PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Succinct summary of Kraft's misplaced belief and its ramifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Simple yet insightful article that shows the world the unjust penalties Kraft was duped into accepting:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/patriots-made-2-huge-concessions-154423155.html

Mad that the ex-Jet Goodell's NFL considered Kraft, the players and us fans as floor-mats and expected us to keep quiet @ whatever **** they keep throwing at us.

The apathy and disgust I have towards NFL and BSPN will disappear only when Brady holds another SB and gives a finger on national TV to Godawfuldell.

Clearly the time for Bob Kraft to step down and turn over the franchise to Jonathan is overdue.
I only hope that the younger Kraft has learned from his father's grossly mistaken judgement.
Absolutely correct sir!!!

I really don't wanna be reminded of Bob Kraft's cowardice or its impact on this franchise.

The sooner we win our next Super Bowl, the sooner I can forget that this disaster ever happened

"The NFL said, during that period in time in which the Krafts were trying to do as much as they could to ingratiate themselves for [Goodell], 'Are you going to suspend them, or are we?'" Curran told Dan Patrick. "The Patriots said, 'Well, we're trying to do things they want us to do, we'll suspend them.'"

Wow. I remember when the report first came out that the NFL had asked the Patriots to suspend McNally and Jastremski and, of course, the NFL immediately struck that report down, as they are accustomed to do when it serves their purposes. If what Curran is saying is true, that was just another lie from Goodell and company. Unbelievable.

Making concessions like these and all the other assistance the Patriots offered the investigation is being uncooperative, according the Bob McNair.

Simple yet insightful article that shows the world the unjust penalties Kraft was duped into accepting:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/patriots-made-2-huge-concessions-154423155.html

Mad that the ex-Jet Goodell's NFL considered Kraft, the players and us fans as floor-mats and expected us to keep quiet @ whatever **** they keep throwing at us.

The apathy and disgust I have towards NFL and BSPN will disappear only when Brady holds another SB and gives a finger on national TV to Godawfuldell.

Technically Pats broke ball handling procedure, although it was the refs duty to oversee bringing the balls to the field, and never before enforced at that. Look how difficult it has been for TB (who is innocent) to overturn his BOGUS penalties. NE the organization would have no chance at success IMO and even that that would mean unleashing the Nuclear Option vs the NFL. RK might have thought the same, the whys of which, having already been discussed here ad infinitum.

Making concessions like these and all the other assistance the Patriots offered the investigation is being uncooperative, according the Bob McNair.
To be fair Bob's suggestion was to throw the equipment guys under the bus right from the get go. Apparently not immediately admitting guilt and tossing the easiest scape goat under the bus is challenging Rog's authority.

Kraft's no victim, he has no one to blame but himself. Fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me. Goodell pulled the same **** with spygate and Kraft's response to that was to become Goodell's biggest supporter despite his mind-boggling stupidity and to bump his salary to $44,000,000 a year.

If it was the Patriots that suspended Jastremski and McNally, then why do they have to get Troy Vincent's approval to reinstate them?

If it was the Patriots that suspended Jastremski and McNally, then why do they have to get Troy Vincent's approval to reinstate them?

Because the league added its own, overriding suspension.

"The NFL said, during that period in time in which the Krafts were trying to do as much as they could to ingratiate themselves for [Goodell], 'Are you going to suspend them, or are we?'" Curran told Dan Patrick. "The Patriots said, 'Well, we're trying to do things they want us to do, we'll suspend them.'"

Wow. I remember when the report first came out that the NFL had asked the Patriots to suspend McNally and Jastremski and, of course, the NFL immediately struck that report down, as they are accustomed to do when it serves their purposes. If what Curran is saying is true, that was just another lie from Goodell and company. Unbelievable.

Of the many many things that are frustrating about this fiasco, the one that may (or may not) be most appalling is Goodell's verifiable lies, deceit and conspicuous lack of a sense of fair play being called out by precious few. All cable news and all network news led their newscasts with a story that boiled down to barely more than a wisp of air missing from a football, maybe. Yet Goodell's/The NFL's incredible power being used conspicuously, slimy and dishonorable to harm someone barely gets a mention (except from a precious few side media people like Steph for sure, Florio, a few like Wetzel).

Look, I know the media as a collective is largely a bunch of low hanging fruit slugs. Media/journalistic integrity is a myth. They are essentially ad companies that chat up interesting 'goings on'. Yet normally when given a fat pitch like an unlikable crumb Goodell using his power for lies and deceit would elicit significant media attention. This should be a story that media wants.

