Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sudan woman shackled with baby, faces death by stoning:activists

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Aug 2, 2012.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +57 / 14 / -9

Sudan woman shackled with baby, faces death by stoning:activists - Yahoo! News

It is only a matter of time before we have World War III because of this religion.

Islam is not a religion of peace...... It is a religion of fanatics.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

No see there are no Islamic extremist Christians do this all the time. :D
  3. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

I note the silence of the people who think Chick Fil Owner is a monster....

Double Standards and blind eyes for all.
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +936 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Modern day savages who prefer the stone age.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

Dead Thread
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kill Zimmerman
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's an idiotic post. Comparing Sudanese culture with that of Indonesia and making a blanket statement about all Muslims only demonstrates the limitations of your intelligence and knowledge, along with your miniature-brained cohorts on this thread and everywhere else.

Now if you were to say that the Sudan culture is worthy of elimination, I would agree. Same with Afghanistan. But if either of those hell-holes were any other religion, the outcome would be the same. Culture often reflects geography.
  7. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

QFT Wista (bold part anyway)

Never heard of stoning as a punishment while I was in Indo.

Then again, even though it is the largest Muslim country on Earth, to your point, there are differences culturally.

Sure, there were groups in Indo that wanted "more Islam" in the culture/government/laws etc. But they definately were the minority. Indonesians, while culturally conservative by Western standards, were pretty moderate when compared to the Middle East. Our staff used to refer to them as the gila muslim (crazy Muslims)
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

Add Nigeria to the list of course.

Now to Indonesia there is militant Islamist violence there too even the NYT has noticed:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/22/opinion/no-model-for-muslim-democracy.html

and the Guardian another left wing rag:

Indonesian blasphemy law sparks Muslim violence in Java | World news | Guardian Weekly

Indonesia: Muslim violence against religious minorities "relentless" - Jihad Watch

Sadly this is among the more moderate Islamic countries.
  9. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

In certain parts if definitely happens 13, but in my 8 plus years there, never came across anyone (in Jakarta, Bali (hindu obviously), Yogyakarta, Bandung, Surabaya) that had outright hatred toward non-Muslims; at the marco level. Im sure a few, in their homes, would spout differing opinions.

Now, Sulawesi had issues when I was there, namely between Muslims and Christians, and had for sometime. One of our drivers was from Sulawesi, and a Christian, and was forcibly tattooed (in a yellow star/WW2 kinda way) to show to everyone he was a Christian.

Again, while it happened, they were more one off events, rather than "society as a whole" type events.
  10. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +214 / 3 / -4

Who thinks CFA is a monster?

How do the monstrous activities of religious people halfway across the world justify attempts in our own nation by other religious people to discriminate against our own citizens based on their religious beliefs?

Keep playing "my god is better than yours" -- that's the attitude that leads to this kind of religious violence and even the kind of religious wars cupofjoe fears.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

NOW YOU ARE A RACIST YOU SAID THE "S" WORD (savage)
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Hey thanks Chico for pointing this out. I was confused by the Sudanese woman's situation and a Chic Fil monster comparison.
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

Some of the posters on the Chick Fil A thread. I won't 'name names' as that could be construed as a personal attack.
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +214 / 3 / -4

Post #s, then -- though I don't see how quoting somebody's words could be construed as a personal attack.

edit: if it's ilikehappypeople, I just saw him/her refer to CFA as a hate group, so you can leave him / his/her posts out... but anybody else / any other posts?
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

If interested Chico just read the thread, I am not your gofer.

I post opinions try it.
  16. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Posting a new thread and making reference to another thread which has no bearing, other then a pissing contest, is a problem. Being a moderator, I would hope that you would be above that.
  17. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

When I lived in Sweden in the 1990s, I knew a police officer who would say to me every time we applied the death penalty, "You murdered another one." They thought we were as primitive as we think Sudan is.

That said, if you look at modern history, vastly more people have been murdered by countries founded out of an Christian ethos than a Muslim one. The reality is that WWI and II killed upwards of 125,000,000 people, most of them Christians, and then add to that the horrors of Stalin (Russia evolved out of a Christian ethos) and Colonialism, and using the same standard you're using, it's quite clear that Christianity is a religion of fanatics. (I really don't agree with what I just said, but believe I am using the same sort of ethnocentric reasoning that you are using.)
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

A poster in the other thread claimed that Chick FilA was donating to hate groups.
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +165 / 7 / -13

Now, now, neither Stalin nor Mao the 2 biggest murderers ever were Christian they were Communist atheist (or shall we refer to them by the current term 'progressive'?) who rejected Christian tenets and was their little cousins the Kim Family and Pol Pot. The Euro baddie AH rejected Christianity in Favor of Nordic Paganism as reflected in the worke of Gothe and the music of Wagner (a virulent anti semite).

Let's not rewrite history for the sake of spin.
  20. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

I didn't mention Mao, and again Stalin, like Hitler, the Colonialist leaders, the American founders, etc. came out of a Christian ethos. Stalin in fact studied to be a priest. My point is simply that Muslim countries certainly have their problems, but they did not give rise to the types of leaders that Christian countries gave rise to, either good leaders or bad ones. For whatever reason, Christian culture created the breeding ground for some of history's worse people, and frankly Colonialism, which is more directly associated with Christianity, caused the deaths of millions of people. But, again, I'm not defending the Muslim faith, I'm merely disagreeing the CupOfJoe's point. Religion is only part of the problem in either case. I think the west became more civilized as women gained more power; the governments of Muslim nations are very backwards in this regard.