Welcome to PatsFans.com

Stupidity from John Clayton

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ctpatsfan77, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 18 / -8

#3 Jersey

Umm . . . if you're arguing that the Pats will have trouble winning more than 11 games, then:

(A) you're already assuming the Pats are probably going to lose to San Diego anyways, so what difference would not having Belichick make?

(B) aren't you're also arguing that the JEST (or, even more improbably, the Bills or Dolphins) can do better in their 12 games against common opponents than the Patriots can?

About the only difference a suspension would have made is whether or not the Pats have a first-round bye, not whether they make the playoffs or not.

2. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thats why we lose a first round pick if we make the playoffs. Goodell pretty much knows that. How he doesn't makes me wonder? Did he forget how pathetic the rest of the division is?

3. CT_Pats_Fan

CT_Pats_Fan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Isn't the title of this thread redundant?

4. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +450 / 6 / -1

#61 Jersey

Yes,

perhaps Mr. peabody could use the WayBack Machine to step back in time and rewrite his column. Or maybe find a Proctologist to help unstick his head.....

5. feelthepain

feelthepain Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If the Pats are so good, why cheat???

6. PF1996

PF1996 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Man...the media isn't even trying to pretend that this is about "punishment for breaking the rules". They just don't want to see the Pats make the playoffs and win the SB. These guys are sad....

7. ColtsTroll

ColtsTroll Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"Expect the Competition Committee to receive approval on using radio communication systems for defensive players. That eliminates the need for hand signals unless the equipment breaks down. The systems will cost owners several hundred thousand dollars. The last vote for the system failed by three votes. For what it's worth, Belichick voted against using radio communication on defense."

What a disgrace of a man. You guys got off easy. At least your 3 super bowls will now have a big asterisk next to them.

Wonder how you'll fare without cheating from now on. You may beat lesser teams but know this, when you face the Colts in Indy you'll realize how much harder we are to beat when you're not cheating. Brace yourselves.

8. JJDChE

JJDChE 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If you're this bored you should seriously think about taking up a hobby, like knitting or GFY.

9. mykl

mykl On the Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Where'd Sean Salisbury go? At least someone was being supportive over at ESPN...now everything is quite negative.

10. sebman2112

sebman2112 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Look at the Patriots schedule and tell me for sure they aren't going to win more than 11 games.... Yea I could see them losing 4 or maybe even five games on their schedule but I don't see any of the games on their schedule as a sure lose. and I could almost as easily see them only losing 1-2 games.

What's funny is Clayton still has the Patriots as his SB team but for some reason he thinks their only going to win 11 games?

11. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

These are all good points on this thread, but the thing is, Clayton reminds me of those bobbleheads. You know, great for the short attention span theatre crowd, but it's entertainment value wears off almost as soon as you've seen it.

12. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Well, because they don't cheat! And yes, they are good.

13. feelthepain

feelthepain Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Really? Then I guess Goodell just needed to pimp his ride and the Pats just happen to be the unlucky victims.

14. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +114 / 9 / -3

So, you're saying the Pats aren't good, and now that they can't cheat, they'll lose and also not win the Super Bowl this year? Is that you're argument?

What will you say if they win the Super Bowl?

15. DonBlackmon55

DonBlackmon55 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Once we win our 4th, him and the rest of the Wallyworld Doofin fans crawl back into the closest Sea World and hang with Flipper.

16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm braced!! Wish we played the Colts this weekend. Mm-m-m. GOD, I wish is was this Sunday!! But, that's OK. We got the Chargers. I'm looking forward to them.

You want to see how this team feels about being regarded as "cheaters"?? Tune in Sunday.

//

17. DonBlackmon55

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We don;t need to convince anybody, just like the Packers (gambling scandal), Steelers(Sterioids), and 49'ers and Broncos(Cap cheaters) did not have to.

They are all viewed as dynasties, and so are we ! Take it to bank - staight cash homey :D

18. DonBlackmon55

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

hmmm success makes athletes lazy.........ok. let me just focus on the past 15 yrs for the #84 genious

1. Jordan and Bulls - 6 in 8
    2. Shaq + Kobe Lakers of 90's - 3 straight
    3. Pats - 3 in 6
    4. Tiger........What a lazy athlete he is, just can't seem to win much
    5. Roger Federer........um yep. another hasbeen who can't do much
    6. Yankees of late 90's - 4 in 5.......yep lazy bones like Jeter, O'Neill
    7. Jersey Devils + Red Wings - yep, another bunch of overpaid successful lazy hockey players who've only managed to win 6 of last 12 Stanley Cups

Care to respond ?

19. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Change "cheat" to "vidoetape" and that is the question that has all Pats fans scratching their heads.

All teams steal signals. The Dolphins admitted it last year. The question is not cheating, it is videotaping.

The Pats are good. So why the videotaping? I dunno.

20. Mark Morse

Mark Morse PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

Technically, they didn't cheat! Nowhere in the Comissioners ruling did he say they cheated. Goddell did state the Patriots DID NOT receive a competitive advantage!

It is legal to video tape opposing coaches as long as its not within the confines of the team coaching area. They can do it from the stands, from a luxury box, they could do an audio tape (sound familiar Dolphins Fans) describing the sognals and down and distance.

Zach Thomas admitted the Dolphins had ana audio / video of all of Brady's audibles.

This ruling is hypocritical and the league is trying to use Belicheck and the Patriots as an example.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.