PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sunday's game results benefit Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
With the early games finding the 4-1 Baltimore Ravens and the 4-1 Cincinatti Bengals losing and both going to 4-2, coupled with the mortal-wounding losses by fellow AFC East foes Miami (1-5) and Buffalo (2-4), Sunday saw the New England Patriots winning big by not playing,.

Last edited:
Definitely some good losses for us. We just need to keep winning, the other teams will take care of each other. Our games vs. Indy and Jax could be huge for seeding. We may end up hoping SD or Den sweeps the other, I guess we'll see how the season goes.

BelichickFan said:
Definitely some good losses for us. We just need to keep winning, the other teams will take care of each other. Our games vs. Indy and Jax could be huge for seeding. We may end up hoping SD or Den sweeps the other, I guess we'll see how the season goes.

Seeding will come down to the Indy and Jacksonville games. We already blew our other big seeding game vs Dever.

We need Denver to lose one more game than we do the rest of the way. I see the Pats going around 12-4. We need Denver to lose 5 of their last 11. Their schedule does get more difficult but four of the games I could see them losing are at home (SD, Cincy, Seattle, Indy).

With Jacksonville and/or Indy, we can afford to finish tied with them so long as we win head to head.

I have a ton of confidence if this team can get a bye. The Patriots, as a franchise, have never not made the super bowl when they have had a bye.

NEM said:
I would have liked to see Miami beat the Jets. I think that would have made all the division rivals 2-4 and give us a 3 game lead in the loss column. We must think, Division first, then Conference.

I agree. Miami is done and they were done before todays game, so I was pulling for them to make the Jets (who actually could be a threat, although doubtful) 2-4.

Other factors to consider...

1) NFC is stronger than AFC so far by 5 or 6 games
(making our path to SB easier)

2)Bal and Cinn seem to have some serious injuries as our boys rested and healed up.

3) Right now we would be the third seed behind INDY and Den.
We need to work hard to improve that.

4) Buffalo looks beat up on defense and offense. Should be a better game for us next week. We may lock up the division by week 11 or 12!

5) Some teams are offering some interesting trade offers at DB I'm sure we'll consider....if the value is right we have the cap space and spare picks in 2007 to improve the 06 team now.

It's good fortune that most of todays results were what they were. But, I'm a strong believer that if you take care of your own backyard, you don't have to care what's growing in somebody else's.

I think believe it or not, the Fish winning today would have been better for us.. ,but after next week Buffalo and Miami are eminated, we have to wait till nov 12th to elimnate the Jets...

At least the Jets win buries Miami - 1-5 is a deep hole to come out of.

Let's hope Saban puts another second-half winning streak together and plays his way out of a top pick. Anyhow, when your division rivals go 1-2 and the top teams (by record) in other divisions go 2-2, it's a good bye week.

A painful Miami loss always makes me feel sooooooooo good!!!! It's a close
2nd to a Pats win.

groundgame said:
With the early games finding the 4-1 Baltimore Ravens and the 4-1 Cincinatti Bengals losing and both going to 4-2, coupled with the mortal-wounding losses by fellow AFC East foes Miami (1-5) and Buffalo (2-4), Sunday saw the New England Patriots winning big by not playing,.

Actually, Cinncy is 3 - 2, but I agree with your point. Worked out fairly well.

BradfordPatsFan said:
We need Denver to lose one more game than we do the rest of the way. I see the Pats going around 12-4. We need Denver to lose 5 of their last 11. Their schedule does get more difficult but four of the games I could see them losing are at home (SD, Cincy, Seattle, Indy).
Sorry, if you were to hang your hat on Cincy and Indy beating Denver you'd lose the hat. Neither can stop the run, and Denver's D can handle the pass. Shanahan seems to have finally built the team that can handle Indy's big guns.

In other news, the Jets, Buffalo, and Miami need to play the Pats tough and make them sweat for every yard. The more this team has to face and defeat scrappy challengers the better for the fans when they hit the post-season powerhouses.

NEM said:
I would have liked to see Miami beat the Jets. I think that would have made all the division rivals 2-4 and give us a 3 game lead in the loss column. We must think, Division first, then Conference.

Yeah, I sat their yesterday thinking I can't believe I'm rooting for the phins, but just based on the standings I had to. The only thing I got from that game is how much both teams suck. I guess Belichick taught the HCs everything they know but, not everything he knows.

am i the only one that is worried about San Diego ?

i think they will be a contender - no doubt

imho they are the best team in the AFC now

ps = i do not complain for the Mia loss too

Yesterday was not good for the Pats because of 1 reason. Seattle won on a 54 yard FG. Thats the only result that really matters. If Seattle would have lost, they would have been behind St. Louis, and who knows maybe the weels start falling off, with the pressure, and no Alexander.

As far as the rest of teh AFC goes, if the Pats take care of their own business they will be fine. Its too early to look at seeds, wait till Decemeber for that.

italianpatthepatriot said:

I agree completely. I, and several others blasted some folks for the preseason ranking that had SD rated higher than the Pats. I was wrong. SD looks really good, and I believe it was my heart talking at the time, and not my head. They scare the cra@ out of me.

No. I agree too. The Chargers are proper good.

But they are not as strong as last night's blow-out made them look. First off, the 49ers defence was worse than bad, and scoring points was easier than taking candy from a baby. And then, good as the Chargers defence is, Alex Smith moved the ball pretty well in the first half and got quite a bit off success in the air. Certainly enough to give hope to strong passing teams. Which is what we will need to be should we come up against them.

I agree with you Pat. Before yesterday's games, my top 5 were:

1. Chicago
2. San Diego
3. Denver
4. Eagles
5. Patriots

Now, I would rank them:

1. Chicago
2. San Diego
3. Denver
4. Patriots
5. tie between Seattle, Saints and Eagles

QB12

the only way SD could, again, make misery later on probably is their Head Coach...

still the Bolts are a strong team (i really love their DL) - amazing...

The Chargers are very good, and that woodshed beating they gave us last season still haunts me, but I always like a Belichick defense against a first year starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back