PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sunday's Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmac14

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Whether your tailgating or watching from home what's on the menu for the home opener?

For us...
Grilled Bagels with bacon and eggs
Blue Moon
Beer Steamed Shrimp
Blue Moon
Sweet Potatoes
Blue Moon
Steak
Blue Moon
Baked Stuffed Shrimp
Raspbery Kamikaze Shot

Only undecided on which jersey to wear.

Last edited:
Yes, a beverage between every course is essential.

Me, I like to vary the menu to keep it from getting too stale. Usually a similar start - ham and eggs on a bagel with a bloody mary is a good start. I used to be big on wings but now I usually opt for boneless chicken breasts, they seem to be a much better value. Marinated in lemon pepper sauce one week, sauteed with peppers and onions a couple weeks later, barbecued with chipotle sauce after that, etc.

I love me that bang bang shrimp as part of the menu too.

Bang Bang Shrimp - Copycat From Bonefish Grill Recipe - Food.com - 187731

Other weeks I'll keep it simple with a good old fashioned hamburger, piled high with every condiment I can get my hands on. Some fresh garden tomatoes are essential.

And somewhere over the course of the season I'll have at least one game that will center on sausage, keilbasa, and/or brats. This also becomes an excuse to try out some German or Polish better that I've never tried before.

We're having birthday cake. Sunday is my daughter's 9th birthday, and she's been plotting out her plan for an ideal day. I was worried about how I could carve out 1:00-4:00...but then I saw the schedule she'd drawn up, with "Watch the Patriots Game!" right in the middle! I'm so proud. :)

We're having birthday cake. Sunday is my daughter's 9th birthday, and she's been plotting out her plan for an ideal day. I was worried about how I could carve out 1:00-4:00...but then I saw the schedule she'd drawn up, with "Watch the Patriots Game!" right in the middle! I'm so proud. :)
You have indeed raised her well, you should be very proud.

Excellent!

I'll be making a big pot of my extra-thick black bean chilli. I can serve it over tortilla chips with shredded cheese as a semi-nacho dish, or you can roll it up in a large flour tortilla with cheese, lettuce and sour cream for burritos. Works in a number of ways.

It will be paired with an 18-rack of ice cold Rolling Rock, and a jug of Evan Williams bourbon.

Mine's gonna be pretty simple:

Sam Adams Boston Lager
BBQ'd spicy sausages
Kettle chips, not sure which variety yet

I usually don't eat much during Pats games, usually I'm too excited or nervous to eat!

Last edited:
Whether your tailgating or watching from home what's on the menu for the home opener?

For us...
Grilled Bagels with bacon and eggs
Blue Moon
Beer Steamed Shrimp
Blue Moon
Sweet Potatoes
Blue Moon
Steak
Blue Moon
Baked Stuffed Shrimp
Raspbery Kamikaze Shot

Only undecided on which jersey to wear.

With that menu, I recommend tie-dyed. :)

In the fall I like to watch games out on the hammock, with plenty of Guinness, a chunk of good cheddar and a big slab of smoked trout. It's an irish thing.

I will be at my daughters place in Philly, but the PAts game is the CBS game there and she has a 52" hd set..... so some home made Guacamole & chips a Philly Cheesesteak from Pat's and some Sam Adams. My wife and daughter are attending a Stained Glass workshop all day perfect.

... somewhere over the course of the season I'll have at least one game that will center on sausage, keilbasa, and/or brats. ...

Dec. 1, Packers.

Always fun to match the food to the opponent. Might need to visit Karl's Sausage Kitchen in Saugus for that game.

Pastrami, eggs and cheese on Ray's onion bagels
Shrimp ****tail
Buffalo chicken Chili
Steak tips
Grilled sweet Italian Sausage with peppers and onions
Porchetta sandwiches

...and a diet coke, because I need to watch my weight.

Last edited:
The Staff of Life.......Pizza with everything, well almost, No Anchoveys Please. I don't drink until after the game, i usually have to if i read the post game posts.

Last edited:
Somebody mentioned shrimp ****tail, that sounds good. I can't eat much during the game because I get too nervous. And the shrimp ****tails at Winn Dixie are "buy one get one free," so that is looking like a winner :)

Oh, and I'll be wearing my SPIKES jersey :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't eat before or during the season opening game. I'm afraid of
throwup.gif
if I do.

But for those who can, enjoy.:rocker:

...college food...

I don't eat before or during the season opening game. I'm afraid of
throwup.gif
if I do.

I'm amazed I did eat during the 2009 season opening game after what happened in 2008. I pretty much threw up the little KFC I had at that point after the infamous hit on Brady happened. :(

Food wise this year.... I'll probably have my Sunday tradition of two rodeo cheeseburgers from Burger King with some onion rings... and Mountain Dew Throwback. :rocker:

Last edited:
Buffalo tenders and potato skins from 99 restaurant.

wingsandskinslg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye