PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suh a Danger to His Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost in Suh's stupidity, and Detroit giving the refs carpal tunnel from throwing flags, is the Lions held the Packers to 7 points halfway through the third quarter and may have given the blueprint in how to slow down the Packers.

Lost in Suh's stupidity, and Detroit giving the refs carpal tunnel from throwing flags, is the Lions held the Packers to 7 points halfway through the third quarter and may have given the blueprint in how to slow down the Packers.

Other than Suh that lopsided flag blizzard launched on the lions was grossly unjustified. a few legit penalties accompanied by a few hundred flags. GB couldn't move the ball bunny hopping distance until the field was gripped with yellow fever.

An offensive PI call offset by a late hit on Rodgers was summed up via dumbfounded commentators muttering something to the effect of "um..did you....what was.....that doesn't look right" "yeah, that was just a bad call"

favoritism sucks, for us or anyone else.

Dear Roger GoodHell, please tell your striped elf gestapo not to bury us in yellow this coming nfl christmas.:cool:

I was curious to see what the reaction would be from Detroit:

Columnists | Ndamukong Suh and Lions melt under the hot spotlight | The Detroit News
This was their moment and they blew it. More pointedly, Ndamukong Suh blew it.

This was the Lions' chance to stamp a mark of legitimacy on their season. Instead, Suh stomped a mark of lunacy, and a rollicking holiday turned ugly.

Suh plays on the edge and this time he crossed it, no matter how fervently he denies it. Suh and his teammates showed their immaturity, which allowed the Packers to flex their power. Unbeaten Green Bay rolled to a 27-15 victory on Thanksgiving Day, pushed by a Suh stomp that changed the game, got him ejected and likely will get him suspended.

It was the most foolish act on a day of many, and it's inexcusable. And frankly, Suh's muddled explanation for his stomping motion at Green Bay offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith wasn't much better. He's brighter than this, and he's better than this. But until he addresses his on-field composure, he'll be perceived as dirty and dangerous, which is unfortunate. It's getting harder and harder to argue it's inaccurate.

Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh receives negative backlash after 'stomp' | MLive.com
Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh usually says he does not care about how other people perceive him.

That might be a good thing because he has received nothing but negative reaction for analysts and fans since Detroit's 27-15 loss against the Green Bay Packers yesterday.

Lions ticker: Was Suh play 'dumb' or just misunderstood? | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
On the bright side, Ndamukong Suh probably won't have to put in a special request for his next meeting with the commissioner.

Because unless Roger Goodell is color-blind, he probably won't see many gray areas in Thursday's little incident with Green Bay's Evan Dietrich-Smith -- instead of breaking cleanly after a third-quarter play, Suh dribbled his head on the turf and stomped on his arm.

A quick look at the comments section to these and some other articles in the Detroit papers and it appears Lions fans are split between blaming the refs for calling a bad game, and calling for punitive action against Suh.

Oh, I'm sure there's still plenty of people who want to say,"he's just passionate! Give me his nastiness any day!"

I'm one who'd "take" a high level of play, though it be fueled by nastiness. yesterday though, he crossed the line. Earned and Deserved his ejection.

I don't remember Suh being like this in college, he started when he hit the NFL. Hes smart enough to know better.

I was curious to see what the reaction would be from Detroit:

A quick look at the comments section to these and some other articles in the Detroit papers and it appears Lions fans are split between blaming the refs for calling a bad game, and calling for punitive action against Suh.

I would say fans have a valid point on both counts...

Suh is fortunate in that it's harder to retaliate on the field these days than it was back in the day when they let them play... Not only would players have taken care of him by now, they'd have taken care of his QB and probably a few other teamates...

Goodell has to make a stand and a statement here in part because of the times and because he's already given Suh more consideration that he warrants based on his talent and profile and marketability on a team the league desperately wanted to see reemerge as a contender.

It's probably also time for Goodell to come down on the team and it's HC for failing to address this behavior with their player. Suh should get at least a one game (in addition to his ejection) if not a two game suspension (based in part on the recent meeting) and the HC and team should get a six figure fine.

Bill would not have been pleading his players case on the sidelines. He'd have given his player that look that says you may be a talented SOB but you are an absolute situational jackass... Bill allows that they all make mistakes, including letting emotion get the best of them. But like any mental lapse or mistake if you keep repeating it he holds you accountable to the team for what is essentially lack of discipline. Schwartz seems so intent on winning for winning sake or his career's sake that he doesn't hold players accountable. He's trying to build his team up as one to be feared rather than respected. It's a very short sighted approach. Didn't work in Tennessee, either.

Glad we are not in that division and have to face the Lions and Suh 2 times a year.

We would be starting Mallett eventually after Brady got mauled by this maniac.

Re: How can we eliminate the 3 and outs?

The kid's got a very big head and a big temper, and is one the very best players in the league. If coaching can deal with murderers and wife-beaters, it can deal with Suh. For me, the issue is almost 100% coaching.

With regard to the league, I understand how much folks here hate the commissioner. That is their privilege. Under Rozelle, I suspect this likely would have been a non-incident. Under the current administration, player safety is much, much more important.

I suspect that Suh is looking at a 1-3 game suspension. He is a repeat offender. His/this style of "play" is not acceptable in the current nfl. He shows no remorse for his actions, other than his getting caught and affecting his team.

The league will continue to take stands to try to protect safety, sometimes going too far. A player who thinks this is OK behavior will learn otherwise (coaching should do this) or face a continued flow of flags, ejections and suspensions.

Last edited:
Suh is so talented that I want to root for him but I can't on account of him being such a scumbag. At this point I hope an OL takes out his legs before Suh ends somebody's career who doesn't deserve it.

I think Suh actually likes the reputation of being a dirty player.

I would say fans have a valid point on both counts...

Suh is fortunate in that it's harder to retaliate on the field these days than it was back in the day when they let them play... Not only would players have taken care of him by now, they'd have taken care of his QB and probably a few other teamates...

Goodell has to make a stand and a statement here in part because of the times and because he's already given Suh more consideration that he warrants based on his talent and profile and marketability on a team the league desperately wanted to see reemerge as a contender.

It's probably also time for Goodell to come down on the team and it's HC for failing to address this behavior with their player. Suh should get at least a one game (in addition to his ejection) if not a two game suspension (based in part on the recent meeting) and the HC and team should get a six figure fine.

Bill would not have been pleading his players case on the sidelines. He'd have given his player that look that says you may be a talented SOB but you are an absolute situational jackass... Bill allows that they all make mistakes, including letting emotion get the best of them. But like any mental lapse or mistake if you keep repeating it he holds you accountable to the team for what is essentially lack of discipline. Schwartz seems so intent on winning for winning sake or his career's sake that he doesn't hold players accountable. He's trying to build his team up as one to be feared rather than respected. It's a very short sighted approach. Didn't work in Tennessee, either.

Double like. Roid rage, HGH hate, PCP freakout. I don't care. And I don't care how many cancer babies he has kissed. That doesn't make this ok.

Suspend. Fine. Repeat.

Last edited:
2-3 games and 100 K sounds about right.

When you suspend a player, he forfeits his game check--that's the fine. I don't think there would be a suspension AND a fine. I expect a significant suspension from the commish--at least 2-3 games and the rest of the season wouldn't surprise me.

When you suspend a player, he forfeits his game check--that's the fine. I don't think there would be a suspension AND a fine. I expect a significant suspension from the commish--at least 2-3 games and the rest of the season wouldn't surprise me.
Thanks, either i didn't know that o0r had forgoten, so if he got a One game suspension it would be more than 100K.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots