Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here is how I view the matchups for Sunday's game

Matchup #1 Patriots OL/ TE/ RB vs Cincy's Front Seven
Key matchups: Light vs Smith on passing downs - Koppen vs Adams on running plays. If Light can handle Smith this will free Graham on some plays to go out instead of staying in as a blocker. If Koppen can handle Adams one on one, then we will have a big day from Corey and LoMo.

Advantage: Patriots

Matchup #2 Patriots WR/TE vs Cincy's DB's and LB's
If both Gabe and Jackson play this will be an even matchup. If Graham can go out instead of helping againts the rush then it could tilt to the Patriots favor.

Advantage: Even

Matchup #3. Patroits DB's vs Cincy's WR's. Even with all of our DB's healthy this is the biggest mismatch of the game. Johnson, Who'syomama, Henry, Washington take your pick- they are all dangerous

Atvantage:Cincy++

Matchup #4 Patriots front seven vs Cincy's OL/TE/RB
Key matchups: Seymour vs Levi Jones two of the best going after each other. Big Vince vs Ghiaciuc(backup center). First the Patriots must hold Rudi Johnson to under 75 yards- he's one of the 10 best RBs in the league. They must bring pressure against Palmer up the middle and get in his face.

Advatage: Patriots

Intagibles:
Cincy has four Johnsons on their team. Patriots have none. We use to have a couple of Johnsons and a Woody. This means nothing but I thought I'd throw that in.

shirtsleeve said:
thanks, nut. Nice post

Thanks. I was exhusted after typing that. Usually I do one liners and post cheerleader photos.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
Intagibles:[/B] Cincy has four Johnsons on their team. Patriots have none. We use to have a couple of Johnsons and a Woody. This means nothing but I thought I'd throw that in.

There goes my morning coffee!!:D Way to brighten my day, Nut! Just Priceless!!

Nice breakdown NUT. Its strange the only major advantage they have is WR. Sure its a big deal but if they cant protect the QB or run the ball, we can deal with the WR's.

desi-patsfan said:
Nice breakdown NUT. Its strange the only major advantage they have is WR. Sure its a big deal but if they cant protect the QB or run the ball, we can deal with the WR's.

Their recievers are excellent but they are useless if they can't get the ball thrown to them. Make Palmers life a living hell and the recievers become a non-factor.

PATSNUTme said:
Here is how I view the matchups for Sunday's game

Matchup #1 Patriots OL/ TE/ RB vs Cincy's Front Seven
Key matchups: Light vs Smith on passing downs - Koppen vs Adams on running plays. If Light can handle Smith this will free Graham on some plays to go out instead of staying in as a blocker. If Koppen can handle Adams one on one, then we will have a big day from Corey and LoMo.

Advantage: Patriots

Matchup #2 Patriots WR/TE vs Cincy's DB's and LB's
If both Gabe and Jackson play this will be an even matchup. If Graham can go out instead of helping againts the rush then it could tilt to the Patriots favor.

Advantage: Even

Matchup #3. Patroits DB's vs Cincy's WR's. Even with all of our DB's healthy this is the biggest mismatch of the game. Johnson, Who'syomama, Henry, Washington take your pick- they are all dangerous

Atvantage:Cincy++

Matchup #4 Patriots front seven vs Cincy's OL/TE/RB
Key matchups: Seymour vs Levi Jones two of the best going after each other. Big Vince vs Ghiaciuc(backup center). First the Patriots must hold Rudi Johnson to under 75 yards- he's one of the 10 best RBs in the league. They must bring pressure against Palmer up the middle and get in his face.

Advatage: Patriots

Intagibles:
Cincy has four Johnsons on their team. Patriots have none. We use to have a couple of Johnsons and a Woody. This means nothing but I thought I'd throw that in.
i seriously hope we get a punt or kickoff return for a TD or at least a decent return...its been a while since this team made a big play on ST

i seriously hope we get a punt or kickoff return for a TD or at least a decent return...its been a while since this team made a big play on ST

or on defense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back