PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stupid press tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long gone are the days when writers wrote factual information it seems.

welcome to the Chicken Little-ization of sports media as we know it today...where, unless it's all "REAL BAD!!!!!", nothing else is deemed newsworthy. Twitter has created this "sportsarazzi" class of sensationalistic phrase turners who seemingly have an endless compulsion to dwell on the negative.

it is what it is...

It seems as though almost 50% of all social media is the spreading of false information anymore.

It's almost like a bad game of "telephone," which I remember from my early kindergarden days. One person runs with something false and the next thing you know it must be the gospel truth :eek:

Quality on Bleacher runs the gamut from pure dead wrong rants to unique insightful perspective because of the dynamic range of contributors, so it's silly to get panties in a wad over some fans' attempt to trash a player or team they dislike. I remember their worst contributor ever, NEM.

I would have loved to read some of those. He could have a weekly column called NEM's Gems.

O/U on times he'd use "Josh McDumbass" in his first article? I'd take the over on 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down