PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suggestion for teams that don't like the Pats "running up the score"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
When you feel the game has gotten to the point that any additional points scored by the Patriots would be "disrespectful": Concede the game.

If you don't want the big bad Patriots to score on you anymore, concede the game and stop playing. I don't see why one team should have to stop trying and another not, so if other teams want us to stop trying, then they should just forfeit the game in the 3rd quarter when it gets too disrespectful for them.

I have no idea if this is in the rule books or anything, but really, if teams are really that disrespected, they should quit the game, stop playing, and concede us the game with the score as is. That's what they're asking us the Pats to do, so why should the Pats ask any less of them?

Last edited:
Buffalo did it one time. It was a 2pt conversion or something, I think when Bledsoe had the hook in his finger.

So buffalo still remains the only team to be able to stop our 2nd stringers from scoring that "F YOU" TD...

Those who want the pats to stop trying have no pride. Why the hell would you want another team to LET you do anything? What a lack of pride and dignity to demand another to GIVE you something because you can't EARN it for yourself. PITIFUL!

Why can't I be pissed that the Redskins risked further injury for everyone trying their damndest to score 1 TD with no chance to win while it was 52-0? Why don't they just stop playing, why do we have to!

When you feel the game has gotten to the point that any additional points scored by the Patriots would be "disrespectful": Concede the game.

If you don't want the big bad Patriots to score on you anymore, concede the game and stop playing. I don't see why one team should have to stop trying and another not, so if other teams want us to stop trying, then they should just forfeit the game in the 3rd quarter when it gets too disrespectful for them.

You are absolutely correct on this one. Thanks for providing me with a response to the haters. :yeahthat:

BB and the Pats as usual are way ahead of everyone on this issue. It would be painfully obvious in the NFL, especially now with this team, if they did anything to let up--e.g. kick a field goal on 4th and 1 when way up. Everyone reacting just looks at the touchdown that results from going for it and says they are running up the score. If instead, the Pats "extended professional courtesy" by kicking or kneeling, that would play out just as bad or worse with the other teams and press; e.g. can you see these:

"they are disrespecting us by not playing the game hard for 60 minutes"

"they are just so arrogant, even when they try to not pile on"

"We're professionals, don't demean us by letting up"

BB and the Pats as usual are way ahead of everyone on this issue. It would be painfully obvious in the NFL, especially now with this team, if they did anything to let up--e.g. kick a field goal on 4th and 1 when way up. Everyone reacting just looks at the touchdown that results from going for it and says they are running up the score. If instead, the Pats "extended professional courtesy" by kicking or kneeling, that would play out just as bad or worse with the other teams and press; e.g. can you see these:

"they are disrespecting us by not playing the game hard for 60 minutes"

"they are just so arrogant, even when they try to not pile on"

"We're professionals, don't demean us by letting up"

Exactly. As I and others have said numerous times. The ONLY decision on these 4th down plays is to go for it. Field goals have only 1 purpose... points when points are needed. And intentionally turning the ball over is the biggest slap in the face to the opposition, saying "You suck so bad, here's the ball".

A team can't concede, that's why they have kneel-downs instead of just calling it a day. What they need to do is stop us, and if they can't, too effing bad. Getting paid 6 or 7 figures to play a game, even if you get your ass handed to you, isn't so bad.

A team can't concede, that's why they have kneel-downs instead of just calling it a day. What they need to do is stop us, and if they can't, too effing bad. Getting paid 6 or 7 figures to play a game, even if you get your ass handed to you, isn't so bad.

Interesting, didn't know there wasn't a forfeit rule. Well, then the other team should kneel every time they have the ball. If they are passing, no reason Pats can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes