PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suggestion about a book about the NE Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best book to have on the history on every player and every game of the New England Patriots was recently published by Triumph Books and it is called "Total Patriots" the definitive encyclopedia of the World Class Franichise.

pls let me know yr opinion about this one, tks

Non l'ho letto nemmeno io! :D I haven't read those books yet, but I would like to know if someone read those books.

If you're interested on amazon there is a preview, withe the contents table, and some pages to read etc...

The only book that I read about the Patriots are: Patriot Reign and Education of a Coach. I have also Scouting Methods by Steve Belichick but it isn't about the Patriots... :D :D :D

Non l'ho letto nemmeno io! :D I haven't read those books yet, but I would like to know if someone read those books.

If you're interested on amazon there is a preview, withe the contents table, and some pages to read etc...

The only book that I read about the Patriots are: Patriot Reign and Education of a Coach. I have also Scouting Methods by Steve Belichick but it isn't about the Patriots... :D :D :D

i read only 1 (Felger: Tales from the Patriots sideline) and i decided to take some more Pats related books step by step from now

i will give priority to the books with the whole-full history since day 1

good...i received today 2 and now i ordered another one...thks to the suggestions

I read "Then Belichick Said to Brady" a few months ago. It was o.k.-Not as good as "Patriot Reign." Think I'll look for some of the others mentioned on this thread.

The New England Patriots, Triumph & Tragedy. The author is Larry Fox,
and the book was published in 1979 by Atheneum in New York.

It's by far the best book about the beginnings of the AFL and the Patriots.

you were right: this is a real awesome book

i bought it and it is fantastic

many thanks yr suggestion

again...a great great read

at the end i bought 4 - Triumph and Tragedy is really awesome

at the end i bought 4 - Triumph and Tragedy is really awesome

What are the best stories, Italian Pat. Are there any Clive Rush stories? It's not in libraries and, believe it or not, I need to wait to purchase anything, even that cheap.

I will buy it though, it seems like a real original Pats book, not a Felgie Cheesehead copy and paste.

Are you excited for the new season? I am totally psyched for all the talented young players. Love seeing my man Vince stepping up to be a leader.

Did you see he was playing QB with the defense against the offense? It sounded awesomely funny, I'll see where I pasted it and stick it in this thread.

FOR ITALIAN PAT:

A reporter questioning Vince Wilfork about the scrimmage where he played quarterback for the defense defended by the offense.

Q: When you broke down the film from yesterday's practice, was it a tough plane ride for you when you looked at [your] passing performance? I heard there was some Miami favoritism [with] the first pass to [Brandon] Meriweather. Some of those guys were saying, "what's going on?"
WILFORK: I'll tell you what. Meriweather will never get a pass from me again. We didn't even have pads on and he got the gator arms. He acted like he didn't want to catch the ball. I'll tell you what. The defense won. We won. We scored on the second series [out of four times]. Get the ball in the endzone. That's what we did. We did a really good job of that. But you know what, as I move forward, that's something that I have to look at the film and just study and see what the defense showed me out there and come back with another game plan.

Wilfork says no hard feelings with Burgess, calls out Meriweather - Projo Pats Blog

:rofl::rofl:

could you pls suggest me a book to buy with the history of the franchise from day 1 ? i have allready Tales from the Patriots sideline (M.Felger)

many thanks

For a good read about the early Pats I recomend Mike Holovak's old book. It's long out of print, so you'll have to dig for it, but it was fascinating.

What are the best stories, Italian Pat. Are there any Clive Rush stories? It's not in libraries and, believe it or not, I need to wait to purchase anything, even that cheap.

Yes, there are lots of stories. Some are specifically about Rush. This reads like a history of the team as well as the AFL. I didn't know the original AFL folks resisted Al Davis' inclusion into the league. If Minnesota hadn't been added to the NFL in the final moments of the formation of the league, Al Davis may just have become a coverall wearing mental patient in a California State mental hospital. The Broncos almost moved from Denver. The other owners had to prop up the Titans (Jets) due to failure.

The Patriots had a tough time finding a place to call home. Our teams of the mid 60s were excellent, but failed to keep adding talent so they withered away.

It covers the Stingley tragedy quite well.

It's in my public library, btw.

Last edited:
Yes, there are lots of stories. Some are specifically about Rush. This reads like a history of the team as well as the AFL. I didn't know the original AFL folks resisted Al Davis' inclusion into the league. If Minnesota hadn't been added to the NFL in the final moments of the formation of the league, Al Davis may just have become a coverall wearing mental patient in a California State mental hospital. The Broncos almost moved from Denver. The other owners had to prop up the Titans (Jets) due to failure.

The Patriots had a tough time finding a place to call home. Our teams of the mid 60s were excellent, but failed to keep adding talent so they withered away.

EDIT:

Never mind

It's just listed as New England Patriots by Larry Fox

Thanks. I think I might have run across this years ago.

Last edited:
For a good read about the early Pats I recomend Mike Holovak's old book. It's long out of print, so you'll have to dig for it, but it was fascinating.

pls be so kind to let me know the title - thks a lot

I will buy it though, it seems like a real original Pats book, not a Felgie Cheesehead copy and paste.

Are you excited for the new season? I am totally psyched for all the talented young players. Love seeing my man Vince stepping up to be a leader.

Did you see he was playing QB with the defense against the offense? It sounded awesomely funny, I'll see where I pasted it and stick it in this thread.

as Dragda said there are really many stories: it is a really beautiful book that covers, imho, at best the '60 and a big part of '70

ps = yes - i'm excited about this season : i saw now Pats @ Falcons and we playied very very well : nice...

Forza Patrioti !

Oh, thanks, BTW. I edited that out by mistake when I changed my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back