PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sunday Night Football: Colts @ Chargers game discussion (NBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a catch and fumble. God I hate the Colts.

Okay I think I'm turning this game off.

another blown call for a fumble as we speak because the whistle had blown.

Why doesn't the league just end the charade and put the horseshoe on the uniforms of the officials?

The league clearly tells officials to make calls in the favor of certain teams - the Colts and Cowboys, most notably.

this is absolutely disgusting.

This is strange, Colts games are usually very well officiated.

Strange year in the NFL indeed!

The NFL is like fake pro wrestling now.
A good friend of mine explained this going back several years, but I am starting to see it.

Certain teams like the Colts and Jets are the ref favorites. Steelers, Chargers, and Pats get screwed.

Colts score here its lights out for SD.

The 85 Bears could be playing the Colts right now and couldn't win with these calls. Three plays that all should've gone the other way. Chargers should have had the ball minutes ago.

This drive is pretty much proof that the league most definitely uses the officials to actively favor certain teams.

Okay I think I'm turning this game off.
Same here. What are there, five officials on the field? Then it's 16 to 11 in favor of the Colts. If Dungy had any integrity, even he would say cut the crap, call the game fairly.

Manning should just chuck it downfield every time. If a Colts receiver doesn't catch it, there's always the yellow flag.

where would the colts be w/o refs and picks?

out of playoff contention

The NFL is like fake pro wrestling now.
A good friend of mine explained this going back several years, but I am starting to see it.

Certain teams like the Colts and Jets are the ref favorites. Steelers, Chargers, and Pats get screwed.

they actually called the pick play in the steelers bengals game

Why even bother watching the games at least 2 or 3 games every week are in the bag from the officials. All we hear about is how good the officials are and how they get most calls right and yet every week I watch these incompetent old men consistenly mess up and make awful calls. Honestly every week this year there have been at least a half dozen games whose outcome was profoundly impacted by an awful call. What a disgrace and an embarrassment to the game the second PI call and the fumble was.

What happened to the rule that if there was a clear recovery of an apparent fumble, even after the whistle blew, that the ball could be awarded to the team that recovered upon review? I thought teams could "play through the whistle" in those circumstances...

The one example I remember is the season finale in Denver in 2006, when a play was blown dead, but San Francisco challenged, and it was determined that, despite the fact that the whistle blew, the play should have been ruled a fumble with clear recovery by the 49ers. Thus, the Niners gained possession.

I don't miss AV's short kick offs.

watching games like these....i understand why its so easy to hate the colts

What happened to the rule that if there was a clear recovery of an apparent fumble, even after the whistle blew, that the ball could be awarded to the team that recovered upon review? I thought teams could "play through the whistle" in those circumstances...

The one example I remember is the season finale in Denver in 2006, when a play was blown dead, but San Francisco challenged, and it was determined that, despite the fact that the whistle blew, the play should have been ruled a fumble with clear recovery by the 49ers. Thus, the Niners gained possession.

The Colts would've have lost possession, so that ruling is void. :disagreement:

Chargers responding with a quick score here pretty quick hopefully. Maybe they'll win two games tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye