PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sunday Ticket, western MA and the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor

Rookie
Reaction score
This is basically for those that live in western MA and have Sunday Ticket on DirecTV.

In western MA on DirecTV the local networks aren't yet in HD. With Sunday Ticket are you allowed to watch the HD feed of the patriots games on CBS/FOX or is it blacked out? It's been a few years since I had DirecTV and Sunday ticket. Also what's this superfan thing, you have to have that to get any sunday ticket games in HD even if you have the HD pack?

This is basically for those that live in western MA and have Sunday Ticket on DirecTV.

In western MA on DirecTV the local networks aren't yet in HD. With Sunday Ticket are you allowed to watch the HD feed of the patriots games on CBS/FOX or is it blacked out? It's been a few years since I had DirecTV and Sunday ticket. Also what's this superfan thing, you have to have that to get any sunday ticket games in HD even if you have the HD pack?

I don't even know what's going on. The moment I moved to Western MA last year, Charter, the cable station, stopped showing NFL network. I've been extremely bored ever since.

I live in eastern Mass but have Sunday Ticket... so...

The "Superfan" pack is the HD package. If you don't have "Superfan" you don't have NFL games in HD (except ESPN games).

It used to be that if a game was on local TV, you could not watch it on Sunday Ticket. This would irritate me because DirecTV doesn't have the local stations in HD, and every Pats game was on a local station, so I would literally get about 10 NFL games every week in HD but not the Patriots (one of the reasons I have cable plus satellite, but I digress). Fortunately they changed this policy last year. Any Sunday afternoon game the NFL broadcasts in HD is carried by DirecTV Superfan package.

Don't know for a fact, I'm only "deciding" this logically... consider that, with NFL Sunday Ticket, you get virtually every game. Also consider that not every one of these games are also broadcasted locally. Ergo, the feeds to NFL Sunday Ticket do not rely on said local feeds. In fact, those are single channels coming out of the satellite for the entire DirecTV market. Therefore (and at the risk of sounding naive), I can't imagine why you would/could NOT get the HD feed.

Unless of course it's all organized by the same folks that created the zones on DVDs. :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back