PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sunday NFL countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
just watched the opening segement of this today before mercury morris came on and i muted it. all iam seeing in the program is that everyone seems to hint that going 16-0 is a dangerous thing because IF you dont win it all then it doesnt mean anything .That the pats should be wary/careful etc. Ditka as usual said the obvious thing that his bears werent trying to go 16-0. Were the pats until the last couple of games ?
god forbid , if we lose in the playoffs everyone will turn on BB that he played for the perfect season ignoring the big picture because thats what everyone keeps saying that they shouldnt think 16-0 is a big achievement without going 19-0.
I still cant understand what they want the pats to do .Rest all their players and lose this game ? then they will cry that we didnt embrace a historic game.

just watched the opening segement of this today before mercury morris came on and i muted it. all iam seeing in the program is that everyone seems to hint that going 16-0 is a dangerous thing because IF you dont win it all then it doesnt mean anything .That the pats should be wary/careful etc. Ditka as usual said the obvious thing that his bears werent trying to go 16-0. Were the pats until the last couple of games ?
god forbid , if we lose in the playoffs everyone will turn on BB that he played for the perfect season ignoring the big picture because thats what everyone keeps saying that they shouldnt think 16-0 is a big achievement without going 19-0.
I still cant understand what they want the pats to do .Rest all their players and lose this game ? then they will cry that we didnt embrace a historic game.

Doing something nobody has ever done is always an achievement, but if they go 16-0 and lose in the playoffs, it means NOTHING. They MUST go hand-in-hand IMO.

It's like picking a 10-1 horse to win, but playing and missing the exacta.

Why does Ditka always play that broken record?
Did he plan to lose any game?
Did he go into Miami, and tell his team to throw one, so they could win the rest?
Why can't someone logical look Ditka-head & Jackson in the eye, and call them out on their stupid comments?

More media running to the spotlight to sell their sponsors' commercials. It's called filling time before the game, and it's become a practice I stopped watching a long time ago. Realistically, if so inclined, you could sit down and watch sports shows related to the Patriots' game tonight from late morning until game time. Yet, if you're aware, you'd find very little that you haven't already heard or read. Will anything insightful be discussed? No. They (the media) are frothing at the mouth now and every sports outlet has to get some time in to discuss this game. What a waste!

All I know is there must be a degree of pressure being perfect. I would really like to know what's going through the players minds. I'm a fan and I've felt pressure right from my couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back