PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sullivan arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup methinks this could be the nail in the coffin. What is he thinking getting busted before training camp even starts. Wait... he didn't.

Anyone else suspect the Saints hoodwinked us on Sullivan? It's like buying a late model used luxury car with low mileage at a bargain-basement price, only to find after driving it off the lot that the engine is shot. As he waves goodbye, the smiling salesman says under his breath, "So long, sucka!" Now I want Bethel back.

letekro said:
At that little life lessons class they make the rookies attend the veterans should explain to the rookies that you should never, ever admit to possession of anything, and never, ever consent to a vehicle search.

Why not explain that you have the opportunity to make millions and don't jeopardize that over illegal activites.

Must have been the loud music that did him in. Always wondered why they list that. Other inexplicable possible behaviors to be noted: was eating bucket of ribs while driving; whistled at a hot chick...:confused:

Tunescribe said:
Anyone else suspect the Saints hoodwinked us on Sullivan? It's like buying a late model used luxury car with low mileage at a bargain-basement price, only to find after driving it off the lot that the engine is shot. As he waves goodbye, the smiling salesman says under his breath, "So long, sucka!" Now I want Bethel back.

How can they hoodwink us when all we gave them was a guy who was going to be cut? Bethel had a 0% chance of making the roster.

letekro said:
At that little life lessons class they make the rookies attend the veterans should explain to the rookies that you should never, ever admit to possession of anything, and never, ever consent to a vehicle search.

Or just dont do anything where you have to worry about being searched. That's easier

Fanfrom1960 said:
Must have been the loud music that did him in. Always wondered why they list that.
Depends where they are. A few years ago I called the County Sheriff several times on my neighbor - at night when they play music so loud that it wakes your kids up I don't feel bad about it at all - and after the second time they stopped :)

Regarding Sullivan, sounds like it was a low risk gamble which won't pay off.

dhamz said:
How can they hoodwink us when all we gave them was a guy who was going to be cut? Bethel had a 0% chance of making the roster.
Not sure about 0% but not much higher :) I guess in retrospect I'd prefer a low draft pick now but it was a chance worth taking.

Pats726 said:
My guess is..he either learns fast or is gone soon...One time is one thing..BUT
I would not be surprised if the ax falls soon...It WAS worth a shot..and BJ wasn't going to make it through TC...

Agreed.

If Pothead fails his conditioning run he'll be gone before he catches his breath.

What a schmuck!

I'm awestruck of this clown's stupidity. :mad:

Last edited:
Will we get a "No way Jonathan Sullivan makes this team" thread now?

He'll be gone, the Patriots don't put up with that crap from any player.

Isn't there a new CBA rule that prevents a team from cutting a player because of sitiuations like this?

I always figured New Orleans was likely to get more out of the trade. They get a guy who can do one or two things once in a while, and we get a guy that won't make the team.

But we are better off moving on from Bethel because the Pats tried hard to trade him all offseason, and couldn't. They were already thru with Bethel, and his chances of making the team, even over Childress, where 0%.

It was well worth the risk,however. D-Linemen don't grow on trees.

Let's put the breaks on for a second. I agree with all the anger that this has caused in this thread, however there have been many assumptions made. I am not defending Sully at all. Just think of the following:

1.) Many are saying he is on thin ice or this is the last straw. How do we know that is the case with BB?

2.) Many are indicating that he is an established offender. Do we know this to be th actual case? How do we know that this wasn't his first offense?

3.) The article did not say whether or not he was under the influence of MJ. Posession was because a small bag was in the car. Granted, he should have not been in the car with that bag there, but we don't know for sure he is a user.

4.) Wasn't our beloved Ty Law found in the presence of an illegal substance? He still has gone on without being shipped to the CFL.

5.) Maybe this is the wakeup call that Sully needed! I would hate to be in his shoes when our FO, BB, SP, and BK get a hold of him.

Just a different perspective.

dhamz said:

No one knows for sure he had 0 percent chance of making the roster, especially if one of our wideouts got hurt in training camp. I'm just wondering if the Saints knew something about Sullivan we didn't.

QuiGon said:
Bethel was going to be cut anyway. Even if Sullivan is a complete bust (or never plays a single game) it doesn't really hurt the "trade" since Bethel was a goner.

i knew it of course.
anyway Sullivan lost imho the last card he had to play in the Nfl

I am awestruck at how you all have found him guilty before he's even gone to trial.

All the things listed are misdemeanors except maybe the possession. If its his first offense, then, at most, he will get a slap on the wrist and fines for running the stop signs, not wearing his seatbelt, and for violating the sound ordinance. Whoopdee do. Lets also ignore that it was reported that Sullivan was fully complient with the officer's instructions. Including notifying the officer that there was a weapon in the car.

Now, one other thing to keep in mind. Even in this day and age, there are still places in the south where racism against blacks is prevalent. Now, I am not saying that is the case here, but it doesn't make sense for Sullivan to consent to the search if he knew that there was marijuana in the car.

Damn people. You whine and complain about guys like Borges and Cafardo being vultures. You are no better than them with the comments you've been making about Sullivan in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome reporting from the "Times-Picayune"!

"While following Sullivan, according to police Bowman saw Sullivan drive through two stop signs without stopping first."

Is there any other way to "drive through" two stop signs other than "not stopping first"?

On another note, now I know why Sully is so friggin fat - MUNCHIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Guilty. Not guilty. Who cares? I don't smoke it personally anymore, but weed should be legal anyway!

Here's the conversation just before they left the house, according to unnamed sources:

Sullivan: "Dude, I gotta run out and get me some Cool Ranch Doritos & a box of Sno-Caps!"

Clemons: "The cops are all over the place, Jon. It's 4 in the friggin morning! Have an apple, my man!"

Sullivan: "I am cropped on the chronic - I gotta have some Cool Ranch Doritos & a box of Sno-Caps. You comin' or not?"

Clemons: "Alright. Lemme grab the ounce of weed - well actually, just under an ounce now, since we just toked - and the Snoop Dogg CD just in case we wanna roll another one while we're out!"

Sullivan: "Word!"

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:
I am awestruck at how you all have found him guilty before he's even gone to trial.

All the things listed are misdemeanors except maybe the possession. If its his first offense, then, at most, he will get a slap on the wrist and fines for running the stop signs, not wearing his seatbelt, and for violating the sound ordinance. Whoopdee do. Lets also ignore that it was reported that Sullivan was fully complient with the officer's instructions. Including notifying the officer that there was a weapon in the car.

Now, one other thing to keep in mind. Even in this day and age, there are still places in the south where racism against blacks is prevalent. Now, I am not saying that is the case here, but it doesn't make sense for Sullivan to consent to the search if he knew that there was marijuana in the car.

Damn people. You whine and complain about guys like Borges and Cafardo being vultures. You are no better than them with the comments you've been making about Sullivan in this thread.

Thank you for logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye