Welcome to PatsFans.com

Stunning Democrat Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jun 3, 2012.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +152 / 7 / -13

So we haer that since voting is a right you don't need to identify who you are when you vote so say the dems.

Well unless it's their primary of course...

MA Democrats: No Entry to Convention Without Photo ID

More do as i say not as i do.

Dems apparently don't want voter fraud at their primary, or are they trying to disenfranchise people?
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +238 / 8 / -26

The primary as defined by Massachusetts Convention is not an open election, as guaranteed by the constitution...

It is the exclusive venue of registered democrats... no theocratic wingnuts allowed, just common sense folks.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But...... but..... what about the 78 year old woman who has muscular dystrophy and bells palsy and Lou Gerhig's disease who is bedridden and wheelchair bound and can't move more than 3 inches without extremem pain?!?!? Why are the democrats trying to disenfranchise this woman?!?!?!
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You think individual rights are the same as entry into a convention? Really?

I thought you were opposed to "gotcha" politics? That seems to be your theme on thread-starting these days.

C'mon! Get serious. This is a serious election with serious issues and consequences at stake. Enough of this crap.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Which one?
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +238 / 8 / -26

I think I will head to Tampa in August and stamp my feet, and cry unconstitutional when they do not let me in to the wingnut convention...
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +468 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Yeah...her and the other 1,650,000 million nursing home residents in the same situation. Or the 1.56 million who, yearly, are sick enough to receive hospice care in their homes or in hospice facilities?

What about them?

About Nursing Homes

http://www.nhpco.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3788
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -2

It also costs money to enter.

But this isn't voting, is it? Where in the Constitution is the right to attend a party convention? (Still waiting to hear your answer on your Constitutional claim about voter registration)

Did you even read this, or are you just making things up?

Or have the Dems tried to force the pubs to permit everybody to attend their conventions, without any ID? That would in fact be hypocrisy, although it still wouldn't be the same as voting.
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sure seems to me that the dems are trying to disenfranchise them completely from party politics. And for some reason you're comfortable with this.
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +468 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

That's it? That's all you have?

There are only a couple hundred delegates to the MA Democrat Convention - they have to be appointed, they have to pay for their attendance, they have to arrange and pay for their travel to and from the convention center....how many nursing home residents or hospice patients are going to want to do that as opposed to how many of the over 3 million nursing home residents or hospice patients are going to want to fill out an absentee ballot?
  11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Is that question really necessary?
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Obviously there are vast differences in a convention vote and open elections but it's interesting that the Dems have determined the best way to insure there won't be voter fraud is to require photo ID's.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Do you actually believe that the Republicans won't do the same in one way or another or do you believe that they will let anyone who wants to just walk into their convention in Tampa?
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +468 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Are they doing it to prevent voter fraud or are they doing it to prevent anyone who is not registered with the convention from getting in and perhaps stealing information or causing a disturbance or, worse case scenerio, physically harming someone?

After all, we only have Breitbart rhetoric saying that ID is being required for voting purposes - and that's rhetoric that's not worth too much.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Yeah, that's a cute, folksy reply that indicates you are just baiting people that aren't like you (which is pretty much everyone) into this silly stuff, As we all know there is no "78 year old woman who has muscular dystrophy and bells palsy and Lou Gerhig's disease who is bedridden and wheelchair bound and can't move more than 3 inches without extremem pain" other than the one you imagine in your head. My "which one" question was rhetorical, of course, so it don't matter.

You're just clownin' around like Agent 13 did,. Got it.
  16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

That's a good point
  17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +387 / 6 / -9

Win: the first clause of this sentence.
    Fail: the equivalency between "voter fraud" among millions and disruption at a delegates-only convention.

Speaking not to you, but to any who are silly enough to want to claim that every voter should be in the convention:

The hall's not big enough, for starters. For better or worse, party conventions are not open to every citizen of the country or of a state. You have no right to attend the state party convention. You do have a right to vote in party primaries, if they state they're open to all people who register with that party, by their state's rules. In Virginia, you can vote in either primary. I skipped the Republican one this year but I considered it. In any event, in all but a handful of states, you do have a right to vote in a primary. Just not to attend the convention. Sorry.

Now, this is stunning:

For Wisconsin Primary, No Voter ID Needed

So let me get this straight: it's really not that big a deal, except when the vote is against Democrats?

Doesn't this tell you guys something?

The rapidly thickening Republican bozone layer threatens to extinguish intelligent life in America.

PFnV
  18. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +152 / 7 / -13

Fantastic job ,missing the point, the pubs support voter ID to ensure that only legit voters vote, so checking ID is consistent the dems OTOH think it is wrong for a real election but OK when it is for their meeting. As I said they believe in do as I say not as I do.

Funny that some responders think dems voting at their convention deserves more protection that a real election involving the USA.

From my POV the real election is far more important than a party function.
    Apparently dem supporters think the election is less important and less deserving of protection.
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +468 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

The Constitution agrees with you - that's why it's evolved over time to guarantee every citizen over 18 years of age, barring convicted felons, has a right to vote in it - but doesn't say jack about who can or cannot attend a convention.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  20. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -2

You're still having a hard time understanding the concept of Constitutional rights.