PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suggestion for a General Rule this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Let's see what we can do about continuing to keep this site as free and clear of commoners like the Seahawks TROLL Who just came in here, in staying disciplined about NOT responding to their specific threads at all. Obviously, Ian and/or the Mods will make a point of locking/clearing out such threads, but the more we can stay OUT of them altogether, the more quickly they'll die the quick deaths they deserve, as they sink to the back of the line.

If people want to reply and smack them down, obviously that's their prerogative, but I just wanted to throw out my two cents in hopes that we can keep patsfans.com the unique site it has been for years.

Thanks for reading.

Crap, I suppose I should have read this thread before I read the Seahawk thread. :bricks:

lol - oh well. Maybe hold yourself back starting....NOW.

So far my advice isn't going so well. Therefore...BUMP. Please, Sanity, show your face.

AGREED....Those posts are too childish to even waste my time reading.For those.Unless I recognize the thread starter as one of our own.I won't bother..Good Thread.

thank you. And this does not take a lot of effort, just the tiniest bit of discipline. Bump.

patsox23 said:
So far my advice isn't going so well. Therefore...BUMP. Please, Sanity, show your face.

Sorry.....

I'll admit it, I got sucked it. But no more.

Slagathor said:
Sorry.....

Don't worry about it. Just a suggestion for the season as we move forward. My thread title isn't clear enough so it may take fits and starts until the word gets out.

Please bear in mind I do respect the fact that it may be very difficult to lay off ANYONE who invokes the phrase "Sue Bird of the WNBA?!!" LOL! Let's do our best.

Last edited:
Isn't there some sort of interleague forum that this can be sent to automatically by the mods? That way, most users don't even have to bother with threads like this if they don't want to.

Generally they do that, but that thread got posted pretty late on the East Coast, so it'll have to wait 'til the morning.

Haha. This guy is back? He has an IQ of about 10. Love the WNBA reference....how about the Lou Pinella reference? Gotta love it when you reference a MANAGER that never won anything. What a MAroon...hope he realizes that Lou played for the Yankees and THAT is what he is known for not anything to do with the pathetic Mariners. I really hope they ban him as he is posting in the wrong forum and did the same crap before.

Bump. Great post 23!

There are OK trolls and then ther are numbnut trolls. I guess we need to take them on a case by case basis.

I have no problem having a little fun with a troll unless they start going over the top.

We have more mods this year and as soon as things start going south on a troll thread, they will move it, I'm sure.

I don't think the solution is to automatically move all troll threads off the board.

the best solution is restraint...JUST SAY NO...if we don't take the bait, there's no issue

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly with the last three posts. My point in starting this thread was not to say ALL TROLLS ARE BAD or that we always need the mods to step in - rather, it's to encourage those of us of discerning intellect to not take the bait of the obviously ridiculous trolls (not having fun but stirring *****) and to NOT reply to their threads at all, allowing them to fall off the page until the mods can clean up.

If enough people read the thread, I think we'll have a solid foundation to avoid the traps that would make this otherwise terrific site look a little bit...common. Thanks.

patsox23 said:
I agree wholeheartedly with the last three posts. My point in starting this thread was not to say ALL TROLLS ARE BAD or that we always need the mods to step in - rather, it's to encourage those of us of discerning intellect to not take the bait of the obviously ridiculous trolls (not having fun but stirring *****) and to NOT reply to their threads at all, allowing them to fall off the page until the mods can clean up.

If enough people read the thread, I think we'll have a solid foundation to avoid the traps that would make this otherwise terrific site look a little bit...common. Thanks.

Bump bump bump bump

patsox23 said:
Let's see what we can do about continuing to keep this site as free and clear of commoners like the Seahawks TROLL Who just came in here, in staying disciplined about NOT responding to their specific threads at all. Obviously, Ian and/or the Mods will make a point of locking/clearing out such threads, but the more we can stay OUT of them altogether, the more quickly they'll die the quick deaths they deserve, as they sink to the back of the line.

If people want to reply and smack them down, obviously that's their prerogative, but I just wanted to throw out my two cents in hopes that we can keep patsfans.com the unique site it has been for years.
Personally I agree, but I think the flavor of the forum should be up to Ian. It's his site, after all, and he has control over what happens simply by the mods he selects and what he tells them.

If he wants to move troll threads to the Inter-league forum, he can. If he doesn't, it's because he prefers it that way.

For the life of me, I cannot see why ANYONE would post on the fan site of another team, but obviously people do. I'm probably just too old and frumpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes