Welcome to PatsFans.com

Suggestion To Improve The New iPad

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Wolfpack, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They should make it more portable. Shrink it down to, say, the size of a pocket calculator. Yeah. If they did that to the iPad, then iWould totally buy it.

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,657 / 33 / -55

No Jersey Selected

I'd say so...

[​IMG]

I guess it's supposed to be the iPhone version of a computer? :confused:

3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All kidding aside, I am a happy iPhone owner and I am considering the iPad but not really sure it will be worth it. Other than being bigger (obviously) it really doesn't seem to have any benefits. Their big selling point is that you can read books on it, but I am still one of those silly people that actually prefers the look and feel of ink on paper.

I'll probably wait a year for the price to come down to $399 then pick one up on sale.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +823 / 7 / -2

What is it supposed to do, that a laptop, or netbook can't? Also, that screen is going to get abused no? I'm sure it will sell, cuz just about every apple product does. My wife and my best friend have the iphone, and I do love it. I'm debating between moving to an iphone when my sprint deal is up, or just getting a Palm Pre. Sprint's plan is a lot cheaper.

5. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,915 / 11 / -21

#61 Jersey

It seems sort of odd, like a step between an iPhone and a regular laptop without the telephone application or significant memory. The top-end model only has 64 gigs and at that point you're approaching $1k with a few small accessories tossed in.

I also wonder how the screen is protected from dents and scratches.

6. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

They should put a projector in the new version so you could project a large screen version of your pics/movies on a screen/white wall. That would be huge.

I'm also disappointed in only 16G with a max of 64. My ipod nano has 16G, the base model should start with 64 and go up from there.

Also a name that does not bring feminine products to mind would have been nice.

7. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

My first Mac had a 30 MB drive so I bought an external 100 MB drive. Thought I was set for a while. :D

My iPhone 3GS has a 32 Gig drive and I haven't come close to half filling it. Even with apps (Including TomTom), all my MP3s and some videos including full concerts. Since this has a bigger screen you would want larger resolution video but, for what this is I don't see the HD sizes as a problem. Personally I have a MacBook Pro and an iPhone as I mentioned so I have no need for this. I was working for Apple when the first iPod came out and I could buy one at half price ($200) but, I couldn't see spending even that much for one then.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  8. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +323 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

I have an itouch myself :confused:

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +823 / 7 / -2

Hmm...I touch myself. Is that the same thing? Well, at least it's cheaper. :D