PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

strength of schedule fallacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hummmm. So, if N.O. keeps winning, do we get to count that as a "quality opponent" later in the year??

Sure.

No "fallacy" about it. So far, the SOS is weak. However, NE Awesomes are awesome enough to conclude that regardless of opponents, they are awesome.

Dallas and San Diego are better teams than anybody the Colts have played. I'm not knocking the Colts schedule they've won some tough divisional games. However I grow tired of hearing the Pats schedule is weak when they have played more top end talent. Indy's overall strength of schedule is better right now because we have also play the likes of the Jets and Fins who admittedly, gleefully admittedly, suck.

It's ok for you to defend your Colts at every turn but if a Pats fans dares to bring up a point for the Pats we are defending the "awesomes".

Sure.

Dallas and San Diego are better teams than anybody the Colts have played. I'm not knocking the Colts schedule they've won some tough divisional games. However I grow tired of hearing the Pats schedule is weak when they have played more top end talent. Indy's overall strength of schedule is better right now because we have also play the likes of the Jets and Fins who admittedly, gleefully admittedly, suck.

It's ok for you to defend your Colts at every turn but if a Pats fans dares to bring up a point for the Pats we are defending the "awesomes".

I respectfully disagree. Basically, IMO, it's been a flip flop. The Colts have not really faced a top offense, but I think we have faced much tougher defenses.

Pats have not really faced very many tough defenses (Boys, Chargers) but at least faced a balanced team in the Boys, and the Browns can obviously score points.

In the end, the ENTIRE NFL(besides Colts Pats), and the SEASON is a big disappointment. Although the Steelers and Chargers have a chance to gel and make a run, I really thought the AFC would be loaded with 10 or so teams vying for 6 spots, with not much spread between 1-6. I thought 11-5 might get a 6 seed, but looks like 10-6 or even 9-7 will get a 6th seed.

Pats
Colts
Steelers
Chargers

and then??

Jax,Titans,Ravens???

Pats have not really faced very many tough defenses (Boys, Chargers) but at least faced a balanced team in the Boys, and the Browns can obviously score points.

Washington was the top rated defense in the league coming into the Patriots game, and the Chargers are allowing almost half the points we put on them. The Dallas defense is very inconsistent and overrated.

I think overall the Colts have face more good defenses in Jax, Tenn, Houston, and Tampa.

Pats
Colts
Steelers
Chargers

and then??

Jax,Titans,Ravens???

I don't think the Steelers are as good as people think. Cleveland is the best team they've played and they have two losses.

But yes it's a two team league.

I think overall the Colts have face more good defenses in Jax, Tenn, Houston, and Tampa.

Indy
====
TEN #5 = 22 pts
TB #8 = 33 pts
JAX #15 = 29 pts
Average = 28 pts

Pats
====
DAL #6 = 48 pts
WAS #12 = 52 pts
SD #18 = 38 pts
Average = 46 pts

It really is kind of useless analyzing the Pats using statistics at this point. There are really only 2 conclusions you can draw:

1) The Pats are dominating at a level we've never seen before and would have to cough up a hairball to lose to anyone (including Indy).

2) The stats are misleading and don't entirely reflect reality. In that case, we don't know where "reality" is and the Colts' game will go a long way to determining that.

I'm generally a conservative sort and would lean towards the latter. So I'm going to assume an even matchup and just enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back