Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sudan rejects US request to send Marines to secure embassy

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Hamar, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +468 / 3 / -3

#11 Jersey

2. UK_Pat37

UK_Pat37 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +84 / 7 / -10

#12 Jersey

3. Hamar

Ratings:
    +468 / 3 / -3

#11 Jersey

Well, the US embassy is considered US soil so...

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

People try to simplify this by black and white answers.. but there is much more, as much as it is our soil we have to get there. Sudan believes that if we reinforce our embassy it will lead for more unrest...

Now I understand we are pulling out of there and Yemen for the same reason.

The Sudanese government has a responsibilty to help keep the embassy safe, consider if the Egyptian Embassy came under seige in DC and there was chaos in the streets. The Egyptians could defend their embassy, but DC and the US would be responsible to keeping the peace in the streets..

5. Hamar

Ratings:
    +468 / 3 / -3

#11 Jersey

All good points. We are not talking about the grounds outside of the embassy though. At least not in whole. The embassy in Sudan is under attack, period. We either have our people protect it or pull them out and cut ties, period.

No more BS, this is not about a movie and anyone that thinks it is... well...

No more unprotected causalities. How many of the attackers were killed in the other embassy attacks?

6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

The hate and the anger is always there, the movie is the catalyst(excuse) for the violence..

As long as there are millions of unemployed, hopeless young people who are preyed upon by religious zealots this part of the world will be a tinderbox, with violence always ready to step off with any provocation..

7. UK_Pat37

Ratings:
    +84 / 7 / -10

#12 Jersey

And you have to fly through Sudan's air space or land in a Sudanese airport to get there. Or sail a shp through Sudanese waters.

Unfortunately, you need permission for that.

So clearly you can't do that, or your government wouldn't have asked. US laws apply behind those gates, but it doesn't mean you can just fly your military in.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

How dare the Sudan not want American troops on their soil! What are they? Insane? And look at their nasty news release. What a bunch of sickos!

Sudanese government apologizes to receive US special forces to protect its embassy in Khartoum

Khartoum, Sept 15 (SUNA)--the Sudanese government apologized to receive the U.S. special forces to protect the U.S. embassy in Khartoum. The spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affair said in a statement to SUNA that the Minister of Foreign Affairs ,. Ali Karti, has made, Friday, a telephone contact with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State in which the U.S. government has expressed desire to send special forces to protect its embassy in Khartoum after a series of protests against a US-made film defaming Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) engulfed in most countries of the Islamic world. The spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has indicated that the Foreign Minister has apologized for the reception of these forces, affirming Sudan's ability to protect the diplomatic missions in Khartoum and the State's obligation to protect its guests . It is to be noted that a U.S. official has said on Saturday that a team of U.S. Marines will be sent to Sudan to protect the U.S. diplomats in Khartoum after a series of protests engulfed Arab and Muslim countries over a US-made film insulting Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him).

9. Hamar

Ratings:
    +468 / 3 / -3

#11 Jersey

I am guessing that after Patters read my post he made a call and made it happen!

Or maybe, they blinked ;)

10. Hamar

Ratings:
    +468 / 3 / -3

#11 Jersey

Do you think that is really how it works? Our embassy is under attack and we have to wait for the host country to give permission? When it is Sudan? Really?

If the United States of America wants to send troops in to protect the embassy in Sudan they will send them in, period! Obama had no problem sending people into a country illegally to murder a person (and I approve 100%) so he better not have a problem doing them same to rescue American lives.

11. 1960Pats

1960Pats 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +418 / 33 / -33

#75 Jersey

Does anyone believe that our Apologist-In-Chief will take any blame for this mess? Even just a little? Of course not. I'm sure he and his lemmings will blame this on Bush, or better yet, Romney. Maybe if he goes to the middle east and kisses their asses they'll love us. Oh wait, he tried that already.

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

Early morning fantasy.. where did he apologize????

Know the right gets their rocks off by invading and killing, but people never come up with another solution that makes sense in this political world.

There is a progression in any situation, and some folks want to go to choice D before going through the first three options...