Since most media isn't jumping on it I have to believe the power of the NFL's reach is
so significant it causes quiet frowning on this underbelly story by the media execs/managers. Put another way, if Google or Facebook had been exposed publicly/in court for such conspicuously slimy, dishonorable and unfair things against one of their star employees, you would definitely hear about it in the media. Yet Goodell, someone already widely viewed negatively and who fits the perfect mold for media nedative attention, gets served up on a platter but gets a pass from most corners.
I guess what it comes down to: as long as you have the power to make network and cable TV stations tremble you have great latitude/freedom to act like this.

"I was willing to accept the harshest penalty in the history of the NFL for an alleged ball violation because I believed it would help exonerate Tom," he said. "I was wrong to put my faith in the league."

this statement tell us all, that he is making fool of us

"I was willing to accept the harshest penalty in the history of the NFL for an alleged ball violation because I believed it would help exonerate Tom," he said. "I was wrong to put my faith in the league."

this statement tell us all, that he is making fool of us

More like making a fool out of himself

I'll always be grateful towards Kraft for what he's done for this franchise...always. But the day he capitulated to Goodell is the day he lost my respect... and he's done nothing to regain it.

More like making a fool out of himself

I'll always be grateful towards Kraft for what he's done for this franchise...always. But the day he capitulated to Goodell is the day he lost my respect... and he's done nothing to regain it.
and he ll do nothing to regain it, expect when pats fans will be near him he ll talk how NFl overblown deflategate. os that fans wont boohim

i dont get it...in which way his capitulation would help Brady??????
trolling fans yes, helping brady still dont get it.

Pacificism and capitulation has worked as well for Bob as it did for Neville Chamberlain before WWII. I just hope that Kraft realizes that because of his relationship with the POS, he can no longer be an effective owner for the Pats and its fans and turns the team over to Jonathan.

Last edited:
and he ll do nothing to regain it, expect when pats fans will be near him he ll talk how NFl overblown deflategate. os that fans wont boohim

i dont get it...in which way his capitulation would help Brady??????
trolling fans yes, helping brady still dont get it.

I'm not agreeing with Kraft's decision. I was incredibly disappointed by it. And in the end, he was wrong. But it's pretty easy to understand how he thought it might help. Again, not agreeing with it, but it wasn't a crazy thought. It was pretty rational actually.

In essence, Kraft was giving Goodell a way to save face without having to go after Brady. Goodell and the NFL blew up this issue to ridiculous proportions. At the time, we had no idea what was true or not due to all the leaks and the league intentionally withholding key information. Then it turned out to be a ridiculous farce. By that point, Goodell's ego wouldn't let him just shrug it off. He needed blood to justify everything or admit he was wrong.

By conceding a pound of flesh from the Patriots, Kraft was allowing Goodell to tell the owners he had done his job, even though he botched it. If he had stopped there, the owners would have been satisfied, the team would have been heavily-penalized, the rest of the world would have assumed us guilty of all charges in this kangaroo court, and Brady would have been spared. It actually makes a lot of sense.

Where it went awry was Goodell getting greedy and using this to try and leverage the league vs. the NFLPA. It became more about the CBA and future battles after he got his ass handed to him in the Peterson and Rice cases, and he wanted to prove his authority to the NFLPA.

Obviously it was a terrible decision by Kraft. I absolutely hated it when he made it, and it still disgusts me today. But his thought process is understandable, even if I disagree with it.

Obviously it was a terrible decision by Kraft. I absolutely hated it when he made it, and it still disgusts me today. But his thought process is understandable, even if I disagree with it.

It's only really understandable, if you take the position that it's ok to consider the feelings of the other owners in the league - above the coaches, players, and fans of your own team, the people who made you a billionaire in the first place.

Pacificism and capitulation has worked as well for Bob as it did for Neville Chamberlain before WWII. I just hope that Kraft realizes that because of his relationship with the POS, he can no longer be an effective owner for the Pats and its fans and turns the team over to Jonathan.

Okay. Outline in detail what Bob could have done to fight the pick loss and fine.

There is nothing he could have done because he signed an agreement not to sue the league. He could have appealed but that would have went nowhere because Goodell would have been the one hearing it (and we all know what a dummy the guy is and how convinced he is that the Pats did something).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes