disable Jersey

The sun will be seting roughly over 225 so I'd take 240 as slightly shadier. I sit in 110 at times and do roast early in season. Patriots side is the sunnier side.
  7. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

[​IMG]

Use it.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  8. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Honestly, unless your casper the ghost you should be fine with a hat. Your face is going to get cooked by the sun no doubt, like I said WEAR A HAT. You'll thank me later.

As for the sun screen post..I go to games in Miami and I would never put sun screen on. Sure you could use it, but that **** is just uncomfortable to me, no need for that. JMO. and I'm Irish so I burn pretty easy. I bring a hat and I'm good to go. I doubt anything in New England is going to compare to a September day in South Florida
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.