PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suggs: Pats don't Double-Team Anyone and looking to take Advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
On NFLN, Suggs told Steve Wyche that the Pats haven't double teamed anyone all year and as soon as he spots single-coverage he's going straight for Brady. This can't be right, can it? I'm sure we've double teamed people plenty of times this year. Maybe it's because the defenses we've played are not that great overall with the exception of the Steelers and Giants.

Also, from Joe Flacco's comments earlier this week, I get the feeling that the Ravens on offense are going to be aggressive. Forget Ray Rice setting the tone of this game - Flacco is going to come out slinging it.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting a big bullseye on you for the refs to notice T-Sizzle...

On NFLN, Suggs told Steve Wyche that the Pats haven't double teamed anyone all year and as soon as he spots single-coverage he's going straight for Brady. This can't be right, can it? I'm sure we've double teamed people plenty of times this year. Maybe it's because the defenses we've played are not that great overall with the exception of the Steelers and Giants.

Also, from Joe Flacco's comments earlier this week, I get the feeling that the Ravens on offense are going to be aggressive. Forget Ray Rice setting the tone of this game - Flacco is going to come out slinging it.

If we don't double team anyone and he has to look for a one on one matchup ...well, this guy might be dumber than he looks.

via bedard twitter

If I'm the Ravens, I get Ngata to cross the face of Mankins into the A gap and rush a guy in the vacated gap.

Mankins has trouble with stunts. He sees them too late. Conversely, Waters is terrific at stunts. Always has head on a swivel.

Our offensive line must be freaking amazing.

To think, it was that easy all along for defenses.

" Flacco is going to come out slinging it. "

Look for the long ball to Boldin, early and often. It's obviously our biggest weakness, and has been all year.

Last edited:
Any chance Gronk piggy-backs him into the endzone today? I've already got the perfect caption in mind - "Atlas, Sugged" :D

Look for the long ball to Boldin, early and often. It's obviously our biggest weakness, and has been all year.

i was also thinking Torrey Smith. I don't know if our DBs can keep up with him. Plus Pitta and ****son are decent TEs.

I very expect this to happen..

This is false, the pats are 2nd in the league in not letting the long ball beat them. Now allowing 20 yard plays, that's a different story.

Note: long ball or deep pass plays consist of 40+ yard plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes