Welcome to PatsFans.com

Strong showing for Mitt

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Apr 3, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Romney supporters have to be encouraged by his fundraising numbers... looks like he is going to be a force to be reckoned with... One of his biggest advantages is NH is practically a suburb of Massachusetts so he gets disproportionally high name-recognition in the first-in-the-nation primary. And fact is that in a primary, name recognition is the single most important factor.
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I like Mitt the best so far, but I'd like to see Jeb Bush get into it.

//
  3. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Yeah, let's finish the toppling of democracy by putting Bush III in office and removing the final bastions of freedom, privacy, and liberty.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

I'm not a big fan. He's a suit. Great hair and good looks, talks real nice, but left this state high and dry, and made Coupe Deval a thorn in my wallet for the next 4 years.
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

No more Bush's, and no more Clinton's. They should make a constitutional amendment that declares so. :mad:
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

More reasons why he'll be the nominee.:mad:
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, pulheez, get your head out of Michael Moore's crap and get real. What we got on 9/11 is because Billy Boy was too busy with interns and other playmates to take care of the problem. If you want your "bastions" back, go tell it to der Slickmeister. But make sure you explain what "is" "is".

//
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You need to be looking at Beacon Hill more than at Romney when you cast apersions, RW. The Dem dominated legislature must be blamed for all the high taxation.

//
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

He's tall, has a strong arm....:D

Seriously though, I don't think he'll get it. There's this little thing about him being mormon that might get in the way. Plus, all they need to do is play his video, available on youtube btw, where he talks about supporting gay marraige and abortion, and flash to what he says now. I'll pass on him thank you. My least favorite candidates include Romney, Hillary, and Edwards. Newt Sh!twich hasn't declared yet I don't think, but add him as soon as he does.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

I'm not criticizing his politics while in office. What I am criticizing is his using me as a stepping stone for 2008, which was all the talk when he first ran to begin with. He fukced this state by leaving it high and dry. He should have done a second term, and I might have held him in a fairer regard, but he didn't. Now we're totally fukced for the next 4 years with another suit, only this one is waaaaay in over his head, and it's going to cost me double.
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Agreed!...I've had enough.

Romney + Mormon = loss

sorry peeps, its Fred Thompson for the Repubz if he wants it.
  12. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

More incoherent rambling and stupid empty phrases from a neocon sheep.
    First of all, I am not liberal and think Michael Moore is an idiot. Second of all, I am referencing the Patriot Act as well as all the various abuses Bush has enacted for the CIA / FBI / AG. Lastly, I just have to laugh because your stupid comments about 9/11 at the end just prove that you are a robot who is just repeating the same dumb replies over and over, even when they aren't relevant to what I even said.
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

I know nothing about Fred Thompsons politics, but he is the late addition that I mentioned a few months ago that could make some noise. I"m not sure if anyone remembers my saying how the 2 years out talk could make some candidates peak early, and could make for a late entry to steal the show. This goes for both parties. With the heads on each side being either less than favorable (Hillary 50% unfavorable), or having massive skeletons (Rudi, Rudi, Rudi!), someone could join late and catch lightining in a bottle.
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Whatever you call yourself you are carrying water for the Michael Moore/moveon.org crowd. Talk about "sheep"!!!

Der Schlickmeister is thanking you a thousand times for your yeoman service to the left / Dem cause.

Hillary couldn't be more pleased with you !!! They love it!

So, whatever you want to call yourself, your words only give aid and comfort to the left/Dem cause. Only.

//
  15. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Opposing authoritarianism lends comfort to the left cause. Check.
  16. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Neocon sheep, like you, are doing IRREPARABLE damage to the Rep party by insisting on seeing everything as a left vs. right political jerkfest.
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The only sheep are those who carry water for one side and deny it by claiming there's a "third wave" that for some unknown reason never appears. Thus, by default, supporting one of the two, left or right. Almost every time the left.

//
  18. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Right now I am leaning towards Mitt, but I tell ya I sure wouldn't mind seeing Fred Thompson throw his hat into the ring.

"A Russkie doesn't take a dump without a plan, son."
  19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

If we have to have a former Republican MA Governor as President, why can't it be Bill Weld? That guy was cool, a little goofy lookin'; but definitely cool.

Besides he jumped into the Charles river and didn't even die. That proves he's tough enough for DC.
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:D

But he doesn't even look like Tuesday Weld's brother!!

//