Suggestion about a book about the NE Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
could you pls suggest me a book to buy with the history of the franchise from day 1 ? i have allready Tales from the Patriots sideline (M.Felger)

many thanks

I know you were probably looking for something more specific, but check out this link. There's a few books on page one that i havent read yet, but sound good. Im just going to have to read them all :D

Amazon.com: new england patriots: Books

thanks; i will take a strong look on it/if you or someone else has some suggestions i will appreciate it - i'm looking something like Felger book with the history of the team

Not sure one exists with a pure history, Felger comes close... but may to read several to get a complete picture, for example Darryl Stingley offers some insight into a particular era, "Moving the Chains, Education of a Coach, the Chris Price book and Patriot Reign" offers a more recent view.. no easy one out on this one..

Early history was not very good for this team...

There's a DVD called the History of the New England Patriots...

many thanks

could you pls suggest me a book to buy with the history of the franchise from day 1 ? i have allready Tales from the Patriots sideline (M.Felger)

many thanks

Italian Pat, you may want to check this book out:
Amazon.com: Total Patriots: The Definitive Encyclopedia of the World-Class Franchise (9781600780998): Bob Hyldburg with Foreword By Gino Cappelletti: Books

Total Patriots, The Definitive Encyclopedia of the World-Class Franchise

Weighing in at a hefty 5.4 lbs, Total Patriots is the first and only comprehensive New England Patriots encyclopedia containing all the information every Patriot fan needs to know. Comprised not only of statistics, but also dramatic photographs, player profiles, compelling game-story recaps, and trivia, Total Patriots tells the who, what, where, how, and when of every dramatic offensive, defensive, and special teams play in the team's history. It is an invaluable reference tool no fan will want to be without.

A monumental work fifteen years in the making, Total Patriots will satisfy everyone's thirst for knowledge, from the casual fan to the totally obsessed fanatic. Updated through the 2008 season and playoffs, it includes all of the more than 960 players who have ever worn the uniform.

From the early greats of the old AFL, such as Gino Cappelletti and Nick Buoniconti, to other stars of an earlier era like John Hannah and Steve Grogan, to the current Tom Brady led championship teams, Total Patriots is the ultimate reference book for every Patriots fan.

patriots-encyclopedia.jpg

thks you too

i have ordered for the moment 2 books

ps = buon 2010 - Happy 2010 !

Last edited:
thks you too

i have ordered for the moment 2 books

ps = buon 2010 - Happy 2010 !

From amazon?

Book Depository has free delivery. But there aren't all the books that amazon has in stock.

Last edited:
You can get the teams media guide from the Patriots ProShop

Official Patriots ProShop - 2009 Patriots Media Guide

This is something they come out with every year. It is not so much a great read as it is statistical results from season to season. They have one every year and are only $10.00.

I like them because the guide gives a back story on each player, physical attributes and accomplishments. It's definitely worth the money.

Some great suggestions in this thread; thanks to all who made them. I think I'll be getting a couple of them.

To my mind, Halberstam's treatise on Belichick, The Making of a Coach, is one of the finest sports books ever written. Halberstam's death was a tragedy by any measure (died in an auto accident on his way to interview Y. A. Tittle about the 1958 title game that most regard as the birth of the modern NFL), but, I had hoped that he would do at least a long follow-up article on Belichick after Spygate and the later part of his career.

Last edited:
The New England Patriots, Triumph & Tragedy. The author is Larry Fox,
and the book was published in 1979 by Atheneum in New York.

It's by far the best book about the beginnings of the AFL and the Patriots.

good catch! thanks.

One of the better books I've read is: Won for All : The Inside Story of the New England Patriots' Improbable Run to the Super Bowl by Pepper Johnson and Bill Gutman (Paperback - Jul 1, 2003). It came out after the first Super Bowl win. One Chapter would talk about game prep and coaching philosophy and the next chapter would discuss what the Patriots were dealing with on a weekly basis. Some great insight on the 2001 season inthis book.

Someone of you has read?:

Then Belichick Said to Brady: The Best New England Patriots Stories Ever Told (Donaldson)

or

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly New England Patriots: Heart-Pounding, jaw-Dropping, and Gut-Wrenching Moments from New England Patriots History (Glennon)

Last edited:

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly New England Patriots: Heart-Pounding, jaw-Dropping, and Gut-Wrenching Moments from New England Patriots History[/B] (Glennon)

pls let me know yr opinion about this one, tks

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly New England Patriots: Heart-Pounding, jaw-Dropping, and Gut-Wrenching Moments from New England Patriots History (Glennon)

I just got that one for Christmas, but I haven't started reading it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes