Welcome to PatsFans.com

Study: Take magic mushrooms, become enlightened!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Tunescribe, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 5 / -19

#61 Jersey

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

3. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 5 / -19

#61 Jersey

I've never tried them, so please share more about what the experience was like. Any lasting insights? Any side effects?

4. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

I'd rather not, please take no offense. I will say that no one should ever do them alone.

5. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 5 / -19

#61 Jersey

I take no offense, but being that we all are "anonymous" here, I'd think you could share educational anecdotes without fear or concern.

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +268 / 10 / -11

I tried peyote about 25 years ago with some friends. It made everything seem crisper and more beautiful, as if everything was covered with dew or was outlined. It made things very present. It gave me a very positive feeling while walking around Boston with some friends. But, the initial feeling was one of nausea (which I suppose is not true if you take just the chemical, and not the mushrooms themselves). I only tried them maybe twice in my life, so I don't know what a bad experience would be like. Also, I think some people have more hallucinogenic experiences than what I had.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

Hallucinogens always frightened me, always afraid I would wind up in some mental ward somewhere forever chasing butterflies..

8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There's a story in one of the recent issues of Discover magazine that talks about the new research being done with hallucinogenic drugs, helping cure addiction and helping terminally ill people come to grips, but they're so scared of the "public" and the "gubmint" getting involved they don't want to push it too far.

I wanted to try it, but was always afraid of what I might do. This was confirmed by a college friend who's parents were both psychiatrists and worked with the drugs, they thought I'd be a very poor candidate...no one wanted to be responsible for the mayhem that they felt would ensue.

Sucks to be me.

BTW--link to the article:

http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/16-could-an-acid-trip-cure-your-ocd

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I've always had the ability, back in the day, to be able to say...

"Oh that giant pink elephant I see wearing overalls MIGHT be because of the substance I took about an hour ago."

There are a number of people who can't do that. Who believe somehow in paranoid fantasies. These people should never go near mushrooms.

For thsoe on this board looking for a description of what its like, I'd have to say its different each time. It is something you certainly don't want to do alone. However, you don't want to be in society as well. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas could be the best representation of a 'trip'....

But by far the most realistic scene in any movie that shows what most trips are like...is in "Knocked up" when the guys go to Vegas.

"There are 5 different kinds of chairs in this room...."

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +671 / 2 / -9

Vodka, Clam Juice and a Joint----------Yup.

Moxie with ice cubes for a hangover, two hours later Chinese Food followed by sex, then the "big sleep".

11. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,892 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Do enough of them and you will laugh as hard as you have ever laughed in your life. First time I did them, I literally pee'd my pants six times because I laughed at the dumbest stuff. The room that you're in can expand or shrink at a moment's notice (example - my living room looked HUGE). You won't see things like a lepruchan running around all over the place or a troll busting your door down. It doesn't work like that. However, when I did it, the television screen appeared to turn into liquid. Not really any side effects or last insights.

However, I will say that when you start to do them more often, you find yourself thinking really hard about stuff that you shouldn't be thinking hard about. Everytime you say something to someone, you stop and wonder if you just offended them. It does make you insightful for a little bit, but way too insightful for my tastes.

My suggestion - try them once then ditch them.

12. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I've done Mushrooms and Salvia and if you go into them with the right state of mind, looking for some kind of third eye opening experience then that's what you'll get. Take half an eighth of shrooms to start off with and then work your way up to an eighth for full trip experience. You can actually grow as a person from this experience if you have the right mindset. These substances are on this planet for a reason. I'm currently trying to get some DMT, but I haven't had much luck and wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is inexperienced with hallucinagens. Like anything, moderation is key. These aren't drugs for "partying" or "getting ****ed up" they are for responsible drug users that know what they are getting and want to get an extraordinary, terrifying and mystical experience. You can also activate the DMT emmittors in your pineal gland through meditation and achieve the same end but it takes a long time to be able to do, and I've yet to learn.

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Sorry Tune...initially I thought discussing mushroom would be wrong on this board, but since it obviously is not, I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I have tried mushrooms, a few kinds of acid and Mesculine in the categories of drugs that induce "tripping" They were hugely popular back in the 1970's. Of all the drugs I listed, mushrooms were the mildest. Don't get me wrong, they were a potent drug but I never had a bad experience with them. With acid, I had many times when I wanted to "come down off them".

The #1 characteristic is that you will laugh harder than you ever have in your life. The only problem is you could be laughing your ashcan off in the face of a police officer if you're not careful. You have the deepest conversations you'll every have as long as you take them with other people.

Finally, I can't stress enough how important it is that you do them in a controlled environment...preferably indoors. Dealing with social situations is extremely difficult on these types of drugs. Stick with close friends in a private home or hotel room or something.

I will say that back in 1981 while attending Umass Amherst, I tried a drug called MDA and it was without a doubt the best "buzz" I have ever experienced. It was the beginning of Exstacy. I'm not sure if it's still made the same or not.

I had to give up all buzzes in 1989 because, you guessed it! I became an addict & acoholic. So it's been almost 20 years since my last buzz and I don't miss it at all. I also tried angel dust, all kinds of "downers" and "uppers" including crystal meth and many years and hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of cocaine. I would not encourage anyone to follow my path. But since we're all adults, you can make your own decisions.

But be careful.

14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Patters ... I always thought you were born a straight arrow.
    Your street cred just went up a notch in my book ... well done.

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +671 / 2 / -9

I knew there was something wrong with you guys, your all a bunch of mushroom sniffers, no wonder you don't know what the f-ck your talking about.

"Hey Clyde, wanna do a mushroom and some spinach juice"

:singing::singing::singing:

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW
    BLUE BIRDS FLY

16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Harry is the clam juice supplied by your neighbor ... :p

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +671 / 2 / -9

Sometimes----:singing:

18. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

The episode #84 where Tony Soprano does peyote while he's banging the crap out of Sonya was priceless. Especially when he's watching the sun set and he yells ... "I GET IT".

I never tried peyote or any hallucy kind of drug ... I guess i was a fag ... :p

19. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,077 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Hey Harry ... have you ever considered that some us ... (maybe me) enjoy talking out of our butts from time to time? It's fun ... especially when the other guy gives you a wtf for what you just typed ... :rofl:

20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +671 / 2 / -9

I was only kidding I'd love to try all that sh!t, I love mushrooms.
    I've done some crazy things in my day on booze I don't what would happen if I started shoving mushrooms up my nose, I bet I could fly.