Welcome to PatsFans.com

Studds Is Dead

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

Studds died today, will the Republicans be blamed?
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well that's one less homosexual pedophile in the world. I guess I'm a jerk for not feeling even remotely bad about this...?
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

No your not, just because he is dead doesn't change what he was, He was a Pedophile just like Foley but he was far more ARROGANT and Nasty.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

HIS "HUSBAND" REPORTED IT.

BOSTON - Former U.S. Rep. Gerry Studds, the first openly gay person elected to Congress, died early Saturday at Boston Medical Center, several days after he collapsed while walking his dog, his husband said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061014/ap_on_re_us/obit_studds
  5. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You guys are unbelievable. the man is dead. God rest his soul.
  6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nice to see some common sense. I just don't understand the need so many people have to deify an individual just because that individual has died.

Don't get me wrong; I show proper respect for those who deserve it. But Studds was a scumbag homosexual pedophile when he was alive, so dying does nothing to change that.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

Some of them are still trashing Reagan and look what they do to Nixon.
  8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How so..? All we're doing is calling a spade a spade. Please point out anything I have said about Gerry Studds that is incorrect.
  9. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

well if they did it the moment they found they died, as Tom Brokaw did, then that is wrong too. Hey, im not saying i havent done the same thing before, and it was wrong. lets just try and have SOME decency now.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

I don't think I could have "decency" towards Studds, the man was a "Pedophile", I have two grown sons and if they were seduced by a man like Studds when they were 17 I would now probably be in Prison.

I noticed in the report that Studds "Husband" is twenty years younger than Studds, Studds must have been quite a "Stud" in his day (he liked the young ones)

Foley -Pedophile
    Studds -Pedophile
    Barney Frank -Homosexual Pimp (ran a male cat house out of his office) unbeliveable what these democrats get away with.

There are probably plenty more of them in Washington today (I bet they are sh!tting their pants right now) who knows what the FBI will turn up.
  11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +908 / 7 / -17

#87 Jersey

Absolutely ... may he rest in peace.
  12. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This doesn't change the fact that he was a sexual predator while in Congress, and committed acts far worse than Foley, but since he's a Democrat, the media gave him a pass.

He'll have to answer for his actions to a much higher authority now.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

Jesus is dead, the liberals had a statue of him floating around in a bottle of pi$s in a NYC museum.
  14. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

He committed acts far worse than Foley? How do you know that? There is an ongoing investigation, but I guess your giving him the benefit of the doubt.
  15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +203 / 5 / -6

He didn't get a free pass. He was censured. He had a relationship with a 17 year old 10 years prior to his censure. The relationship was legal, and the boy defended Studds when the issue came out. What Studds did was sleazy, and perhaps should have been illegal, but it certainly wasn't worse than Foley who used emails and IMs to harass pages, and also slept with at least one page.

In addition, in your ignorance, no doubt, you neglected to mention that at the same time Studds was censured a Republican by the name of Crane was censured for having sexual relations with a 17-year-old femaile page. Seems to me that no one ever mentions Crane, so it's clear that the Republicans (no surprise there) and the media give him a far freer pass than Studds ever got. The Republicans constantly coverup for their sleaze, as the posts here show. You're all regularly mentioning Studds, but what about Crane and Livingstone (among many, many others)? He who lives in glass houses ....
  16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

Interesting his censure wasn't mentioned in the news report, wonder if it would have if he's been a pubbie?

As to who is worse (acknowledging both are/were scum) Studds sodomized a minor and jumped ugly when his behavior was questioned. The worst allegation against Foley is that he sent sexually explicit emails to an adult.
  17. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Given the feeding frenzy of the national press when a Republican is being investigated, if there was sexual relations between Foley and a minor page he got drunk first it would have already come out.

And anyone who thinks that writing about sex via IM's is worse than actually having sex with a minor page is a fool.
  18. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It would have been the lead of the story.
  19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +203 / 5 / -6

Distorting the facts to defend a Republican? Interesting. Foley sent the IMs to at least 1 17 year old, invited the same to drink booze at his house, and tried to get into the page dorm while drunk. You Republicans are so quick to mention Studds that you cover for Foley, Crane, Livingstone, and the many other hypocritical perverts in your party. Shame on you. Studds, Foley, Crane, and others are all roughly guilty of being sleazy and abusing their positions, but none of them are far as we now know did anything against the law. They acted unethically, and the way you bring up Studds but not Crane exposes you as a hypocrite. Quit playing politics with this one. Leave that to the politicians.
  20. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

The only sexual IM transcripts I am aware of are to the 18 yr old Edmund, if you are aware of another transcript could you please link it?

I don't see anyone 'forgiving Foley I do see demorats being hypotcritical in giving passes to Studds, Kennedy. Clinton and the like while wringing their hands over Foley, whose transgressions in the worst case are not as serious (but still despicable) as the ones mentioned above.

BTW does Nancy Teddy show up for studdsey funeral????