All the platitudes that erupted on this board during the Arab Spring, and there were those who beat their chests mightily about what Obama was doing.. but when the question was posed as to what they would do differently, all I heard was crickets..

13. 1960Pats

Ratings:
    +418 / 33 / -33

#75 Jersey

Too late. The lives have been lost. The time to do something to prevent this was before the attacks.

Try and imagine the uproar that we'd see from the left if this foreign relations nightmare happened under GWB's watch.

Our current President is clueless. Only a blind liberal would deny that fact.

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

Are you avoiding the question about where he apologized, keep up the hysteria we have come to expect this.

The right loves to sound like a victim, while beating their hollow drums that are based on the half truths they are fed on their dearly beloved blogs..

15. 1960Pats

Ratings:
    +418 / 33 / -33

#75 Jersey

Nobody here has tried to become President of the United States of America, and claimed to have all the answers. Barack Hussein Obama did.

I know what I would do if I were our leader, and it wouldn't be to go kiss the asses of our enemy. The folly of that is showing it's ugly face now.

Btw, the truth is that most of our wars were started by democrats.

16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

Lets start with the lies about most of our wars were started by Democrats.. but even though Cheney tried to change this, Congress has the authority to declare war.

WWII.. guess you are right there.. but the right just "followed" along, the right were all pacifists there as well.
    Viet Nam.. guess you are right there as well..
    War on Grenada.. guess you are wrong there
    Gulf War I... guess you are wrong there
    Crusade on Iraq.. guess you are wrong there
    Crusade on Afghanistan.. guess you are wrong there

Guess you are not paying attention, every presidential candidate claims to have all the answers and the goal is to convince the electorate that their way is the best way..

Keep tap dancing, you never answered the question.. because you rely on right wing blogs, that tell you lies...

Show where he "kissed the ass" of the "enemy", all you spout is right wing rhetoric that rings hollow for anyone with one iota of common sense..

17. 1960Pats

Ratings:
    +418 / 33 / -33

#75 Jersey

We? Exactly how many people do you feel that you represent here?

Unlike those on the left, I don't need to read some blog or some mediot to know what's happening. It's all there to see. It's as clear as the ears protruding from the side of the Muslim-In-Chief's liberal head.

If I'm coming across as a victim, it's only because I love this country and I see that, once again, innocent Americans have been killed. It may not be a big deal to lefties, as it puts their God in a bad light, but it's definitely a big deal to me.

It's funny how lefties will claim that GWB was responsible for the effects of a hurricane, but Barack Hussein Obama has no responsibility whatsoever for the results of his own policies.

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

No one ever said that GWB was responsible for the effects of a hurricane, but the agency in the executive branch of government(FEMA) were incredibly ineffective in responding to the needs of the people of NOLA....

You come across as a victim, because the right loves this role.. the bad media does it, someone else does it, the reality is that you allow it to happen and the wallowing in self pit ensues.. "their god in a bad light", interesting terminology..

So you cannot come up with a viable response to the question regarding the right wing bs about how Obama apologized, the reason being is that it is a lie...

19. UK_Pat37

Ratings:
    +84 / 7 / -10

#12 Jersey

That IS how it works. In any country. You have the right to evacuate and, with permission, bring in support. Without, all you can do is evacuate.

Sudan's government isn't attacking you....therefore you can hardly call it an act of war.

If you send them in, 'period', you're breaking international law.

20. 1960Pats

Ratings:
    +418 / 33 / -33

#75 Jersey

I like how you left out Korea and Bosnia and counted Iraq and Afghanistan separately. Using that kind of "logic" would give me a landslide victory just with WWII alone. Our soldiers went EVERYWHERE back then.

Speaking of paying attention;

A. I only brought the subject of wars up because of a false claim that it was republicans who bring us to wars, when it is clearly not just a republican issue. I think the word love was used to describe the republican attitude toward war.

B. My other point was because of a claim that people here on this board didn't have solutions in the past. I was merely trying to point out that nobody here asked for the job. The Liar-In-Chief did.

I think you're being redundant with the blog whine. Like I keep saying, the truth is as clear to see as the ears protruding from the side of his head.